Sign in to follow this  
Noseybonk

City Bid For Lansbury

According to Talksport.

Think we''d have to go a lot higher than that, wouldn''t we?

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/championship/9117/8/lansbury-weighing-future-after-arsenal-reject-norwich-bid#.TiRlDxM4214.tweet

''IF'' a bid has been made, have Arsenal rejected due to the bid being too low - or is it they simply don''t want to sell?

Maybe they want him as a makeweight in a bid for Cahill at Bolton...

I heard that Wenger only wanted to loan him out again, and still sees him as a good prospect. We''d have to bid a bit higher if we were to make them change their minds I fear

Glad to see us make a bid actually, I think that Lambert''s strategy is bidding probably lower then the valuation on the player to start negotiations. I think we will go up to £2.5- £3 Million and you can see that with Lansbury you could make double that later in his career.

Wenger is held to ransom to a certain level. Lansbury only has a year left on his contract. if he doesnt sign a new deal wenger may have to sell him. no point sending out a player on a season long loan if they then walk for free.

Sorry if we bid 2 million for pilkington, 1.5 for bennett then there is no question we should be going in for 2.5 for lansbury.

his energy, desire and genuine quality was for all to see. He would be a fantastic addition to our midfield, he already knows the boys, there is no question if this is a new bid and not old news then we need to go in more realistically.

Who has really seen Pilkington to justify that type of bid, yes I have seen highlights and read good reports, but Lansbury was at times a class above anything else we had in our squad. A real leader who led by example.

Bristol City, tackling deep in bristols half to get the ball to surman to get the third goal

Playing with Pacheco against Cov, both were ripping that defence apart.

His desire to run into the box, millwall and bristol.

I can go on, for me if we have made a bid a good move and certainly one we should look to up quickly before others get a sniff. His value will rocket in one season, will any of our other players probably not. So for me a player that offers great stuff now and will get better and better

Some good news, if only a rumour

Probably just sounding them and Lansbury out. He seemed pretty determined to try and make it at Arsenal at the end of the season so by making a small bid now we might get an indication as to whether he has changed his mind.

Have to say he looked great for us, but a class above the rest of the team? Nah, he seemed like he fit right in.

I would''ve thought we''d have a better chance of getting Pacheco. Wenger has said he sees a future for Lansbury at Arsenal whilst I don''t think I''ve ever heard Dalglish say anything about Pacheco. Also Liverpool are bringing in a lot of players that will push Pacheco down the pecking order whilst Arsenal may be selling so many that Lansbury ends up in the 1st team by default.

Mahogany in an ideal world I would love to sign Lansbury perm. and getting Pacheco back on loan. Both have premiership class in their actions on the field and can turn a game with one pass or a bit movement that can lead to a goal.

At times they were, in my opinion, just a different class. I could not see Crofts, Fox, even silky Surman and Hoolahoops have the composure to be as creative as these two.

His determination was for all to see, not many midfielders woudl have done those runs through the millwall and bristol defence so late in the game. He did put his neck out and say I want it with Arsenal, but I also think after 2 seasons playing in the Championship he is now ready for a full time move and to play week in week out. He will have opportunities to move if he develops as much as he has. I certainly can see his stock rising much quicker than any other midfielder in our current team. But again that is my opinion.

Pacheco is certainly going to be down the pecking order, didn''t we see reports that Dalglish and the management team want him to go on loan but closer to l''pool when coventry were interested?

These two and a centre half or goalie would be the icing on the cake for this transfer window. We have a godo group now just needs that icing which even one of those two on loan from last season would offer.

[quote user="chicken"]Wenger is held to ransom to a certain level. Lansbury only has a year left on his contract. if he doesnt sign a new deal wenger may have to sell him. no point sending out a player on a season long loan if they then walk for free.[/quote]Not quite for free; he''ll still be well under the magical age of 24 next summer, so presumably there''d be some considerable compensation involved.

My Arse supporting friend has told me he hasn''t even been given a squad number for this season.

I think he knows he''s on his way.

I''d spend up to 4 mil on Lansbury as a prospect but not at the expense of a CB or GK or DM. Feel we need defensive experience of some sort.

Would love this to happen. Just think how fresh and flexible our midfield would be if we had the pick of Lansbury, Hoolahan, Crofts, Fox, Pilks, Bennett, Surman, Johnson, Korey, McNamee & Lappin!

I know not all would make the 25 man squad though!

[quote user="Noseybonk"]My Arse supporting friend has told me he hasn''t even been given a squad number for this season.

I think he knows he''s on his way.[/quote]he has number 46 on the arse website is that last years number or this years? Whilst on there I noticed these two little bits of info under the "trivia" tab:
  • He was first spotted when, while

watching a Norwich City youth game, he was asked to play to make up the

numbers. He impressed the coaches so much he became a regular
  • When Norwich coach Roy Massey joined Arsenal, he brought Henri with him.
Reckon it''s time for Henri to come "home".

