Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Can Holt cut it in the Prem?

I hope he can but we''re just going to have to wait to find out for sure.

I made a bet with a friend whose a liverpool fan that grant holt would score 10 or more goals this season which he doubted.

It will depend on how ref''s treat him. I distinctly remember the goal he scored against forest last season when we were 1-0 down. he ''jumped'' by basically clawing at Moussa (or possibly morgan) to get his head on goal. I think in the premiership that would have been a foul and the chance gone.

fingers crossed he''s a legend and i can''t wait to see him go through Ashely Cole.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

What a truly terrible website.

[/quote]

What a truely hateful man you are..

I reckon the same as Carlos Valderrama. Not sure, but hope so!

One thing is for sure, the fans will need to be patient. No-one is going to be getting 20 goals next season in a city shirt.

Blackburn''s top scorer had 5 league goals last season and they managed to stay up.

Credit when credit due, I have seen a number of posts on Pinkun where people have seen him running around, and few people saying he was really going for it.

Nonetheless I think he deserves it and if true shows how determined he is to cut it. Personally I think he will, nothing about him tells me otherwise. He can shift it in my opinion. I wouldnt call him slow, and has power and eye for a goal.

I hope so, but he will encounter some very good defenders and keepers in the Premiership. With only 38? games, I would expect his scoring rate to be barely into double figures.

Perhaps his physicality, and ability to hold his own against "butcher" defenders means that he could lead our scoring statistics again. If he seems to be successful early one, I would expect others teams to work out ways of dealing with him.

Yawn... Yawn.... Yawn... what a load of dribble this OP, every season this sort of tripe comes out, what next, will Ruddy save a penalty, will R.Martin prove himself..............

I can tell you one thing i wont win the Lottery because i dont do it..

[quote user="Charlie Sierra"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

What a truly terrible website.

[/quote]

What a truely hateful man you are..

[/quote]

Oh, I''m so sorry have I hurt your feelings? Or are you the 12 year old responsible for that cliché-ridden piece of tat?

some good thoughtful posts on here. now for the amazing revelation... he`ll find it a lot harder than many think!!. not only is the standard of strikers way above anything you`ll find in the championship, the defenders are a class above as well. and that`s not forgetting the keepers. he won`t `fail` but he won`t be pulling up any trees either imho. i`d say he`ll probably end the season with about10 goals at best. which would still be a good return given that berbatov and tevez both finished top scorers with 20.

There''s a good chance that he''ll score 12 goals if he remains penalty-taker. Will he cut it ? Yes, of course, as he will be playing as a target man which is not all about scoring goals but using his physique, football intelligence and bravery to create opportunities for others.

I have high hopes for Grant this coming season, and think from reading this thread he''s going to surprise one or two of you, as will the team in general. There''s one battle I''m looking forward to in particular - and am absolutely convinced he''s going to let John Terry know in no uncertain terms he''s been in a game all right... Time will tell but I''ll be putting a few quid on him to get 1st goalscorer that game ;)

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]Will he cut it in the prem? I''ve put £35 on him scoring 10 or more goals next season, so yeah I bloody hope so. He won''t become the prems top scorer or anything but he''ll be no pushover either.....[/quote]

What odds did you get ? I might fancy a dabble there myself.

i think he''ll do great, i hope he does amazing

clearly he has to prove it all over again and with a lot of our budget being spent on strikers he knows what''ll happen if he cannot perform. i really think he''ll be fine though, defenders are gonna have a torrid time with him!

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]He won''t become the prems top scorer or anything but he''ll be no pushover either.....[/quote]

Cue 27 league goals next season... ;)

The most telling line from that article is this one: "every Premier League defender will know Grant Holt by the end of the campaign..." Damn right they will, the MoTD boys are going to love him and i can''t wait to see him roughing up the oppo!

[quote user="a1canary"]The most telling line from that article is this one: "every Premier League defender will know Grant Holt by the end of the campaign..." Damn right they will, the MoTD boys are going to love him and i can''t wait to see him roughing up the oppo![/quote]

^

That...

Totally agree with you A1.

Morison will replace Holt quite early in the season imo , you do not  buy a striker for over £2 million just to have him on the bench or back up . Expect a starting two of Morison and Vaughan . As for can Holt cut it in the Prem , well you could just as easily ask the same question of our other 7 strikers , we are high on numbers but with big question marks over all of them quality wise.

A question mark over all of them but the one who has scored 35 in 83 games in league 1 and the championship, will replace the one who has scored 45 in 84 in the exact same leagues at the same time. Not sure i understand your logic there! And the bit about £2m on a benchwarmer is rubbish. Lambert doesn''t stand for that. If he fits in to the side/formation we''re playing at a given time and performs well, he''ll get in the side whether he cost 50p or 50 million. Chris Martin cost nothing, Simeon cost half a mil, Holt cost 400k so i can''t see him getting in ahead of Simeon, but then Vaughan''s fee was undiscolsed so who knows if he''ll get on. Bradley Johnson came on a free so he''s got no chance. It''s a stupid game!!!!

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]Will he cut it in the prem? I''ve put £35 on him scoring 10 or more goals next season, so yeah I bloody hope so. He won''t become the prems top scorer or anything but he''ll be no pushover either.....[/quote]

What odds did you get ? I might fancy a dabble there myself.

[/quote]

It was 7/2 odds on Victor Chandler about 2 months ago. Not sure if they''re still running it though.

You could try asking them if they''ll still give you odds however....

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]The thing is not can Holty cope with the Prem, can the Prem cope with Holty?[/quote]

HAH! Good point! (or 3 points if we win)