Sign in to follow this  
militantcanary

Our players out of contract

i have just had a look at the squad profiles and out of a squad of 36 which is too many by 6 or 7 18 are of of contract in 2012!!

i know we have a bit of a policy of running contracts down before offering new ones but that is an incredible figure. Of the 18 I would only give new contracts to Whitbread, Ward, K Smith and possibly Francomb.

It just shows how much deadwood we have got.

Ok may have been harsh on the two goalkeeper, would keep them if them develop this year. Fox is also worth another contract

Full 18

Rudd,Steer, Dawkin, Ball, Daley, Wilbraham, McDonald, Adeyemi, Fox, K Smith, Francomb, Whitbread, Ward, Johnson, Hughes, S Smith, Tudor-Jones, McNamee

Only 4 definate keepers there Fox, Whitbread ,Ward and K Smith. Rudd and Steer have a bit to do, Adeyemi and Francomb q a bit, Dawkin and Ball a huge amount and the rest should go now.

I have never known as have so many out of contract with a year to go before, our transfers out is absoulutely tiny under Paul Lambert, I think its less than 10 in 2 years. Is that loyalty of because players are harder to get rid of, probably a bit of both

Out of those lot contracts for; Rudd, Steer, Dawkin, Ball, adyemi, Fox, k.Smith, Francomb, Whitbread, Ward,

Why have Francomb, Adeyemi, Steer and Rudd got a lot to prove? They are all very young and by all accounts very handy young players.Korey, Fox, Whitbread, Ward, Dawkin, Ball and the 4 mentioned above should all get an extension.

You''re right to a degree, they didn''t have so much to prove when we were League 1 and Championship but hopefully they will need to justify being in a Premiership squad which means that they will need to step up a level. None of them have yet shown themselves to be real prospects for us though Rudd is not far off in his 10 or so appearances

[quote user="jamesg"]Ok may have been harsh on the two goalkeeper, would keep them if them develop this year. Fox is also worth another contract Full 18 Rudd,Steer, Dawkin, Ball, Daley, Wilbraham, McDonald, Adeyemi, Fox, K Smith, Francomb, Whitbread, Ward, Johnson, Hughes, S Smith, Tudor-Jones, McNamee Only 4 definate keepers there Fox, Whitbread ,Ward and K Smith. Rudd and Steer have a bit to do, Adeyemi and Francomb q a bit, Dawkin and Ball a huge amount and the rest should go now. I have never known as have so many out of contract with a year to go before, our transfers out is absoulutely tiny under Paul Lambert, I think its less than 10 in 2 years. Is that loyalty of because players are harder to get rid of, probably a bit of both[/quote]

You are actually being quite harsh on the youngsters but then again it''s quite obvious that you have watched the likes of Adeyemi, Francomb, Dawkin and Ball quite a bit. When you last discussed them with Lambert what did he think of your analysis?

Rudd, Steer - good young keepers (both senses of the word)

Daley - at 21 he''s getting to that ''make or break'' point.

Adeyemi, Dawkin, Ball, Francomb - all out on loan with new deals depending on success

Fox, K Smith, Whitbread, Ward - all get new deals

Wilbraham - played and scored today (might get a new deal)

The rest will all likely be sold

McDonald, Johnson, Hughes, S Smith, Tudor-Jones, McNamee

Typically we have given 3 year contracts, where perhaps 4 have been given before. Some players have been rewarded with extra contracts, that have served the club well and also they would potentially yield a fee if sold. For instance Holt extended, but more a case in point is Lappin. He will find it increasingly difficult to be a first team started I would imagine, but at the same time has served us well and the club has given itself another option by extending his contract.

I also believe the shorter deals are a sign of ambition, and serve to keep the players on their toes.