Sign in to follow this  
Mr Wolf

The Colour

Just read that Gunny article.  I thought that cheesy football rock song thing had fizzled out a few weeks ago following the apparent lack of support from city fans but it sounds like ''The Colour'' are ploughing ahead with it anyway, making a video starring Gunn who - although is still held dearly in the hearts of many norwich fans -  is someone who is partly responsible for taking the club to its lowest ebb in decades - if not ever. Probably tried to get Lambert but he wasn''t up for it!

The band want the team to run out to this. I''m not crticising the band themselves and respect them for trying to do something to get behind the team but am I the only one who would be mildly embarrassed to have this blasting out just before kick off instead of song 2?!! To be fair I normally get there at one minute before KO anyway so probably wouldnt ever hear it but still..

For anyone who missed this a few weeks back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?vā€‹=wgCBZRBTrvk

"GEEEETAAAAARRRR!!!"

Oh god - didn''t realise it was in aid of the Brian Gunn Leukaemia appeal - how bad do I feel now!

[quote user="Charlie Sierra"]Oh god - didn''t realise it was in aid of the Brian Gunn Leukaemia appeal - how bad do I feel now![/quote]

Doesn''t make the song any better, but does give it credibility now... tut tut CS...

[quote user="Charlie Sierra"]

Just read that Gunny article.  I thought that cheesy football rock song thing had fizzled out a few weeks ago following the apparent lack of support from city fans but it sounds like ''The Colour'' are ploughing ahead with it anyway, making a video starring Gunn who - although is still held dearly in the hearts of many norwich fans -  is someone who is partly responsible for taking the club to its lowest ebb in decades - if not ever. Probably tried to get Lambert but he wasn''t up for it!

The band want the team to run out to this. I''m not crticising the band themselves and respect them for trying to do something to get behind the team but am I the only one who would be mildly embarrassed to have this blasting out just before kick off instead of song 2?!! To be fair I normally get there at one minute before KO anyway so probably wouldnt ever hear it but still..

For anyone who missed this a few weeks back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?vā€‹=wgCBZRBTrvk

"GEEEETAAAAARRRR!!!"

[/quote]

You are definitely not the only one!!

Yes,it is for a very good cause and yes,good for them getting out there and playing their music BUT it isn''t good enough for the mighty NCFC.

McNally should close them down for using the club''s intellectual property to further their own careers.  And for being rubbish.Why can''t a pop/punk band record a version of On The Ball City, like a Sham 69 style version?

Give the lads a break and lets leave music snobbery at the door. Everyone has their own tastes.

I think it''s great that a local band has put something like this together and for a great cause too.

Cynicism is an easy poison to pour.

i fully expect "the colour" will have a legal writ on their doorstep from the club soon... Any shirts purchased on ebay etc will be seized by the club and burnt with the wearer arrested.... Fifa 12 will not be made due to Norwich City appearing in the game and someone at the club with too much time on their hands getting umpy about it!

''Who are ya'' is one chant I dislike on the terraces - but I love this song!

I downloaded it weeks ago and have regularly listened ever since. It will sound great in the stadium which is what it is designed to do. 

If this song was written for Leeds Utd, they would buy it in their thousands to ensure it charted at No1...

I will be honest.......I really liek the song.

Can totally see the entire of Carrow Road sing ''Who Are Ya'' to the opposition - I think it will make quite an atmosphere....

But thats just my opinion

[quote user="Mr Strong"]I will be honest.......I really liek the song.

Can totally see the entire of Carrow Road sing ''Who Are Ya'' to the opposition - I think it will make quite an atmosphere....

But thats just my opinion[/quote]

It is just the farmers lot that cant seem to accept a revoloution

[quote user="Mister Chops"]McNally should close them down for using the club''s intellectual property to further their own careers.  And for being rubbish.

Why can''t a pop/punk band record a version of On The Ball City, like a Sham 69 style version?
[/quote]

That, is a very good call Mister Chops.

not mildly embarrassing, thoroughly embarrassing!

songs that get played in the lead up to the game should be catchy and uplifting... this is neither.

it''s for a good cause, so could be aired a couple of times, but nowhere near ko, surely.

I really hope we don''t forge any affiliation to this song. the band is just soo amateurish, it would be mightily embarrassing, we may as well start endorsing any old forgettable pub band that comes along.