Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

N+P Stand

Just heard that a fan is going to take a Drum in there to get the place singing... give him 5mins against Stoke before he is removed!!

A few years ago a drummer started in the Snake pit - until someone walked up, grabbed the drumsticks and threw them on the pitch.  The rest of the snake pit decided to sing:

"You can stick your f*ing drums sticks up your ...."

"Drummer give us a song, drummer, drummer give us a song"

and

"Can you hear the drummer sing.."

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Just heard that a fan is going to take a Drum in there to get the place singing... give him 5mins against Stoke before he is removed!![/quote]

I dont even give him 5 minutes...

[quote user="john"]what a load of crap chelmsford canary..go and support the scum[/quote]

Excuse me?

I''ve been there, and in all other parts of ground - the local cemetery has more live in it!

I sat there for Coventry game last season, and have two classic stories from the idiot we sat next to.

1. After Coventry took the lead we joked and said its ok - already up. Lighthearted humour. Bloke in question sitting next to us started having a go.."get behind the team". He spent more time having a go at us, he missed our equaliser.

2. Half way throug hsecond half, he said these words. "If Elliott Ward does not win POTS its a travesty" We noted it had already been given to Holt! He followed up with..its all about the glory boys.

First class moron!

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]Did you report him to a steward for saying "get behind the team",surely thats a ban in the N&P ?.[/quote]

Do they have stewards in N+P, is that to help to carry the blankets and bovril!!

i don''t mind if the N&P is a little quiet but that''s because

(i) i don''t sit there

(ii) they may not sing or stand but they still pay a decent amount of money to the club and

(iii) since Lambert has joined we have actually started scoring down the Barclay end every now and then!

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]lol would be funny to watch all the walking sticks waving in the air :).Sat in there many moons ago for a derby game,even then i got looked at funny singing along to OTBC,so hes got no chance.[/quote]

I''m sorry but that is just absolute bollocks.

Constant drumming comes second in scale of annoyance only to the dreaded vuvuzelas in my view. Definitely one way to free up a few season-tickets though. [:D]

I sit in the n+p and even though it is not the loudest stand it definately isnt as bad as it has been made out to be here and I dont know what everyone expects every ground in the world has a stand that doesnt sing

I stood near to the Stevenage drummer in the friendly last year.At first it is amusing but it wears thin really quickly.

5 mins is the maximum he will get,that''s if he can get it into the ground!

This has touched a nerve with me so i appologise if i offend any one BUT....

first off,you guys having a pop a full of s**t!!! FACT,I sit in the N & P and there are more fans around me under 40 than over,and most of us sing our fecking hearts out,maybe because we don''t try and chav it up like some of the hard nut wannabe''s in the other stands you have to keep having little pops at us, i am more than happy to sit where i sit,so kiss my swingers and p off!!!!!!!! Honestly just put more energy into supporting our football team and less into having a go at fellow paying supporters,aaarrrggghhhhhh!!!![:@]

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

first off,you guys having a pop a full of s**t!!! FACT,I sit in the N & P and there are more fans around me under 40 than over,and most of us sing our fecking hearts out,maybe because we don''t try and chav it up like some of the hard nut wannabe''s in the other stands you have to keep having little pops at us, i am more than happy to sit where i sit,so kiss my swingers and p off!!!!!!!! Honestly just put more energy into supporting our football team and less into having a go at fellow paying supporters,aaarrrggghhhhhh!!!![:@]

[/quote]

Few of my mates sit in the N+P and they would not change their seat, but they also mention that if they get up and sing or shout, get the death stares off them, but for you to say you all sing your fecking hearts out... that is a load of ole Boll**ks, because ive never heard a peep

Totally agree Phat, i like the N&P, rather sit there than fully off chavvy wanna be hard men in the snake pit or barclay.

We might not be the loudest but we don''t just sing crap songs over and over.

Do other clubs forums have this much backbiting and so many dick measuring contests?

I can tell you it is a fact that they do sing in the N&P, they do stand and sing OTBC.

We missed getting our tickets in the Jarrold (where we sing as well!) one game last season and got into the N&P and it was a great atmosphere, maybe not as constant as Barclayites like to think they are but then you can''t hear the Barclay from the N&P either!

Get over yourselves children and be happy supporting the team.

