Sign in to follow this  
Feel The Force

QPR can't sign anyone...

Just seen Warnock on SPN and they''ve not signed anyone. He''s got Danny Webber on trial and that''s it. He mentioned they missed out on CMS and Morrison and that Taarabt will probably be leaving. Doesn''t sound to good to me. Compare that to the 6 signings we''ve made all in time for our trip to Germany for team bonding and surely we''re in much better shape for the start of the season. In Herr Lambert we trust!

Who cares unless its part of a general discussion about which three teams will be at the bottom of the table at the end of the season and my suggestions are: QPR, Wigan and West Brom.

I expect Norwich to finish in the top half of the table and I have put money where my mouth is but to continue to be successful I think we need another 8,000 seats at Carrow and we can do that by building a second tier on the City Stand. There after success will only continue with a new ground built on the South side of the City to hold 55,000.

The plans need to be laid now.. I always remember Colin Chapman having a 50 year plan for Lotus and we need a twenty year plan for NCFC. at least.Hopefully our Chairman has the experiance and ability to lay such a plan.

"There after success will only continue with a new ground built on the South side of the City to hold 55,000"

heretic !

Bothroyd has undergone a medical at QPR according to SkySports. Decent signing, but would totally disrupt our team spirit - arrogant & on high wages!

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Bothroyd has undergone a medical at QPR according to SkySports. Decent signing, but would totally disrupt our team spirit - arrogant & on high wages!
[/quote]

Just what I was thinking. QPR fans seem to think they have pulled off a great signing, but after Bothroyd got his England call up he was never really the same player for Cardiff which says a lot about his attitude; add that to reports of him being arrogant and sulking etc. this signing doesn''t appear as good as it may initially seem. On the other hand QPR like these sorts of players, Bothroyd should get on well with Taarabt, that''s if they can keep hold of him anyway!...

[quote user="Bobert"]

Who cares unless its part of a general discussion about which three teams will be at the bottom of the table at the end of the season and my suggestions are: QPR, Wigan and West Brom.

I expect Norwich to finish in the top half of the table and I have put money where my mouth is but to continue to be successful I think we need another 8,000 seats at Carrow and we can do that by building a second tier on the City Stand. There after success will only continue with a new ground built on the South side of the City to hold 55,000.

The plans need to be laid now.. I always remember Colin Chapman having a 50 year plan for Lotus and we need a twenty year plan for NCFC. at least.Hopefully our Chairman has the experiance and ability to lay such a plan.

[/quote]I doubt we would ever fill a 35k seater on a regular basis. There have only been 21 occasions when we have exceeded that figure in our entire history and most of those were 40-50 years ago.In fact the last gate over 35k was in 1975.As for 55k, it will never happen. Only 4 gates have ever exceeded 40K. I would say a 40k stadium would be more than adequate for our needs into the forseeable future.

Blimey Bobert sounds like you''ve got a 20 year plan. What next, the world! And actually I do care what the other promoted sides are doing in the transfer market it''s called frame of reference.

Jimmy Bullard will also be signing for them in the not to distant future as long as he can pass a medical.It is still very early in the transfer window and most teams haven''t signed anyone yet - just because Lambert and Norwich have started off at a sprint doesn''t mean we''ll end up winning the "signing marathon".

But you''re missing the point. We used to be the ones sitting around and waiting until August for players to sign. PL has got on with it and not only prevented other clubs from signing the like of Morrison but has pretty much got his squad in place before preseason starts. Bet he''ll have his towel out on the sun lounger before anyone else as well!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

I doubt we would ever fill a 35k seater on a regular basis. There have only been 21 occasions when we have exceeded that figure in our entire history and most of those were 40-50 years ago.In fact the last gate over 35k was in 1975.

As for 55k, it will never happen. Only 4 gates have ever exceeded 40K. I would say a 40k stadium would be more than adequate for our needs into the forseeable future.
[/quote]

I''m not sure that your argument holds water when talking about our big attendances being many years ago. Its been many years that we have been limited to around 25k. There have been games since when we would possibly have beaten those old records had the seats been available. Would you think the Bayern game may have been our biggest attended game ever if people could have got in? Maybe, maybe not. But in recent years our season ticket sales have grown and grown breaking records for us nearly every year. That suggests that supporting our club is probably more popular than ever. The population of Norwich has also grown massively since those old records were set. I have no idea how many fans would attend regularly but I don''t think 55k is a total dream, and certainly not based on the argument of attendance records having been set in ''the olden days''.

