Sign in to follow this  
Ncfc26

David Fox

Anybody else think he was by far and away the best player on the pitch yesterday and when he went off we just couldnt penetrate the gorleston defence he was passing with so much ease and exactly on target

"we just couldnt penetrate the gorleston defence "

...that didnt strike me as a problem yesterday afternoon?!?. The reason why we didnt rack up as many goals in the 2nd half as the 1st was through some erratic finishing.

I think Fox has got a massive season ahead of him and could well become one of our most talked about players externally, can certainly pick a pass....  what a steal we got him for too!

I''m a massive fan of Fox, I think he can be a key player for us this season - his passing range is nothing short of brilliant - our first clean passer of the ball for a long, long time. And I think the Premier League will suit his style of football well. Agree with Birchfest, what a steal!

[quote user="kellybrook"]"we just couldnt penetrate the gorleston defence "Just think about what you have written.[/quote]Exactly, it would have been 14-0 if Cody had been playing.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

"we just couldnt penetrate the gorleston defence "

...that didnt strike me as a problem yesterday afternoon?!?. The reason why we didnt rack up as many goals in the 2nd half as the 1st was through some errotic finishing.

[/quote]

[:O]

Hope we sort out the ''errotic'' finishing in pre-season or else we will be the laughing stock !

Fox had a superb end to the season and his form and fresh-ish legs played a huge part in us getting over the finishing line imo. Was a bit worried that with us signing so many midfielders he might be pushed to the periphery but he`s plenty good enough to be our first-choice midfielder.

[quote user="kellybrook"]"we just couldnt penetrate the gorleston defence "Just think about what you have written.[/quote]

Read the whole of the post before being sarcastic

Fox is the nearest to Chippy Crook we''ve had since he retired.  It''s an unsung hero type of position, but so important.  Fox is excellent!

I think Fox is a massive player for the side and probably the 2nd best midfielder we have (Hoolahan being 1st). I hope and think he will be given a chance in the Premiership, I actually think he will be a starter.

Oh David Fox,

Has lovely locks,

and really, really, yellow socks.

I''d like to kiss his hairy rocks,

Although I fear I''d catch the pox.

I wrote that, just now. That''s talent right there.

Fox is one of my favourite players, thought he was absolutely excellent last year and was sometimes underrated and unnoticed by our own fans. His passing range and calmness on the ball is natural, something many players dont have.

I think Fox will struggle next year, unless he improves his strength. Our defence will need a rock infront of them and for me crofts is more suited than fox from what I have currenty seen!

I can see us playing 4-2-3-1 on occassions so as to accommodate a strong defensive midfield and allow for counter-attacking football.

I agree with a number of comments here.

Always saw that position up for grabs up until February/ March. Then his passing range was more on show and he disctated play. At the time I thought for another championship season it could work, as long as we got a bit more grit along side him.

Now in the prem. I think he is lacking that defensive midfielders ability to have a great engine, to win over 70% of the 50-50''s that will be there. I can see him getting lost with his defensive duties. With the ball he could be very good, but it is the defensive duties that worry me.

But is it a massive worry, probably not as I think all our players have one or two weaknesses but they have all improved under Lambert of last season and the season before. Many are former league 1 players who have stepped up, lets see how they do with now the biggest step they will ever have.

I think Fox''s position would have been one I would have filled with an experienced midfielder from the prem. but as Lambert hasn''t then I am not going to worry. Johnson or Crofts can fill in that position. In fact towards the end of last season Lambert was taking Fox off for Crofts to play in that position.

With Lambert going about this transfer window the way he has, Fox will be stepping up and good luck to him. He deserves it on last years showing, we don''t expect loads of wins. Just a good attempt at staying up and really showing up for that third mini league in the prem. where we have to pick up points. Fox in the team can do that.