Sign in to follow this  
NeonYellow

Titus Bramble - Just say NO!!

This transfer rumour is slowly picking up pace on Twitter and surely has to be a joke!

Terrible defender only a handful of good games a season and a former tractor boy. I''m sure we all agree?

Maybe if we all voice our concerns on this post it will permeate somehow..........

It''s not going to happen. Don''t waste your time on worrying about it mate. Doesn''t fit the Lambert mould, would think that (ridiculously) his wages wouldn''t match the structure either, this is one of those that I would be happy to gamble a large amount of money on not coming off.He did win player of the season at Wigan once though I think... [;)]

Won''t happen because he was first choice at Sunderland last year and we couldn''t afford the fee to get him away from them, let alone afford his wages.

Ask some Sunderland fans for their opinions on Bramble, they will tell you he was their best defender and the season started to go wrong for them when he became injured. His days of being error prone are long behind him and he now has over 200 games experience in the Premier League, that doesn''t happen if you are no good.

I suggest you watch his performances against Man City, Man Utd and Arsenal from last season and then judge how good a defender he is - in all those games he was probably the best player on the pitch.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Won''t happen because he was first choice at Sunderland last year and we couldn''t afford the fee to get him away from them, let alone afford his wages.

Ask some Sunderland fans for their opinions on Bramble, they will tell you he was their best defender and the season started to go wrong for them when he became injured. His days of being error prone are long behind him and he now has over 200 games experience in the Premier League, that doesn''t happen if you are no good.

I suggest you watch his performances against Man City, Man Utd and Arsenal from last season and then judge how good a defender he is - in all those games he was probably the best player on the pitch.

[/quote]

Good post.

As I was saying on the other Titus Bramble thread he is a very good player but too few people on here seem to realise it.

I''d be chuffed if we signed him but it would seem very, very unlikely.

I''d prefer Bramble over Upson everyday of the week. For the fans calling for a proven experienced Premiership player he falls erfectly into that category. However, as already noted, there''s no reason for him to leave Sunderland and we certainly couldn''t afford him.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

Totally agree, he couldn''t be that bad if a decent centre back in Steve Bruce has signed him twice and he won player of the season at Wigan and still plays in the Premier League surely? Most of the people who say they think he is terrible has seen the 4 or 5 errors he has made in over 10 years on youtube and not the 100''s of good perfomances he has put in. Thats just the way it is.

Good post.

As I was saying on the other Titus Bramble thread he is a very good player but too few people on here seem to realise it.

I''d be chuffed if we signed him but it would seem very, very unlikely.

[/quote]

Completely agree with Bethnal

How can someone with over 250 premier league games and 8 goals be useless! He would have been found out a long time ago!

Yes he has made a few high profile mistakes but he''s a solid centre back and from last season''s form those days seem to be long gone.

Lambert can get the best out of anyone and I for one would relish seeing what he could do with Titus but we wouldn''t have a hope of signing him! More chance of Anton Ferdinand which I''m sure people would rave about!

If Titus Bramble comes to norwich then so be it. Lambert isn''t silly he knows when and what not to spend his money on. You don''t know he maybe badly rated but he may shine at Norwich!

Look at Jackson he wasn''t up there in names, he took his time to shine but look what a difference he made we are in the prem because of him. So just give the man a chance

Bramble has played 11 seasons of consecutive Premier League with over 250 games and since relegation with Ipswich in 2002 hasn''t been relegated with either Newcastle, Wigan or Sunderland.

Steve Bruce has signed him twice and if you ask a Wigan or Sunderland fan about him, you''ll generally hear positive views.

Titus Bramble at centre back in the right pairing would be very good for us however, Titus Bramble a long side one of our other centre backs would be suicide IMO.

[quote user="Boyo"]Titus Bramble at centre back in the right pairing would be very good for us however, Titus Bramble a long side one of our other centre backs would be suicide IMO.[/quote]

Out of interest, why?