Sign in to follow this  
holt_till_I_die

QPR NO MONEY

You have to spend to stay in the best league in the world!! What are they thinking? They are about to lose there best player and the DJ Campbell is not completed. I now fell they are the new favourites to go down

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/9054/5/exclusive-warnock-admits-qpr-set-spend-%C2%A3125m-or-less-summer

QPR boss Neil Warnock has told talkSPORT he’s surprised by the lack of transfer funds given to him his summer – but is still confident he’ll have a squad equipped for Premier League survival.

Warnock was expected to be handed a substantial kitty by the club’s co-owner Flavio Briatore following Rangers'' promotion from the Championship but he has so far only been able to bring in free agents Jay Bothroyd and Kieron Dyer.

The Hoops boss has been given permission to mount a £1.25m move for DJ Campbell but, speaking to Goldstein and Cundy, Warnock revealed that is likely to be his only outlay this summer.

“They’ve made it clear to me we’ve got to try and get value for money, don’t spend transfer fees,” he said. “They’ve agreed to pay £1.25million for Campbell but I can’t see any other money changing hands, other than DJ Campbell, if I''m honest.

“I thought I’d have a few millions, if I’m honest. I was disappointed but it’s not the end of the world. It would have been nice to have money to spend but its just another one of those things in my managerial career where I have to show what I can do."

However, Warnock insists the strict transfer budget has not left him despondent and he is delighted with his two signings so far.

They’ve made it clear to me we’ve got to try and get value for money, don’t spend transfer fees

Neil Warnock

“I look at the players I''ve brought in, Bothroyd and Dyer, and if I can get three or four more players of that quality, I''ll be more than happy," he added.

"I’m not despondent. I’d love money, every manager wants money. But it''s not all doom and gloom."

Warnock also admitted Adel Taarabt may not be at Loftus Road for the new season, with PSG registering their interest in the Moroccan playmaker.

"PSG are very interested but Flavio is dealing with all the transfers," he continued. "He’s speaking to PSG and I’ve just left it to him.

"I’ve got enough of a job in my hands to bring players in. I’m working hard to bring players in to give Rangers fans a chance, because that’s all we want."

Sorry

You have to spend to stay in the best league in the world!! What are they thinking? They are about to lose their best player and the deal with DJ Campbell is not completed. I now feel they r the new favourites to go down!!!

I would be gutted to be a qpr fan if they are looking at more players with the quality of bothroyd and dyer.

On their day they can be great players but one has been injured for a while and the other hasnt attracted enough interest over the last couple of seasons for someone to offer money for him.

Dj is another interesting one.

The biggest thing for me though is that he is a known quantity at prem level now. where as again we will have a reletively un known squad. i really do think we could surprise a few teams.

DJ Campbell is a pretty decent signing for £1.25million. If we weren''t well equipped in attack already, he''s one I''d be looking at.

However, I said it way before last season ended, and I''ll stand by it now - QPR will finish rock bottom next season by a considerable distance.

I think he was the second highest English goalscorer behind Bent last year?

Brillliant signing for £1.25m.

I''d be very worried if I was a QPR fan, thank god we are run by people we can trust!

1 Dimitar Berbatov Man Utd 20

2 Carlos Tevez Manchester City 20

3 Robin van Persie Arsenal 18

4 Darren Bent Aston Villa 17

5 Peter Odemwingie WBA 15

6 Dudley Campbell Blackpool 13

Good value for money yes, but remember he was playing the most attacking team in the country. You would expect 10+ prem goals from any striker in that setup.

[quote user="holt_till_I_die"]1 Dimitar Berbatov Man Utd 20 2 Carlos Tevez Manchester City 20 3 Robin van Persie Arsenal 18 4 Darren Bent Aston Villa 17 5 Peter Odemwingie WBA 15 6 Dudley Campbell Blackpool 13[/quote]

I''m surprised Odemwingie is still at West Brom

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Good value for money yes, but remember he was playing the most attacking team in the country. You would expect 10+ prem goals from any striker in that setup.[/quote]

Even Cody?[:O]

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Good value for money yes, but remember he was playing the most attacking team in the country. You would expect 10+ prem goals from any striker in that setup.[/quote]So why didn''t any of their other strikers get 10+?[*-)]