Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Runs in the family

Just an observation really but interesting none the less.

Elliott Ward, Elliott Bennett and Anthony Pilkington all have brothers that play proffesional football.

Cant think of many other professional footballers who share the same trait - Ferdinand, Neville, Wright Phillips, Toures.

So is quite unusual.

Noses run in my family.[IMG]http://www.snotbubblekids.com/images/snotbubble_kid_copy_opt.jpg[/IMG]

Terry''s, Bramble''s, Alonso''s, Hoyte''s, Milito''s, Inzaghi''s, De Boer''s, Laudrup''s, Ameobi''s.

A bit closer to home, the (John & Chris) Sutton and (Joh & Robert) Fleck families, and also the Jarvis brothers.

the idae is they can go on to be as good, or thereabouts as their siblings.

Unfortunately this isn''t always the case. Looking at you, Paul Dalglish.

Actually, adding to that; Ironically PAUL LAMBERT signed him when he was manager of Livingston.

An interesting page indeed John- blimey - there are some genes in this lot!

Jack Milburn, George Milburn (brother), Jim Milburn (brother), Stanley Milburn (brother), Bobby Charlton (England international) (nephew), Jack Charlton (England international) (nephew), Jackie Milburn (England international) (cousin)

Lescott, Alonso, Moore, Higuain and Cheyrou.

Clarence Seedorf and his cousin Stefano.

"I can''t think of any twins in professional football though."

Fabio and Rafael....

Marc Tierney''s brother Paul also used to play in the professional leagues, and was at Livingston under PL. I also remember Hucks leaving the boot in on him in the FA Cup replay against Blackpool under Peter Grant, was lucky not to be sent off.

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]the idae is they can go on to be as good, or thereabouts as their siblings.

Unfortunately this isn''t always the case. Looking at you, Paul Dalglish.[/quote]

siblings are brothers or sisters....

What about fathers and sons, but playing professional football at the same time, must have happened? Even, fathers and sons playing for the same team or against each other in a match?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]What about fathers and sons, but playing professional football at the same time, must have happened? Even, fathers and sons playing for the same team or against each other in a match?[/quote]

Think Eidur Gudjonnsen was substitute for his Dad in an Iceland international.

To summerise - Im guessing we are the only club who have 4 players who have brothers who play professional football. Irrelevant it may be, but I still think its interesting. Would be suprised if any other proffesional club could say the same thing.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]To summerise - Im guessing we are the only club who have 4 players who have brothers who play professional football. Irrelevant it may be, but I still think its interesting. Would be suprised if any other proffesional club could say the same thing.[/quote]

Off the top of my head Man Utd have more;

Jonny and Corry Evans

Wayne and John Rooney

Rio and Anton Ferdinand

Ryan and Rohdri Giggs (although Rohdri is now a manager)

Rafael and Fabio (does this count as two?)