Sign in to follow this  
Oxford Canary

James Tomkins

You can tell you''ve got an Oxford education with revelations like that.

Yeah, think he''s got decent potential and I don''t think West Ham would have brought the best out of him. But that could change with Allardyce incharge.

[quote user="GJP"]Yeah, think he''s got decent potential and I don''t think West Ham would have brought the best out of him. But that could change with Allardyce incharge.[/quote]

Allerdyce does not really have a record of bringing through youngsters though..

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="GJP"]Yeah, think he''s got decent potential and I don''t think West Ham would have brought the best out of him. But that could change with Allardyce incharge.[/quote] Allerdyce does not really have a record of bringing through youngsters though..[/quote]

Which wasn''t my point anyway.

Allardyce does know how to organise a defence. Which is something West Ham haven''t had for a while and is something that''ll probably benefit Tomkins.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="GJP"]Yeah, think he''s got decent potential and I don''t think West Ham would have brought the best out of him. But that could change with Allardyce incharge.[/quote]

Allerdyce does not really have a record of bringing through youngsters though..[/quote]I think that''s harsh. He joined Bolton in 1999, they didn''t have an academy until 1998 and yet he still managed to find Kevin Nolan and Joey O''Brien. I bet if you look at what Bolton produced and what we produced during that period, they have more players still playing the game professionally than we do. Granted we had Greeno and Bellamy come through at the start of that period, but other than that our academy was a miserable failure between 2000-2007. Shackell is the only one that I can think of. Other than that our own legacy is the Jarvis brothers who are struggling in nothing leagues, Henderson, and Crow who plays in the conference. Nothing to write home about. None of them have been as successful as ''nearly beens'' from Bolton, e.g. Danny Livesey at Carlisle and Chris Basham. Lambert was very lucky to have came into a club which had started running things correctly academy wise, it was something that he didn''t need to change. To walk into a club which had just produced Declan Rudd, Chris Martin, Tom Adeyemi, Korey Smith, Jed Steer, George Francomb, he is a very lucky man and somebody somewhere needs to be thanked for sorting out our miserable system. I know it wouldn''t have been Worthington, so who was it? Who restructured our academy? Ricky Martin? Because if a manager doesn''t get an 18 year old player worth putting on the pitch, then he isn''t going to put one on the pitch, don''t think that Allardyce can be the fall guy there mate.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="GJP"]Yeah, think he''s got decent potential and I don''t think West Ham would have brought the best out of him. But that could change with Allardyce incharge.[/quote] Allerdyce does not really have a record of bringing through youngsters though..[/quote]

I think that''s harsh. He joined Bolton in 1999, they didn''t have an academy until 1998 and yet he still managed to find Kevin Nolan and Joey O''Brien. I bet if you look at what Bolton produced and what we produced during that period, they have more players still playing the game professionally than we do. Granted we had Greeno and Bellamy come through at the start of that period, but other than that our academy was a miserable failure between 2000-2007. Shackell is the only one that I can think of.

Other than that our own legacy is the Jarvis brothers who are struggling in nothing leagues, Henderson, and Crow who plays in the conference. Nothing to write home about. None of them have been as successful as ''nearly beens'' from Bolton, e.g. Danny Livesey at Carlisle and Chris Basham.

Lambert was very lucky to have came into a club which had started running things correctly academy wise, it was something that he didn''t need to change. To walk into a club which had just produced Declan Rudd, Chris Martin, Tom Adeyemi, Korey Smith, Jed Steer, George Francomb, he is a very lucky man and somebody somewhere needs to be thanked for sorting out our miserable system. I know it wouldn''t have been Worthington, so who was it?

Who restructured our academy? Ricky Martin? Because if a manager doesn''t get an 18 year old player worth putting on the pitch, then he isn''t going to put one on the pitch, don''t think that Allardyce can be the fall guy there mate.
[/quote]

Roeder did a lot of good work with the Academy, made it a bit more streamlined and cleared out more than a few players who had no hope of progress.

would still like to see Nedum Onuoha. Hes only 24 i think. Has bags of pace and plenty of Premier League experience (over 100 games). Mancini obviously does not rate him as he was at Sunderland on loan last year.

I ran an eye over Tomkins the other day and nearly posted the same. He would be typical Lambert material and would fit perfectly into the back beside Barnett and provide some much needed relief for Martin were he to get injured. And to boot he has a bit of Premiership experience. What do you reckon - £2m + add ons perhaps?

The only problem is West Ham wont be desperate to sell though if Norwich were to show any interest he may do a Pilks and hand in a transfer request.

For the record, West Ham have another promising young right/centre named Jordan Spence. Would be happy to see either in yellow.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

For the record, West Ham have another promising young right/centre named Jordan Spence. Would be happy to see either in yellow.

[/quote]

Yup, he looked handy when we played against him last season.

Pretty sure he signed a new contract with West Ham in the last week or two.

Larry David "Onouha is probably on 40k a week ffs"

Where do you get these figures from?

Onouha has never started reguarly for City, he has come through their youth team and spent the last year out on loan because he was not wanted. I doubt he is on 40k a week.

I like the fact you assume because he is at the very wealthy Man City he has got to be on big money, or did you get your facts from the latest football manager?

If someone doesnt think Onouha is a realistic target then fair enough, but its people like you that make this messageboard a nightmare at times by using words like for f**k sake as though your opinion is the only one that matters.

[quote user="Larry David"]Onuha is probaly on £40k a week ffs[/quote]Actually he earns half that, around £20k ffs

Thanks for backing my claim up guys.

People like Larry David shouldnt be allowed on internet forums. You got more sense out of Wiz (No offence Wiz haha)