Sign in to follow this  
Lurd

What has Holty been eating over the summer?

Just seen the highlights of the game v Gorleston on SSN and he looks fatter than ever.

I know he''s a big lad in general but you''d think with his most important season in his career coming up he''d at least try and get in shape. You can generally be a bit overweight in the lower leagues and get away with it but how often do you see out of shape players do well in the Premier League? Lambo needs to have a word imo.

I didn''t think he did.

It''s only the start of pre season, blimey. Were not playing Man Utd tomorrow...give the lad a chance!

I had a text from my mate last night saying roughly the same thing.Is it just a few pre-season pounds or the tv putting weight on him (it happens)?

Personally never thought Holt was out of shape, and if by ''getting away with it in the lower leagues'' means scoring 50+ goals in 2 seasons then more people need Holtys diet.Other than the slow run back after the pen, there didnt seem to be anything that showed him to be out of shape on the highlights, however ive no doubt if it was ever to be a problem, Holt (and certainly Lambert) would do something about it.

Judging by the photo on the official site I actually thought he looked a little trimmer if anything. Never thought he was overweight anyway, his body shape is key to the way he plays the game and he''s generally as full of running and effort in the 90th minute as he is in the 1st.

I thought he looked slimmer in the piccie on the pinkun accompanying the write up of yesterdays game, until someone pointed out that was a picture from last year in last years shirt.

Since i actually went to the game (and not judging by crappy tv pictures on SSN) i''d say he looked a bit thinner than last season.... And getting away with it in the lower leagues? Did you not see him play last season?

Must be the only guy who agrees with opening post, thought he looked fat as fook tbh!!

Although not complaining unless it affects his game.

Is it really wrong to want our players to be at their peak physical condition?

[quote user="Larry David"]Is it really wrong to want our players to be at their peak physical condition?[/quote]I think he probably is! Last season ''he could get away with it'' apparently, yet he could run from the 1st to the 90th minute just as much, if not more than the rest of our players.And, yet again, i was AT THE GAME and saw him in the flesh. And no, he does not look any bigger.

Holt is a different body shape to most of the others, but that''s not unusual in a powerful striker. Look at Rooney, if he didn''t train like mad he''d run to fat in no time. Torres on the other hand wouldn''t get overweight in a month of Sundays, but he is not a strong player. Holt may find that he has to work harder to keep trim than the others, that''s his genes - but his build helps him battle for the ball. Remember he was carrying a knock at the end of last season, he''s probably had some time out to recover completely.

Chill out people!!! On Sky in the highlights he did look a bit chubby but having seen him in the flesh he looks rather trim and in very good condition,just a bad angle maybe.

[quote user="Larry David"]Is it really wrong to want our players to be at their peak physical condition?[/quote]

No it''s wrong to criticise them based on one minute of TV footage from a pre season friendly game. If he was out of shape do you really think Lambert would have started him?

He did score twice too!

I think you are just trying to stir up an argument on a quiet Sunday morning when there''s nothing else to talk about ... shame on you!

Whoa now lets not jump to conclusions. Firstly Holt naturally has a stocky physique, thats down to genetics and something that he wont ever be able to change massively. But there also other things to take into acount, personally I think its likely that he has broadened out with his upper body stregth being a focus of training and as a result the shirt hangs off him more making him look fat when in fact its the opposite, he always wears a shirt a size or 2 too big as it gives a defender soemthing to grab and allows him to ''play them'' abit more!Ive also read on here a few weeks ago of someone who lives near him who has seen Holt out and about running.. and that person said he wasnt just jogging, he was going for it. Holt knows how important this season is not only for the club but also for him as a footballer, some players only get one chance to prove themseleves at this level and he is a man with a point to prove almost more so than the rest of our young and up and coming players. There is no way he will have let himself go!

"fatter then ever"......"chubby"........"fat as fook".....all i will say is good job for you lot Kathy is away in Belgium this weekend[:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]"fatter then ever"......"chubby"........"fat as fook".....all i will say is good job for you lot Kathy is away in Belgium this weekend[:D][/quote]

Buying more of those chocolates for Holty no doubt. He''s probably wearing shirts two sizes larger in anticipation of Kathy''s return. Perhaps this is all part of Mr. Lambert''s plan......introducing Steamroller Horse to the Premiership. Those centre backs won''t know what''s hit them.

Should we really be having a pop at our captain and leading goalscorer whose goals have been a massive part of back to back promotions before a Premiership ball as even been kicked?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]He''s not fat.  He''s just big boned and has water retention.[/quote]Holt is a stick insect compared to me. I tried the "water retention" excuse with her indoors, and she said, No it''s pie and chips retention!!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Looks fine on the match report to me....
[/quote]

He looks better now you have a up-to-date picture of him up in the new shirt. [:)]

Wheres the match report on the home page gone anyway?

Food hopefully!

If Holt caries on doing what hes been doing he last 2 seasons then I won''t care much about what he looks like!

Holts called the "fat bricklayer" by fans of other clubs but show me a better striker at a similar level over the last 2 seasons!  

I was there(really goodlooking guy with 2 ave looking guys each side of me),and he looked exactly the same?! He certainly ran as much as anyone and considering this was the 1st preseason game,he looked fit.

How can anyone slate our captain him and the whole team need us behind them 110 %. Holt is a big guy like myself and i think thats part of his game gives him an advantage to power by defenders ! Dont judge him on his size but on how he played, now ok i now it was only a friendly and not premiership oppersition but he did score twice and thats what matters !

Inside info says he gets a fine week in week out for not being under the body fat percentage allowed for the club.

I noticed this but put it down to the new shirts. The collar is slightly odd and sticks up further than most v-necks and gives the impression that Holty doesn''t have much of a neck, hence looking stockier than usual. It would look better if you chopped the white bits off in my opinion.

Ffs Iwan was always a bit chunky looking and he always did the business! Holt has superb upper body strength which he''ll need more than ever in the Prem