Sign in to follow this  
militantcanary

Transfers done for the time being

It looks like the transfers are done for the time being, and probably for the close season

Lambert is quoted over the weekend below

While the City boss has not ruled out more additions, he said he was satisfied that his current crop can cope in the top flight.

LAMBERT''S SUMMER SIGNINGS

Continue reading the main story

James Vaughan from Everton

Steve Morison from Millwall

Elliott Bennett from Brighton

Ritchie de Laet on loan from Man Utd

Bradley Johnson from Leeds

Anthony Pilkington from Huddersfield

"I won''t just buy someone for the sake of bringing them in," he explained.

"I''m delighted with the squad that''s here at the minute, if you can improve you try and do it.

"I''ve got six in, which is roughly the number I said we''d need, there might be room for manoeuvre somewhere along the line, but I''m delighted with the group.

"I think they know how big a task it is and how big the league is and we''ll do everything we can to stay in it."

The Canaries, who beat Gorleston 7-0 in a friendly on Saturday, will now head to Germany for a pre-season training camp.

"We''ll train as hard as we can and get everybody gelling together and get everybody fit," Lambert added.

I am happy with the squad depth which is the best in many years, but is the team particularly the defence ready to go now? Martin is up to it but I don''t think the rest may be, time will tell

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

There''s no way he has finished!

He has probably got two or three irons in the fire irrespective of what he says publically!

[/quote]

Completely agree. He''s just trying to put a cloud out that he isn''t desperate for a player and as such prevent any transfer costing more than it should. I believe there will be at least two more. Lambert''s probably given McNally a list to deal with whislt away in Germany.

You may be right but any 7th signing will either be done this week so can join the summer camp in Germany or will be done at the last week of the window when a bargain may came into view.

The Jackson signing was done this comparative week last year and was the last one, and I think the Manager works to quite a controlled timescale ie getting the players working towards the 1st game now with all the players he will have at his disposal

I think most people will agree we still need/like a quality center back and perhaps competion/cover for Ruddy so fingers crossed I still hope this will happen, either way I dont think we could have anyone better in charge who I really do believe will keep us in this league.

[quote user="Ernie"]I think most people will agree we still need/like a quality center back and perhaps competion/cover for Ruddy so fingers crossed I still hope this will happen, either way I dont think we could have anyone better in charge who I really do believe will keep us in this league.[/quote]

Betfair has a "Top Promoted Team" market. Current prices are QPR 1.02/1, Norwich 2.4/1 and Swansea 3.3/1. I know I am possibly biased but I think this is one of the best opportunities I have seen in a long time. All I can say is "fill yer boots"