Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Norwich City vs Gorleston Match Thread

Finally some football!Starting team: Rudd, Francomb, Whitbread, De Laet, Tierney, Adeyemi, Fox, Hoolahan, K Smith, C Martin, G Holt.Very strong team - should make light work of Gorleston.How is everyone? [:)]

that is a strong team I presume we will be playing like this:

Rudd

Francomb   Whitbread   De Laet   Tierney

Fox 

Adeyemi      K.Smith

Hoolahan

Holt   Martin

Diamond formation.

Lappin, Drury, Hughes, Pilkington (still on come-back) and Steven Smith only players missing from the squad. Other than Pilks, does anyone think the rest might be on the way out? Would also explain our interest in Illunga if Lambert is planning on letting Lappin and Drury go (cover/competition for Left back).

[quote user="birchfest"]Who is on the bench?

[/quote]

Morison, Jackson, Dawkin and Ball.

A lot of fringe/youngsters in there, seems Lambert wants to have a look at them before making any decisions.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Lappin, Drury, Hughes, Pilkington (still on come-back) and Steven Smith only players missing from the squad. Other than Pilks, does anyone think the rest might be on the way out? Would also explain our interest in Illunga if Lambert is planning on letting Lappin and Drury go (cover/competition for Left back).[/quote]

I thought the same but could just be a couple of pre-season knocks. Be surprised if he dumped Lappin, even though he''s not PL quality, a good guy to have around.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="birchfest"]Who is on the bench?

[/quote]

Ignore that ^^^^^^^ , duff info.

A lot of fringe/youngsters in there, seems Lambert wants to have a look at them before making any decisions.

[/quote]

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"][quote user="Excited Canary"]Lappin, Drury, Hughes, Pilkington (still on come-back) and Steven Smith only players missing from the squad. Other than Pilks, does anyone think the rest might be on the way out? Would also explain our interest in Illunga if Lambert is planning on letting Lappin and Drury go (cover/competition for Left back).
[/quote] I thought the same but could just be a couple of pre-season knocks. Be surprised if he dumped Lappin, even though he''s not PL quality, a good guy to have around.[/quote]

Be surprised if he let Drury go to. Premier League experience even if he doesn''t play much he''s got that experience to help the others out.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="birchfest"]Who is on the bench?[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]Was gunna say abit odd with no Bennett, Johnson or Vaughan! Im interested to see if Cody will get a run out if he is there, I still think that he features in Lamberts plans, especailly now we have regular reserve football to keep him and other fringe players playing.

[quote user="birchfest"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="birchfest"]Who is on the bench?[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]Was gunna say abit odd with no Bennett, Johnson or Vaughan! Im interested to see if Cody will get a run out if he is there, I still think that he features in Lamberts plans, especailly now we have regular reserve football to keep him and other fringe players playing. [/quote]According to Michael Bailey on Twitter they are the only four subs.

Our cleaner at work claims to have met Tierney at a Bookies on the Larkman during the week. During their conversation Tierney apparantly said that Drury had picked up an injury in training but should be fit for the start of the season so that might be why he''s not there.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]Where''s everyone following the progress of this match? Twitter?
[/quote]

Yes pal @NorwichCityFC

Great to have Football back again, strong team as expected, slightly surprised to see Chris Martin in there, good luck to him hope he does well.

5-0 I''m predicting, OTBC!!!

By the way, There is a reporter doing updates for Sky Sports news!!! so all good

Looking forward to winning the Lottery tonight...

pinkun

Stuart Jarrold missed the goal on SSN and a fan had to tell him who scored lol

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Wizard"][quote user="birchfest"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="birchfest"]Who is on the bench?

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Was gunna say abit odd with no Bennett, Johnson or Vaughan!

Im interested to see if Cody will get a run out if he is there, I still think that he features in Lamberts plans, especailly now we have regular reserve football to keep him and other fringe players playing.
[/quote]
According to Michael Bailey on Twitter they are the only four subs.
[/quote]

Yeah, I''m confused myself, but from the horse''s mouth;

Norwich City FC

Subs : Morison, Jackson, Dawkin, Ball.

Chrissy Martin and Holt off for Morrison and Jackson.