Sign in to follow this  
Noseybonk

City Bid For Lansbury

I was very sceptical about this rumour before, the figure quoted was too low (I think it was £2m last week) and couldn''t see Lansbury being a player Lambert prioritised to bring in. However, the story is sticking which is often a telling sign, and Arsenal football club have gone from saying "isn''t happening" to saying "can''t talk about it". I still think it won''t happen and that if Lansbury leaves we might get pipped to signing him by someone else, but I won''t rule this transfer out completely.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]We will not sign Lansbury, I''m that confident of this I will quit this site for good if we do![/quote]

[:O] This sh#t just got real!

[/quote]

Might as well wrap this one up now then. Deep Throat has spoken.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]We will not sign Lansbury, I''m that confident of this I will quit this site for good if we do![/quote]

[:O] This sh#t just got real!

[/quote]

Might as well wrap this one up now then. Deep Throat has spoken.

[/quote]

Don''t get me wrong, he would be fantastic here, but its not going to happen....next.

Arsenal seem to be in a mess at the moment and wengers stock is probably at his lowest since he took over at the club. From Lansburys point of view this might be an opportunity for him to fight his way into the Arsenal squad. Thing is how patient does he want to be. With one year left on his contract he really does not want to be out on loan again or festering in the reserves. I would love him to come here but with his potential would expect a sizable transfer fee of £4m ish to convince the gunners to part with him. A lot may depend upon the wishes of the player. With all the problems with fabrigas and nasri i guess he is low down on wengers problems list

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Arsenal seem to be in a mess at the moment and wengers stock is probably at his lowest since he took over at the club. From Lansburys point of view this might be an opportunity for him to fight his way into the Arsenal squad. Thing is how patient does he want to be. With one year left on his contract he really does not want to be out on loan again or festering in the reserves. I would love him to come here but with his potential would expect a sizable transfer fee of £4m ish to convince the gunners to part with him. A lot may depend upon the wishes of the player. With all the problems with fabrigas and nasri i guess he is low down on wengers problems list[/quote]

Maybe low down on Whingers problem list but as things are going he may be climbing his pecking order. A loan at most IMO.

[quote user="Oli Oli Oli Oli"]talk sport an hour ago say lansbury has issued an ultimatum to wenger saying give me a new contract or sell me to norwich.

happy days![/quote]

I bloody hope this is true. Yes, we do have a few pre season matches to go, but without being pessimistic we''re sure to pick up one or two knocks (hopefully nothing worse) before the season starts in earnest - so the more players in the better! And certainly Our ''enri please!