Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Lass

who is going...

Contacts end on the 30th July generally. We let Askou, Gill and a youngster whos name escapes me. We are still very early in the transfer window - I think there are another 6 weeks to go so wouldn''t call this the "last stage".

I''m almost certain there will be a few players sold or loaned off - just most clubs do their business later on in the window than Norwich.

To add to that Daley had a trail at Plymouth which would suggest he is about to leave to somewhere.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Contacts end on the 30th July generally. We let Askou, Gill and a youngster whos name escapes me. We are still very early in the transfer window - I think there are another 6 weeks to go so wouldn''t call this the "last stage".

I''m almost certain there will be a few players sold or loaned off - just most clubs do their business later on in the window than Norwich.

To add to that Daley had a trail at Plymouth which would suggest he is about to leave to somewhere.

[/quote]

I of course meant 30th June

I would imagine Steven Smith, Hughes, OTJ and Daley are likely to be on the move, I cannot see them making the 25 man squad

We have currently got 29 players above the age of 21, plus Lambert has said he want atleast another 1 player, which if they are above 21, will obviously put this figure to 30. With the PL 25 man rule, I''d imagine atleast 5 players will be sold/loaned, including OTJ, Smith, Gill, Hughes etc

Witha 25 man squad restriction I would be looking to ship out Johnson, McDonald and Wilbraham. That would still leave us with 5 front line strikers. I think Smith can leave as well given that we have Drury, Tierney and De Laet who can play at left back. In an ideal world I would also like to see Hughes and Tudur Jones leave. That would represent 6 players in and 6 players out so far. A nice balance, with the quality of the squad having been improved immensely.

However while that is all very nice in theory in practice, a lot of these players will be on inflated wages after we gained promotion to the Premier League. So whether you would actually find someone to take them is another matter.Thats already been a stumbling block for Smith going to Aberdeen and may also be an issue for the others. Realistically if you want to offload some of these players to the championship or league 1 you are going to have to subsidise some of their wages. Which I don''t have a problem with because given that they are likely to omitted from the 25 man squad, you would have to pay them all their full wages anway despite the fact they would be unable to kick a ball in anger for us. So we might as well cut our losses for the year, as all six have contracts which expire in 2012.

[quote user="ryan1992"]We have currently got 29 players above the age of 21, plus Lambert has said he want atleast another 1 player, which if they are above 21, will obviously put this figure to 30. With the PL 25 man rule, I''d imagine atleast 5 players will be sold/loaned, including OTJ, Smith, Gill, Hughes etc[/quote]

Gill went to Brissol Rovers a little while ago after his contract expired

[quote user="yellow blood"]

[quote user="ryan1992"]We have currently got 29 players above the age of 21, plus Lambert has said he want atleast another 1 player, which if they are above 21, will obviously put this figure to 30. With the PL 25 man rule, I''d imagine atleast 5 players will be sold/loaned, including OTJ, Smith, Gill, Hughes etc[/quote]

Gill went to Brissol Rovers a little while ago after his contract expired

[/quote]

Oh yeah sorry, Slipped my mind!

Looking at the 25 man squad so far this IMO are the current ones that have a place. (these are all over 21) you can have any number of under 21s

Ruddy

R Martin

Drury

Whitbread

Barnett

Ward

Tierney

De Laet

Crofts

Surman

Hoolahan

Fox

Bennett

Johnson

Lappin

Pilkington

McNamee

Holt

Jackson

Morrisson

Vaughan

I make that 21.

With Rudd, Steer, Korey, Adeyimi, Dawkins and Ball all under 21.

I would say that S Smith, Hughes, C Martin, Wilbraham, Cody and Johnson, are the ones looking over there shoulders.

I think we will get another Goalkeeper, a defender and maybe a striker. That will take the squad to 23 or 24.

I would keep Cody out of the above and sell or loan the rest.

The players definetly in the 25: Ruddy, Russell Martin, De Laet, Ward, Whitbread, Barnett, Tierney, Johnson, Fox, Crofts, Surman, Hoolahan, Pilkington, Bennett, Holt, Vaughan, Morison & JacksonMost likely: Drury, Lappin, McNamee, C MartinPossible: Wilbraham, OTJ, Hughes, S Smith, Cody, OliThink some of the players will make the squad if no one else is brought in otherwise they will most likely stay for the reserve games if no one comes in for them.