Sign in to follow this  
bigkev 1974

centre back

hi i am new to this so please be patient.  how about trying to get that turner bloke from sunderland sorry cant remember his first name but sure some1 will put me right. so what do you all think?

Out of our league in terms of money.I''d be interested in seeing whether Bolton intend to use David Wheater this year, who they signed in January but kept on the bench for most of the last 5 months of the season.The signed him for an undisclosed fee, which probably means Boro didn''t want to show how skint they are going to be without parachutes. He was class for Boro in the prem, and almost got an England cap. Still only 24, so probably hungry to get back in England reckoning sometime.I''d take him for £2m - £3m. Although maybe Bolton paid a lot more, who knows.

Wheater was signed to replace Cahill, i''ve no doubt we''ll see more of him in a Bolton top this season.

Turner is a viable solution. Remember George McCartney cost £6m a couple of years ago and Leeds managed to have him for a while. Turner is well within our capabilities and not a bad shout actually for £3m-£4m or so

What about Steven Taylor from Newcastle?

Not sure whether he is still a regular in their side, would be surprised if he isn''t though. I know he was highly rated prior to their relegation, but don''t seem to hear about him as much these days. Young, competitive and plenty of prem experience. . . Might be worth a cheeky bid??

No taa, i think he''s first team now anyway, either way, he''ll be on too much money and strikes me as one who is meant to play for Newcastle and wouldn''t be as good elsewhere.

Turner was first choice at Sunderland (next to Bramble) and there is no way they would sell him for less than the amount they paid. If he was out of favour then it might be possible to get him for £4m, but there would certainly be a lot of competition. This is before you consider his wages would certainly be out of our budget.

The same applies to Taylor at Newcastle, was in the first team at Newcastle last year and on a very lucrative contract. Can''t see him wanting to come to Norwich at all.

It''s clear we''re all getting nervous about this CB position, we really need one I think. Turner will be out of our league, cause too expensive for what he is...imo. Wheater would be a great acquisition, but with the rumour mill stalking at the moment...I think we''re just gonna have to wait and see...aaaarghh

Imo our defensive options are not up to the PL yet. With PL talking about another loan, I think we''re being prized out of the market at the moment.

"With PL talking about another loan, I think we''re being prized out of the market at the moment"

I stand to be corrected, but I can''t see that Lambert has said anything specific about another loan signing.

All I can find that he is reported to have said is: "The [loan] system has definitely worked for us, it’s not something I’d dismiss".

He may well be looking at a loan signing. But has he said this?

[quote user="CambsCanary"]"With PL talking about another loan, I think we''re being prized out of the market at the moment" I stand to be corrected, but I can''t see that Lambert has said anything specific about another loan signing. All I can find that he is reported to have said is: "The [loan] system has definitely worked for us, it’s not something I’d dismiss". He may well be looking at a loan signing. But has he said this?[/quote]  he has mentioned how well the loans of lansbury and pacheco worked and he would be looking into similar deals again for this season, but no names or positions were mentioned.

"[PL] has mentioned ... he would be looking into similar [loan] deals again for this season"

Thanks, Star_Manic.

Not trying to be pedantic, but I still can''t see anywhere that PL said this.

Some articles on the internet have speculated this, but I can''t see any quote from PL along these lines other than "it''s not something I''d dismiss".

think it was in the pink, one of the articles down the page. i''m away from a computer mon to thur so when i get home i hoover up all the info from all sites.