[quote user="General Melchett"]But you''re missing the point. We used to be the ones sitting around and waiting until August for players to sign. PL has got on with it and not only prevented other clubs from signing the like of Morrison but has pretty much got his squad in place before preseason starts. Bet he''ll have his towel out on the sun lounger before anyone else as well![/quote]There are pluses and minuses to spending all your transfer budget early - if Redknapp had done the same last year then he would never have got van der Vaart. Players will become available towards the end of the window as other deals go through, get everything done too early and you can miss out on these deals.  It''s great to have all the players in for all pre-season though and it will hopefully mean we can get off the ground running when other teams are still working out there best 11 and formation.

[quote user="General Melchett"]But you''re missing the point. We used to be the ones sitting around and waiting until August for players to sign. PL has got on with it and not only prevented other clubs from signing the like of Morrison but has pretty much got his squad in place before preseason starts. Bet he''ll have his towel out on the sun lounger before anyone else as well![/quote]There are pluses and minuses to spending all your transfer budget early - if Redknapp had done the same last year then he would never have got van der Vaart. Players will become available towards the end of the window as other deals go through, get everything done too early and you can miss out on these deals.  It''s great to have all the players in for all pre-season though and it will hopefully mean we can get off the ground running when other teams are still working out there best 11 and formation.

[/quote]I doubt we would ever fill a 35k seater on a regular basis. There have only been 21 occasions when we have exceeded that figure in our entire history and most of those were 40-50 years ago.In fact the last gate over 35k was in 1975.As for 55k, it will never happen. Only 4 gates have ever exceeded 40K. I would say a 40k stadium would be more than adequate for our needs into the forseeable future.[/quote]Not quite true, would I be right in saying that we took around 40,000 to Cardiff?

Lambert has already considered holding money back for Jan so arguments about players becoming available are void. Far better to do your deals sooner rather than later. On the whole very positive but the thought the 4 cbs we have are up to the task leaves me a little queasy.

[quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]Why the hell would we want to spend £20 million turning Carrow Road into a 40000 seater, only to knock it all down and move? Part of the reason that our gates are so good is the location of the ground near to the train station, I''d rather keep the 40000 with an atmosphere than move to some souless identikit stadium outside of the city, thanks but no thanks.We already have one of the very few grounds left with character and atmosphere, I wouldn''t bother turning up if we had one of those god damn awful steel structures with a race track around it. Your complete wrong anyway, with this statement: "I think we need another 8,000 seats at Carrow and we can do that by building a second tier on the City Stand.". That IS what would be done, the club have said so, but the Jarrold Stand was also built to accommodate a second tier. You''d get 6000 from the city stand, 8000 from the Jarrold Stand, plus all three corners could then be extended / rebuilt to the level of the Barclay and Riverend. That''s probably 14000 more seats. If McNally is planning to squeeze another 1k in somehow, which it looks like he is doing already, then that''s a capacity of 42000. There is no way that we will need anymore than that. Even if we did need more, I''d rather see a big waiting list and Chelsea prices than a shite 21st century stadium.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]Why the hell would we want to spend £20 million turning Carrow Road into a 40000 seater, only to knock it all down and move? Part of the reason that our gates are so good is the location of the ground near to the train station, I''d rather keep the 40000 with an atmosphere than move to some souless identikit stadium outside of the city, thanks but no thanks.We already have one of the very few grounds left with character and atmosphere, I wouldn''t bother turning up if we had one of those god damn awful steel structures with a race track around it. Your complete wrong anyway, with this statement: "I think we need another 8,000 seats at Carrow and we can do that by building a second tier on the City Stand.". That IS what would be done, the club have said so, but the Jarrold Stand was also built to accommodate a second tier. You''d get 6000 from the city stand, 8000 from the Jarrold Stand, plus all three corners could then be extended / rebuilt to the level of the Barclay and Riverend. That''s probably 14000 more seats. If McNally is planning to squeeze another 1k in somehow, which it looks like he is doing already, then that''s a capacity of 42000. There is no way that we will need anymore than that. Even if we did need more, I''d rather see a big waiting list and Chelsea prices than a shite 21st century stadium.

[/quote]In fact I think its £20m for one of the stands, probably £40m for both. Let''s build £40m worth of structures and then knock them down in 20 years to sell a plot to a property developer, great business sense that is Einstein. Why doesn''t every club think of that?

