Sign in to follow this  
CantonsHero

Telegraph's Opinion of Our Players

So Ruddy rated at 3m level with Al Habsi and Given!

Rudd at 2.7 equal to Radek Cerny.

Our defense would be Tierney, Da Laet, Whitbread, Martin, with Martin rated the same as Gallas.

Our midfield would be Hoolahan, Crofts, Surman and Pilkington, with Wes level with Seamus Coleman, Jack Wilshere, Ryan Giggs and Anderson.

Our strike-force would be Holt and Vaughan, with Holt at 5.0 being our most expensive player and equal with Doyle of Wolves and ahead of Danny Welbeck.

Norwich Best Team: 37.6m

QPR''s Best Team: 37.5m

Swansea''s Best Team: 36.5m

However, this isn''t anywhere close to the rest of the Premierleague teams.

[quote user="CantonsHero"]So Ruddy rated at 3m level with Al Habsi and Given! Rudd at 2.7 equal to Radek Cerny. Our defense would be Tierney, Da Laet, Whitbread, Martin, with Martin rated the same as Gallas. Our midfield would be Hoolahan, Crofts, Surman and Pilkington, with Wes level with Seamus Coleman, Jack Wilshere, Ryan Giggs and Anderson. Our strike-force would be Holt and Vaughan, with Holt at 5.0 being our most expensive player and equal with Doyle of Wolves and ahead of Danny Welbeck.[/quote]

I love Wes, but equal with Wilshere?

Glad to see us valued better then QPR and Swansea

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]

[quote user="CantonsHero"]So Ruddy rated at 3m level with Al Habsi and Given! Rudd at 2.7 equal to Radek Cerny. Our defense would be Tierney, Da Laet, Whitbread, Martin, with Martin rated the same as Gallas. Our midfield would be Hoolahan, Crofts, Surman and Pilkington, with Wes level with Seamus Coleman, Jack Wilshere, Ryan Giggs and Anderson. Our strike-force would be Holt and Vaughan, with Holt at 5.0 being our most expensive player and equal with Doyle of Wolves and ahead of Danny Welbeck.[/quote]

I love Wes, but equal with Wilshere?

Glad to see us valued better then QPR and Swansea

[/quote]

I think there''s an element with the newly promoted teams where they''ve put a lot of players in because they''re unsure of which ones will make the squad. Players like Wes will play all games for Norwich whereas Giggs and Wilshere will not for ManU and Arsenal (is the thinking), hence Wes may score relatively similar points.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]The valuing of players takes into account their scoring system. Generally with fantasy football, midfielders like Wilshere don''t pick up many points as they play deeper than others.[/quote]

Yeah, but assists come in to play with it aswell, and I seem to remember Wilshere getting a fair few assists.

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]The valuing of players takes into account their scoring system. Generally with fantasy football, midfielders like Wilshere don''t pick up many points as they play deeper than others.[/quote]

Yeah, but assists come in to play with it aswell, and I seem to remember Wilshere getting a fair few assists.

[/quote]

According to Wiki he only acheived a measly 3 assists from 35 Prem appearances last season. So I doubt he would of got that many pointsl

Good old wiki ;)

I just remember him being instrumental in many attacks, but thinking about it. He probably wasn''t the direct assist on too many occasions, suppose that''s the problem with fantasy football.

[quote user="CantonsHero"]

I think there''s an element with the newly promoted teams where they''ve put a lot of players in because they''re unsure of which ones will make the squad. Players like Wes will play all games for Norwich whereas Giggs and Wilshere will not for ManU and Arsenal (is the thinking), hence Wes may score relatively similar points.[/quote]

I somehow don''t think we''re going to be seeing Hoolahan playing every game for us this season. I think we''ll deploy wingers in a 4-4-2 with the likes of Crofts/Fox/Johnson in the centre. Or maybe 2 holding midfielders in a 4-2-3-1 where he could play in behind Holt/Morison. I think he''ll be used for specific games dependant on formation and may even come off the bench from time to time to try to turn a game perhaps.

Time will tell but I have my doubts as to how effective he will be in the prem. I know I may get shot down here, and don''t get me wrong, I absolutely love the guy, he''s been massive for us. But at times he seems a little lightweight and gets knocked off the ball a little too easily. I just worry that he won''t be strong enough to compete physically with the likes of Wilshere, Essien, Toure etc etc. Hope he proves me wrong though!!

Well at least there is a full defence here unlike the Sun which only had Tierney and De Laet being mentioned.