Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Clinghan to Leeds?

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]They need someone to cover the hole left by Johnson and he fits the mould, makes a lot of sense really[/quote]It''s more the loss of Neil Kilkenny that they''ll be looking to cover for, and in Sammy Clingan they couldn''t hope for a more like for like replacement in my opinion.Makes absolute sense.

[quote user="barclaystand"]It could have been you, it could have been you. Oh Sammy Clingan, it could have been you![/quote]beat me to it!he is leaving a side who will be in a relegation battle to join a 3rd rate side who will blow it spectacularly yet again..... he really must sit there sometimes and think "it could''a been me" too.

There are so many teams in the Championship this season who could do it.

I think it''s going to be harder then ever to predict. Apologies as pretty off topic but my point is, Leeds who were a strong outfit last season I think could find themselves down there.

With Brighton, Forest, Leicester, Blackpool, Middlesborough, Birmingham, West Ham, Reading, and a couple of surprise packages. I think Derby will be, after losing two regulars Leeds could find themselves down there,

I definitely see Brighton doing well. Good young manager, new stadium, couple of very good signings.

I think they will do well.

I think Burnley will also do well and Birmingham.

I think as I think someone else posted, it may actually be easier to stay up in the Prem than it would be to get promoted into it this season.

Without trying to sound negative, we couldn''t have really wished for an easier Championship season last year. No "big" teams came down spending millions, no other sides were really throwing money around, only QPR and Swansea were really decent sides.

This year you have Leicester spending millions, West Ham spending millions on wages, Birmingham still have a lot of decent players, Brighton and Saints are much better sides than Scunthorpe and Preston were and Reading, Leeds, Cardiff, etc all have decent enough teams.

Thank fock we''re not still in it.

I definitely agree with that, I think this is the strongest the Championship has ever been.

I think it is really closing the gap on the Prem, arguably three estabilished Prem managers in there, Allardyce, Mclaren, Hughton. Two former England managers in McLaren and Eriksson.

I wouldn''t be surprised to see Leeds perishing around mid to lower table come January resulting in Snodgrss demanding a move and leaving for less than the amount bid for him this summer!

Forgot about Forest tbf.

I think it’s a sign of where we’ve been the last 10 years that Forest, Leeds, Reading , Burnley, etc fill me with more fear than Bolton or Wigan.

Lambert timed it well. Although I feel we have players who are exciting young players. Hopefully with a year in the Prem and worst comes to worse and we are relegated. We either have brilliant young talent on our hands to compete in the Championship or we are making big profit on players on the back end of a good Premier league season for some individuals which means financially we can compete.

[quote user="barclaystand"]It could have been you, it could have been you. Oh Sammy Clingan, it could have been you!
[/quote]

I wonder if Wes felt a bit like that when Blackpool went up? I''m sure he''s not losing any sleep over his move here now though :o)

[quote user="Larry David"]Forgot about Forest tbf. I think it’s a sign of where we’ve been the last 10 years that Forest, Leeds, Reading , Burnley, etc fill me with more fear than Bolton or Wigan.[/quote]

Unless they sort themselves out then you might as well forget about Forest. The club is in a bit of a crisis this summer after losing 9 players and only bringing in one, McLaren hasn''t even travelled to Portugal with his team as he is too worried about what is going on behind the scenes with regards to bringing players in.

[quote user="alysha"]

Unless they sort themselves out then you might as well forget about Forest. The club is in a bit of a crisis this summer after losing 9 players and only bringing in one, McLaren hasn''t even travelled to Portugal with his team as he is too worried about what is going on behind the scenes with regards to bringing players in.

[/quote]

Even with losing 9 players I would still say they have a strong team. They just need strength in depth.

They still have Camp, Cohen, Gunter, Blackstock, Tudgay, Majewski.
I wouldn''t call that a crisis, although I read you live in Nottingham, you probably know more of the in''s and out''s. 

Blackstock is still injured, Tudgay is apprently ''hit and miss'' and fans opinions of Majewski isn''t as high nowadays. They still haven''t got a left back or natural left winger, have lost Earnshaw and may lose Moussi, as well as the squad numbers they have to replace. A lot fans were unhappy at the sacking of Davies as they believed the problem is with the Board, they now have McLaren and he to is becoming concerned at lack of transfer activity. Like you, I think if they add they will be a threat, but Forest is a very unhappy club at the moment.

I think Leicester will walk the Championship next season, they have been spending like an established Premiership side! Birmingham, Wet Spam and Blackpool will have the atmosphere of relegation and failure to contend with. Can see Portsmouth and Burnley up there though...

But who cares..We are Premiership!

[quote user="barclaystand"]It could have been you, it could have been you. Oh Sammy Clingan, it could have been you![/quote]

I was about to put this! Haha. Epic.

Personally I don''t think It will be any more competitive then it was last year, the teams that have come down are losing key players where as pompey, burnley and hull kept loads of quality players. The teams coming out of league 1 won''t be as competitive as Norwich, millwall and Leeds, although southampton could be ones to watch out for. Leicester could well be this seasons boro. I think palace are certs for the drop along with possibly doncaster and ipswich will really struggle this year with a leaky defence and a very poor strike force.