Sign in to follow this  
CanaryJames

Lansbury left out of Arsenal squad

Not saying we''re signing him (we don''t really need any more attacking midfielder''s, although I still wouldn''t turn him down!), but Lansbury''s been left out of Arsenal''s 23-man squad for their tour of Asia.

The likes of Miyaichi (18), Frimpong (19) and Traore (21) have been included.

Of course, he could have only been left out because he''s being given extra time to recover from playing for the U21''s this summer, but it doesn''t look a good omen for him.

Would Wenger really rest a player who only played a bit part for the u21''s? mmm?

I''d have him back in a shot. If we get him for 2-3m I reckon he''d be worth nearer 10m in a few years and he can play anywhere in a flat midfield 4, and at the tip if we play the diamond; the only place he cant play is at the base if we go diamond. He has even played upfront for the Arsenal.

I think we have greater priorities than Lansbury at the moment. As much as I like him and think he has potential, we need players who are ready to step up now. He couldn''t really hold down a place when we were in the Championship and we have better current options already at the club in his position in my opinion.

Defence is the bigger priority.

As Grif said the defence must be and I''m sure it is the priority at the moment.  I would much rather spend 3 million on a defender than Lansbury.  Having said that I would love Lansbury back here, I''d have him over Pacheco everytime.

Fully agree that defence needs to be prioritised right now.

Once we''ve got a goalkeeper and (at least) one defender in (and maybe another defensive-minded midfielder), I''d imagine Lambert will see what he''s got left and make a decision then.

My prediction is Pacheco (initially on loan) in late August, and Lansbury permanently in January.

Cannot have too many quality players in the Premier League. If the £2m price tag is true that''s a great price. He''s only going to get better, would have massive resale value.

People connected with Arsenal say it is because he is still on holiday after the u21''s. Surely he wouldn''t have been on holiday, missing the start of pre-season though? [:|]

He would be a great signing and I don''t think it has to be either defence or Landsbury I am sure Mcnally and Lambert can multi-task, I don''t think we can have too many quality players next year, if we go down we can sell them on or they can get us back up next year, competition has to the be the key.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]Would Wenger really rest a player who only played a bit part for the u21''s? mmm? I''d have him back in a shot. If we get him for 2-3m I reckon he''d be worth nearer 10m in a few years and he can play anywhere in a flat midfield 4, and at the tip if we play the diamond; the only place he cant play is at the base if we go diamond. He has even played upfront for the Arsenal.[/quote]

I think HL would do well at the base of the diamond.  He puts himself about and he can pass.  He just needs experience of playing there

I doubt it''s anything to do with the U21s.  I doubt he''s on holiday at this relatively late stage.  He could be on the move...  Whether he''s coming to us is anybody''s guess but plenty news reports have him linked to us though.

he will be on holiday even though he only played a bit part for the u21''s. when there was all the hoo ha about wilshere playing for them in the summer, wenger said if he did play he would be unavailable for the england qualifier (friendly?) in august, as he''d only just be starting his pre-season after his holiday period. love to have him pack though. yes defense is the priority but as someone else said you can never have too much quality in the prem.

One of my mates made a somewhat audatious claim about Lansbury''s , lets call it, "Labido" the other night, I just pretended to be interested and just thought " hmmm well if thats true then Lansbury is still comming / connected to Norwich"Just wish I had seen him in ASDA or better at the BBQ to have fully confirmed this :(

Arsenal have only taken a 23 man squad to Asia. Lansbury isn''t on holiday, but due to his U21 commitments he is a only being involved in light training to avoid risk of injury. He may not have played many games during the U21 Euros but he would have been training with the squad everyday and keeping his fitness up several weeks after the rest of the squad. Other Arsenal players who were involved for U21s have also not travelled to Asia.

Anyone who doubts Lansbury''s value to us last season only has to look at the DVD. He was involved in most of our positive moves and scored some crucial goals. He has that extra "something" that makes a special player. I''d be delighted if we could get him.

[quote user="Jarrolder"]Anyone who doubts Lansbury''s value to us last season only has to look at the DVD. He was involved in most of our positive moves and scored some crucial goals. He has that extra "something" that makes a special player. I''d be delighted if we could get him.[/quote] totally agree. has incredible drive and wants to be first to the ball always. real never say die attitude and his value can only soar over the next few years. don''t think PL will take him on loan, but could be very interested in a permanent deal.

According to the Sunday Times today he''s on their "exit list" from Arsenal.

I would agree, given his age, quality and the commitment he showed while on loan, he''d be a good signing at £2m or less.

A good signing for £2M?

Where would you play him and at whose expense?

I think the £2M could be more beneficial spent on strenghthening other departments.

Let me just rattle those figures around in my Melon

2 Mil for Lansbury

Compared to

8 Mil for Snodgrass

Mmmmmmmm now let me see, which one sounds the best deal and would give us the best return???

I didn''t think we had signed Snodgrass.

I think you miss the point. I do not think at £2M that Lansbury is overpriced but it''s a bit like buying a TV at half price because it is a good price when you have three more at home the same or better and when you possibly need a fridge.

Yes but in the Prem you''re going to need strength in depth in midfield, particularly when suspensions and injuries kick in, so you''re gonna need plenty of those TVs... and I''m not convinced we have enough quality in midfield to shut up shop especially for a player that has already shown he can fit in here, and has plenty of potential to improve.

Given Lambert''s prudent spending so far I don''t think it would prevent him filling in the few gaps we have left either.  I think that is more likely to be down to whether or not he can find people he wants at reasonable prices.

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"]Lansbury has been handed the number 12 shirt at Arsenal, suggests he might be in Wenger''s plans.[/quote]

Not true, Lansbury just replied to this tweet -

": why are ppl saying u changed shirt number is this true?!" Don''t think I have one so don''t get my name or number lol

Very interesting Alysha, I''d assumed the reason he was left out was holiday until I read this.

Sadly I don''t think he''ll be moving here. He''s a fantastic player, a real talent with a great attitude. But our midfield is well and truly sorted now. Wherever he moves he will certainly be amongst their star players.

some moron on facebook page, has stated that he has seen on sky sports this evening that Lansbury will be signing weds/thurs... when asked for a link he could not provide one. now i have scouted all throught the net and there is no mention of this... although i would like this to be true, i cant see it...

but il be the first to appologise if it is true and he does sign... watch this space i guess

I feel personally that AW is off his rocker if Heni does not figure in his future plans and on the suject of Lansbury what happened to the other thread about a two million bid and a fourth official knowing something, pretty sure I seen it today unless I need Gregory Pecks.

[quote user="Twitchy"] what happened to the other thread about a two million bid and a fourth official knowing something, pretty sure I seen it today
[/quote]

I thought I saw another thread last night about a £2m bid for Lansbury but can''t find it today, then again I''ve had a couple of wines [:D]

Lol nice one Angel, enjoying a cheeky little red number myself tonight and still no sign of that thread...........strange.

Hmmm...I was ''lurking'' at work this afternoon and the ''£2m for Lansbury'' thread did go rather off-topic (some of the usual suspects getting arsey with one another), so perhaps it got further out of hand....a shame, as it had been a reasonable discussion to that point.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Hmmm...I was ''lurking'' at work this afternoon and the ''£2m for Lansbury'' thread did go rather off-topic (some of the usual suspects getting arsey with one another), so perhaps it got further out of hand....a shame, as it had been a reasonable discussion to that point.[/quote]Ah I see BP, another case of a celebrity Pink''un death match, I hope it was worth it.............knobs.