[/quote]I doubt we would ever fill a 35k seater on a regular basis. There have only been 21 occasions when we have exceeded that figure in our entire history and most of those were 40-50 years ago.In fact the last gate over 35k was in 1975.As for 55k, it will never happen. Only 4 gates have ever exceeded 40K. I would say a 40k stadium would be more than adequate for our needs into the forseeable future.[/quote]

You failed to take into account all the intrnational fans, who will fly over on a regular basis just to see City playing live after winning CL for the third time in a row!

[/quote]I doubt we would ever fill a 35k seater on a regular basis. There have only been 21 occasions when we have exceeded that figure in our entire history and most of those were 40-50 years ago.In fact the last gate over 35k was in 1975.As for 55k, it will never happen. Only 4 gates have ever exceeded 40K. I would say a 40k stadium would be more than adequate for our needs into the forseeable future.[/quote]

You failed to take into account all the intrnational fans, who will fly over on a regular basis just to see City playing live after winning CL for the third time in a row!

With regards the stadium expansion, I remember some years ago Doomy talking about extending the City Stand over and across Carrow Road, effectively creating a tunnel for the road to go under, with the stand above.  What that immediately brings to mind is whether or not the existing stand is capable of carrying such a change, structurally?

Also, with the Jarrold Stand a scope for expansion there, the question has to be asked what would happen with the land behind? Pretty much everything from the car park backwards is going to be developed into social housing, with the plan being to build the houses right up to the boundary, so there''d be issues with that too.

As much as I hate the thought of moving from Carrow Road, I wonder if the practical implications now make it difficult to expand the existing stadium enough to accommodate regular PL football, should that come to pass...

[quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

I sourced and posted the blueprints for the 58,000 expansion of Carrow Road about a fortnight ago lid. Keep up!

[quote user="mikewalker"][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

I sourced and posted the blueprints for the 58,000 expansion of Carrow Road about a fortnight ago lid. Keep up!

[/quote]

No, you posted a piece of crap that you knocked up in some 3D graphics package.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="mikewalker"][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, you posted a piece of crap that you knocked up in some 3D graphics package.

[/quote]

I love you.

Don''t ever change.

We need to be very careful about major investment in stadium expansion. People may not agree but i think it''s pretty obvious that we''re already not that far from the maximum gates we can expect to get. If you remember pretty much all last season it was possible for casual tickets to be picked up even for big games like Cardiff and Forest. That suggests to me that we''re pretty close to the ''sweet spot'' of demand and revenue at the current capacity and ticket price in the Champ. If we had a 40,000 stadium tomorrow i don''t believe we''d fill it in the chapionship. What we are yet to see is what the appetite will be for premier league games at PL ticket prices and with the extra TV coverage.  The PL is not a free ticket to a full stadium at any capacity. You only need to look at many of the clubs there last season to know that. If anything, the competitiveness of the Championship allied to the comparative paucity of TV coverage is a recipe for fuller stadiums than in the Prem. There''s room for expansion at CR certainly, and i think another 8k is about right. I think McNally has said that 35k is the minimum required to sustain us in the Prem and i think that''s probably achievable. But 55k is just silly talk.

[quote user="a1canary"]We need to be very careful about major investment in stadium expansion. People may not agree but i think it''s pretty obvious that we''re already not that far from the maximum gates we can expect to get. If you remember pretty much all last season it was possible for casual tickets to be picked up even for big games like Cardiff and Forest. That suggests to me that we''re pretty close to the ''sweet spot'' of demand and revenue at the current capacity and ticket price in the Champ. If we had a 40,000 stadium tomorrow i don''t believe we''d fill it in the chapionship. What we are yet to see is what the appetite will be for premier league games at PL ticket prices and with the extra TV coverage.  The PL is not a free ticket to a full stadium at any capacity. You only need to look at many of the clubs there last season to know that. If anything, the competitiveness of the Championship allied to the comparative paucity of TV coverage is a recipe for fuller stadiums than in the Prem. There''s room for expansion at CR certainly, and i think another 8k is about right. I think McNally has said that 35k is the minimum required to sustain us in the Prem and i think that''s probably achievable. But 55k is just silly talk.
[/quote]

agree with all of that

[quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

Bobert, What odds did you get? as looking to put a few quid on a top 10 finish also.

It would be worth it for the times say against Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, etc where we attract a large number of non ncfc fans who just want to see Premier League teams for the first time.