[quote user="smooth"]Mahogany in an ideal world I would love to sign Lansbury perm. and getting Pacheco back on loan. Both have premiership class in their actions on the field and can turn a game with one pass or a bit movement that can lead to a goal. At times they were, in my opinion, just a different class. I could not see Crofts, Fox, even silky Surman and Hoolahoops have the composure to be as creative as these two. His determination was for all to see, not many midfielders woudl have done those runs through the millwall and bristol defence so late in the game. He did put his neck out and say I want it with Arsenal, but I also think after 2 seasons playing in the Championship he is now ready for a full time move and to play week in week out. He will have opportunities to move if he develops as much as he has. I certainly can see his stock rising much quicker than any other midfielder in our current team. But again that is my opinion. Pacheco is certainly going to be down the pecking order, didn''t we see reports that Dalglish and the management team want him to go on loan but closer to l''pool when coventry were interested? These two and a centre half or goalie would be the icing on the cake for this transfer window. We have a godo group now just needs that icing which even one of those two on loan from last season would offer.[/quote]

This [Y]

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Noseybonk"]My Arse supporting friend has told me he hasn''t even been given a squad number for this season. I think he knows he''s on his way.[/quote]

he has number 46 on the arse website is that last years number or this years? [/quote]

He replied to a tweet regarding a fan getting his name and number on their shirt saying that he does not have a squad number yet. I suppose the question is does anyone have a squad number at Arsenal for the coming season?

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Noseybonk"]My Arse supporting friend has told me he hasn''t even been given a squad number for this season.

I think he knows he''s on his way.[/quote]he has number 46 on the arse website is that last years number or this years? Whilst on there I noticed these two little bits of info under the "trivia" tab:
  • He was first spotted when, while

watching a Norwich City youth game, he was asked to play to make up the

numbers. He impressed the coaches so much he became a regular
  • When Norwich coach Roy Massey joined Arsenal, he brought Henri with him.
Reckon it''s time for Henri to come "home".[/quote]When he was a kid at Norwich he used to have to travel from North London I believe, so by joining Arsenal he did go home.

I just hope this rumour is true because when he was good last season, he was damn good. The fact that there were little inconsistencies in his performance is nothing to worry about, he''s still young and I think overall you can allow for that at 20 years old - Yes, we have planned for now but that does not mean we shouldn''t be snapping up talent for the future whilst it is affordable, though that said, I think he could find himself playing regularly for us next season should he come back. Really hope this happens...

[quote user="Northluck C."][quote user="chicken"]Wenger is held to ransom to a certain level. Lansbury only has a year left on his contract. if he doesnt sign a new deal wenger may have to sell him. no point sending out a player on a season long loan if they then walk for free.[/quote]

Not quite for free; he''ll still be well under the magical age of 24 next summer, so presumably there''d be some considerable compensation involved.
[/quote]

Not if Arsenal dont offer/cant agree a deal, he will become a free agent when his contract expires.

There would only be a fee if he signed a pre-contract agreement.

If Arsenal offer him a contract, equal or better than his current contract then there will be compensation to pay. There is no way it will get to the point where he has left Arsenal without having agreed a deal elsewhere.

I dont agree with that.

Realistically Henri is not going to be playing much football this season assuming he stays and had Arsenal thought he would make a impact in the future, he would have more than one year left on his contract. He as always been behind Denilson in the pecking order and they have just allowed him to go out on loan.

Which says to me he will be leaving either this summer or certainally next. I cant see many clubs (that would want him IE. Top half Championship) wanting to make a pre-contract agreement (January) with him knowing they will pay a compensation fee, when in 6 months time he will be a free agent. 

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="Northluck C."][quote user="chicken"]Wenger is held to ransom to a certain level. Lansbury only has a year left on his contract. if he doesnt sign a new deal wenger may have to sell him. no point sending out a player on a season long loan if they then walk for free.[/quote]Not quite for free; he''ll still be well under the magical age of 24 next summer, so presumably there''d be some considerable compensation involved.[/quote]

Not if Arsenal dont offer/cant agree a deal, he will become a free agent when his contract expires.

[/quote]"Any player under the age of 24 must have some sort of compensation tied

to him leaving his club regardless of contract so that a club that has

invested into that player doesn’t lose out on the investment they’ve

made in a player and the skills they’ve (presumably) taught him"
Compensation is therefore based on how long the club has had him for.  In Lansbury''s case a fair number of years.  Yes clubs let go under 24s for free all the time, but usually because they aren''t worth the time money or hassle.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

I dont agree with that.

Realistically Henri is not going to be playing much football this season assuming he stays and had Arsenal thought he would make a impact in the future, he would have more than one year left on his contract. He as always been behind Denilson in the pecking order and they have just allowed him to go out on loan.

Which says to me he will be leaving either this summer or certainally next. I cant see many clubs (that would want him IE. Top half Championship) wanting to make a pre-contract agreement (January) with him knowing they will pay a compensation fee, when in 6 months time he will be a free agent. 

[/quote]He won''t be, he''s got a value on his head under the under 24 rule.

[quote user="SPANGLES"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="Northluck C."][quote user="chicken"]Wenger is held to ransom to a certain level. Lansbury only has a year left on his contract. if he doesnt sign a new deal wenger may have to sell him. no point sending out a player on a season long loan if they then walk for free.[/quote]

Not quite for free; he''ll still be well under the magical age of 24 next summer, so presumably there''d be some considerable compensation involved.
[/quote]

[/quote]

"Any player under the age of 24 must have some sort of compensation tied to him leaving his club regardless of contract so that a club that has invested into that player doesn’t lose out on the investment they’ve made in a player and the skills they’ve (presumably) taught him"

Compensation is therefore based on how long the club has had him for.  In Lansbury''s case a fair number of years.  Yes clubs let go under 24s for free all the time, but usually because they aren''t worth the time money or hassle.

[/quote]

Which to Arsenal, Lansbury wont be.

In my opinion they will either sell him now for a small fee, 2-3 Million. Or keep him for the season giving him a chance to prove his worth, then come January time, they will extend his contact or agree to release him at the end of the season.