Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Own up... who won £161 million on the euro lottery?

I guess you probably wont be posting on here if you had? but someone in the UK has! I think if i won i''d supply money to build a new stand and have a seat in it for life... its nice to have a day dream..What if anything would you donate to NCFC?

If I had won the £161m I would have paid for the upper tier on the Main Stand on the proviso it didn''t affect the snakepit and I would retain my seat in there for life. [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/icon_celebrate.gif[/IMG]

I would put money into the club via a share issue to build an upper tier on the condition that a fan be allowed onto the board. I wouldn''t take that seat as to be honest between games I would be too busy travelling around the world.

Then I would also hire out a box in the Jarrold and donate it to EACH.

Davo

I don''t think I''d give anything to club just yet. I''d invest the money in property, but keep £30m aside with a view to buying the club if things ever get bad again. I''d save the club if it needed it, like Geoffrey Watling, but hold fire until it did. I''d want ownership though so I''d buy a small club like Kings Lynn to learn the ropes, whilst still supporting Norfolk football.

I''d buy an away season ticket, buy 2/3 boxes and give them to charities, changing each game FOC!

Buy shares, buy a comfy seeat, and a seat sticker! and a canary square!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]If I won, I''d have replaced my seat with a throne, and had a butler with me at games.

"Jeeves!  My gold-plated matchday programme.  Chop chop!"
[/quote]

[y]

I''d obviously put a decent amount of money into NCFC but I''d also spend some on having some fun messing about with those paupers down the A140.....Now with that sort of money you could buy ITFC then just shut it down, but that wouldn''t be enough fun and there''s no way on earth that I''d put a penny into that scummy club, not even to shut it. What I''d do is far more cunning.As we all know in these recession hit times our councils have to do all they can to cut costs and create revenue to keep local services running etc. We also know that ITFC don''t own their ground but rent it from the council.What I would do is to set up a property investment company and then make Ipswich Town Council an offer they couldn''t refuse to buy Poorman Road from them. I''m sure they''d sell as it would be in the best interest of the taxpayers.Then as the landlord I''d evict ITFC so they''d have to find somewhere else to play, or hopefully fold. Then I''d knock down that tired old ground, redevelop the site as housing and get my money back!How does that sound for a cunning plan?

I would pay to have the City stand knocked down and a mirror image of the jarrold built, double tier connecting the N & P but then a single tired monster sized snake pit, which would probably be another 500 seat bigger than its current state if it was to correlate with the new stand! 27, 000 at the moment, I recon that we could get close to about 32/33,000 with the stand expansion and thus very close to the Mcnalley self sufficant 35,000.Ive often dreamt about winning big and how much Id throw at Norwich, its only recently that I realised that putting it into the transfer pot wouldnt be as worthy as making the club self sustaining for the long term.

I was SO close, damn annoying.

If only I had bought a ticket..

I would have to buy that dreadful hotel and then demolish it so i could give the land back to norwich city and pay for a corner infill

The main area I would concentrate on would be clearing the club''s debt. Ensuring there will always be a club in the future for fans would be a terrific legacy.

Turns out the winners are a couple from Falkirk, so I don''t expect anything will be coming NCFC''s way!

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]I''d bring Neymar to Norwich (and Lukaku).
[/quote]

OK hold my hands up I can''t tell a lie, It''s not me.

I just wouldn''t know what to do with all that! Haha. You''d be sorted for like, that''s for sure!

I would donate some to Norwich City, yes.

Typical Jock, no patriotism:

EuroMillions jackpot winner Colin Weir has already identified football as his top priority for spending his £161m fortune - but instead of splashing out to buy local club Partick Thistle, he''s going to invest in a luxury box at Barcelona.

The winners are well obese probably due to stuffing their faces three times a week at the chippy. Not only that they are incredibly stupid by going public, apparently there are hundreds of begging letters waiting for them when they return from Spain and a police van is already patrolling their area.

[quote user="Canarino"]Turns out the winners are a couple from Falkirk, so I don''t expect anything will be coming NCFC''s way![/quote]

Didn''t Argentina invade Falkirk in 1982....?

[quote user="Herman "]Nothing like feeling happy for people[:S][/quote]

I don''t begrudge them the money, I just doubt their sanity.

They both have ill-health according to the reports, the lady worked for 37 years as a psychiatric nurse so she''s earned her retirement IMO. No idea why people opt to go public, I assume the pressure to do so from the lottery organisers must be intense. However, not everyone crumbles - I read that the last big winner stayed anonymous. It would probably come out in time in your local community, but at least you wouldn''t be subjected to the world and his wife asking you for money.

[quote user="Canarino"]They both have ill-health according to the reports, the lady worked for 37 years as a psychiatric nurse so she''s earned her retirement IMO. No idea why people opt to go public, I assume the pressure to do so from the lottery organisers must be intense. However, not everyone crumbles - I read that the last big winner stayed anonymous. It would probably come out in time in your local community, but at least you wouldn''t be subjected to the world and his wife asking you for money.[/quote]

I think the begging letters are the least of their worries, if someone is willing to pull a knife or gun on someone for a mobile phone....

It would definitely be rude not to put some of a £161 million jackpot win into building the new City Stand, then letting my ego run amok by naming it after myself and ensuring a TV view comfy padded seat for life. Of course a place on the board would also be essential. As would a VVIP bar in the stand with waitresses who look like Lucy Pinder. No actual Lucy Pinder and her friends!