[quote user="zemas tendon"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

Few of my mates sit in the N+P and they would not change their seat, but they also mention that if they get up and sing or shout, get the death stares off them, but for you to say you all sing your fecking hearts out... that is a load of ole Boll**ks, because ive never heard a peep

[/quote]

Amazing how you can''t hear a peep yet i go home without a voice after most games,perhaps i''m just dreamimg all the singing i do, and the death stares your mates get are from who? 90% of the time when we start to sing most fans around me join in so i''m afraid it''s not Boll**cks at all!!!!!

Ruddy Wizzard,i''m no child, neither am i measuring anything,i''m standing up for myself and the fans around me who constantly take abuse from other fans for no reason other than we don''t sit with the big boys and Girls at the other end of the stadium,and i for one am just bloody sick of it!!!!

Phat and Paul (especially Paul) you''ve just done what you are complaining about, you are stereotyping fans in other areas of the ground, everyone has a reason why they sit in the area of the ground they sit in and calling people like myself who''s in the snakepit a chav just carries it on, there''s nothing wrong with sticking up for your area of the ground but don''t shoot yourself in the foot doing so.

[quote user="Harry"]Phat and Paul (especially Paul) you''ve just done what you are complaining about, you are stereotyping fans in other areas of the ground, everyone has a reason why they sit in the area of the ground they sit in and calling people like myself who''s in the snakepit a chav just carries it on, there''s nothing wrong with sticking up for your area of the ground but don''t shoot yourself in the foot doing so.[/quote]

Indeed your correct and i appologise for the Chavy remark but i''m still fed up with all the crap we take!!

Good for you Phatcanary, in that you sing/chant as my mates do, but my mates sit just to the side of goal in lower tier, and are getting constant moans stares, luckly there been there for twenty plus years and dont give two shinning shites, but it would be good if the rest of the tier would join in..

[quote user="Paul"]Totally agree Phat, i like the N&P, rather sit there than fully off chavvy wanna be hard men in the snake pit or barclay.

We might not be the loudest but we don''t just sing crap songs over and over.[/quote]

im no chavvy wannabe, but i am a hard man.. ill give u that one, & crap songs? these are the songs we sing to support our team if you hadnt of noticed... its ok though as long as ur happy

Oh dear![:$] its all gone a bit Pete Tong! Does it really matter who sings and who dont? I thought it was choice,but personally i dont care if the river end (N+P) sing or the jarrold dont sing in some parts, but other parts they do.As long as you support the boys and cheer them on ...........and just enjoy ur selves........its a personal choice wether u sing or not! OTBC!

P.S I sit in the upper Barclay and yes i do sing and shout but i aint a Chav![;)]

There was no need to apologise to me Phat, I''m a bit long in the tooth to be worried by what people say or think but thanks anyway.

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"][quote user="john"]what a load of crap chelmsford canary..go and support the scum[/quote]

Excuse me?

I''ve been there, and in all other parts of ground - the local cemetery has more live in it!

I sat there for Coventry game last season, and have two classic stories from the idiot we sat next to.

1. After Coventry took the lead we joked and said its ok - already up. Lighthearted humour. Bloke in question sitting next to us started having a go.."get behind the team". He spent more time having a go at us, he missed our equaliser.

2. Half way throug hsecond half, he said these words. "If Elliott Ward does not win POTS its a travesty" We noted it had already been given to Holt! He followed up with..its all about the glory boys.

First class moron![/quote]He might have been the bloke sitting either beside or infront of me. But i remember that conversation, N&P Lower yes? If not i had an identical conversation.He also noted Ruddy was no good and useless - oh and Whitbread was never gonna make it. Upon arguing, i was told "know your football lad, you know nothing". He was a prat.

Ive sat in all stands in the ground and while yes the barclay and the snakepit are the loudest part of the ground its laughable the idea that people give you funny looks for singing in the N&P! Its not as constant as the other two, but the majority stand and sing otbc at the beggining and the same when the atmosphere really gets ramped up.It really is pathetic this whole my stand is louder than you stand... how about our fans are louder than yours and we aim our attention at the away fans and team to make carrow road a difficult place to come! Oh and a drummer.. no thanks, thats for Clubs that have no singing areas at all and see it as a way of trying to get what we get every week without it!