Sign in to follow this  
Aurelius

The starting XI for the Premier League debut

Hi mates, do you have an idea about the new squad? think that all the 6 new signigns will be in the starting XI?

Which do you think will be our formation for the our 1st game in the PL?

I don''t think even PL knows what his starting line-up and formation is at the moment but there is a slim chance that all six signings could start although that would anger a few on here as it would mean dropping GH, Wes and Jackson.

I think the starting 11 won''t be too disimilar to what ended the last subject to injuries, form and fitness.

I think Lambert has hinted that they all deserve a chance but there are no guarentees.

[quote user="Rob Sims"]I think the starting 11 won''t be too disimilar to what ended the last subject to injuries, form and fitness. I think Lambert has hinted that they all deserve a chance but there are no guarentees.[/quote]

I think that ''chance'' will not be played out in the PL but in pre-season. I expect to see two of the new guys in the starting eleven if we play the diamond, more than two if we play a more conventional formation.

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]Thats what pre-season is for :)[/quote]

Indeed, but some think that the squad that finished last season should start this irrespective.

Purely on performances from Gorleston I''d go:

Ruddy

Martin Barnett Whitbread De Laet

Fox

Crofts Johnson

Hoolahan

Jackson Holt

Subs

Rudd

Ward

Surman

Vaughan

Morisson

Bennett

Smith

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]I don''t think even PL knows what his starting line-up and formation is at the moment but there is a slim chance that all six signings could start although that would anger a few on here as it would mean dropping GH, Wes and Jackson.[/quote]

I can''t see him starting without Holt and Wes at Wigan. They are tailor-made for that game, which will be open and attacking and Wigan will be weakened by impending sales of N''Zogbia and Rodallega. I doubt that Jackson will start as Vaughan has Prem experience, so he would be favoured IMO. Of course it would also depend on who is fit, as I''d be surprised if we are not missing at least one key player for one reason or another.  This will be our best chance of getting 3 points all season and could well define what happens thereon.  If we win this, then I can see us beating Stoke also.

I didn''t say irrespective but i think you''ll see at least 7 of the team that started against coventry.

Ruddy, Martin, Whitbread, Tierney, Crofts, Hoolahan, Holt.

I expect Barnett to be back in and probably

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Purely on performances from Gorleston I''d go:

Ruddy

Martin Barnett Whitbread De Laet

Fox

Crofts Johnson

Hoolahan

Jackson Holt

Subs

Rudd

Ward

Surman

Vaughan

Morisson

Bennett

Smith[/quote]

I tend to agree.

In the 4-3-1-2 formation, howewer, there is no room for a real winger like Pilkington.

In my opinion, we''ll either play with a man in the hole (Wes) or on the wing (Plkington), and I''m not sure that we could afford to play without wingers.