Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

Which Pundits have written us off?

Was listening to The Monday Night Club on Radio 5 last night and they were talking very positively about Norwich (for about 2 or 3 minutes between 20:30 and 21:00, should be available on the iplayer for anyone who wants to have a listen).In the studio were Mark Chapman, Martin Keown, Ian McGarry and Jonathan Pearce.  Chappers initially questioned the signing of lower league players, but Ian said he was very impressed with the signings to date and spoke about a chat he had with Lambert a few weeks before the end of the season about his transfer methods.  Jonthan Pearce spoke about Holt, Jackson and also highlighted Russell Martin as someone to look out for next season.One of them (I believe it was Ian McGarry but I''m not 100% sure as I was navigating the Hanger Lane Gyratory at the time) said that of the 3 promoted sides at this time with the current squads, Norwich look to be in the best shape for next season.  He went on to say though that QPR have a lot of money and could still make some key signings.http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b012kq98/5_live_Sport_The_Monday_Night_Club_18_07_2011/

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

Probably all of them. ''The three that came up will be the three that go down''

[/quote]You''ve got a point there Chunk''

[quote user="諾維奇城"]Can''t wait to see Martin Lawrenson''s prediction haha[/quote]

Is that Mark''s brother????

Apart from Bright I can''t think of any that have already written is off. Henry Winter - of the Telegraph - was certainly waxing lyrical about our nice style of play at the end of last season, and how he looks forward to us in the Prem. To be honest I think we''ve come in under the radar comapred to QPR and Swansea so not really facing a lot of the media coverage.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Was listening to The Monday Night Club on Radio 5 last night and they were talking very positively about Norwich (for about 2 or 3 minutes between 20:30 and 21:00, should be available on the iplayer for anyone who wants to have a listen).In the studio were Mark Chapman, Martin Keown, Ian McGarry and Jonathan Pearce.  Chappers initially questioned the signing of lower league players, but Ian said he was very impressed with the signings to date and spoke about a chat he had with Lambert a few weeks before the end of the season about his transfer methods.  Jonthan Pearce spoke about Holt, Jackson and also highlighted Russell Martin as someone to look out for next season.One of them (I believe it was Ian McGarry but I''m not 100% sure as I was navigating the Hanger Lane Gyratory at the time) said that of the 3 promoted sides at this time with the current squads, Norwich look to be in the best shape for next season.  He went on to say though that QPR have a lot of money and could still make some key signings.http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b012kq98/5_live_Sport_The_Monday_Night_Club_18_07_2011/

[/quote]I''m listening to the show now. They''ve just had an interview with Brendan Rogers.... the beeb LOVE Swansea [:|]1hour 36 into the show and still Norwich havent been mentioned....

they can all write us off as far as i care.all the more faces to rub in it come may when we prove them wrong!

As a newly promoted team we will always be discussed as a possible team for relegation, even more so considering our back-to-back promotion and a team of relatively unknown players. It would take a very brave pundit to come out and say "Norwich will be safe" before a ball has been kicked in anger. In the same way all the pundits will discuss QPR, Swansea, Wigan, Wolves etc in the context of whether they will avoid relegation or not.

Interestingly (possibly) 13 out of 30 teams have been relegated in their first season in the Prem in the last 30 years. Roughly a 50% success rate, not sure if that is a good or bad omen.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="諾維奇城"]Can''t wait to see Martin Lawrenson''s prediction haha[/quote]

Is that Mark''s brother????

[/quote]

Sorry i get confused with the names of all these pundits, especially when they are a big Tw@t like he is.......

I read something somewhere about the odds for relegation and how us and Swansea were the clear favourites to go down, with Wigan and QPR being next. But the article also said that there has been a significantly lower volume of bets on us going down than any of the other bottom 4. Suggests that the market feels we have a better chance of survival than the ''experts''.

Mickey Quinn on Talksport ... I remember watching him play against us for Coventry, he ''fell over'' in the penalty area and someone nearby shouted out "Save the Whale"...

Ive not heard to much to be honest, its other teams flaws that appear to be highlighted.So far its QPR''s lack of spending and Blackburn who appear to be rasing the most eyebrows from what ive read personally I think we have a better chance next year than QPR, Blackburn, Wolves, Wigan and Villa going off the current transfer activity and the disruption being experienced there.

Was listening Talksport on the way home last night. ''A journalist'' joined Sam Matterface as they discussed every Premiership club and the signings they''d made. The journalist said that he''d very recently had a conversation with Harry Redknapp, who was very impressed with the type signings that NCFC had made.