Sign in to follow this  
splashman

Wroxham Tues Night

Hope several fans come along tomorrow to see the pros who didnt go to Germany plus some of the younger players.

Bring last season''s season ticket for a free drink at the bar!

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]I hope Cody starts, and bangs in about 10 goals! *Hides the tears* :oP[/quote]

no cody tonite.... squad now on canaries....... U18''s some familiar names tho.....ball,brindley,dawkin,steer,adeyemi........ mite still go tho but doubt it will be very exciting lol...

[quote user="Ernie"]Can you just turn up and pay at the gate?[/quote]

yup.... but also looks like its going to p i s s s s s it down ! and forecast for a while lol :) think il stay at home for this one..

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_seniors_miss_out_on_wroxham_trip_1_968690

The comment by CityCanary made me laugh;

What a poor excuse for an article!!! Is it really news that a bunch of senior players have not been included in a fixture for juniors?? Weak!

Well yes, it is news actually. More or less confirms who will probably be surplus to requirements this season.

The fact they weren''t used at Gorleston or taken to Germany, says more about them being surplus to requirements than not being selected in a friendly for youngsters.

Why take away an opportunity for a 17year old and use the 28th member of the senior squad?

So, no Cody eh.  Perhaps Lambert has seen something in his exceptional pace and finishing ability and is taking him to Germany to work on him.  Good news IMO because I expected Cody to play tonight, but I''m disappointed in a way because he would have knocked in a goal or three and silenced a few doubting wizards for a day or so. [:D] 

Nice try, Cody''s Number 1 Fan.  I might be wrong but I don''t think Cody''s in Germany, just sitting on the sidelines in this country (along with Hughes, Olli, etc.).

Looks like the Wroxham game will be mainly for the youth players, and any senior players not taken to Germany are unlikely to figure in Lambert''s plans.

[quote user="dazza"]

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]I hope Cody starts, and bangs in about 10 goals! *Hides the tears* :oP[/quote]

no cody tonite.... squad now on canaries....... U18''s some familiar names tho.....ball,brindley,dawkin,steer,adeyemi........ mite still go tho but doubt it will be very exciting lol...

[/quote]Dawkin (2), Drmola and Sam Kelly in the first half, Kyle McFadden and Jamar Loza in the second half made it 6-0

did anyone go? or is the way back?

I''d like to know if any of the kids stood out.

...either that or another debate on whether Cody is worth a chance or not - have we mentioned that on here yet?

[quote user="spencer 1970"]did anyone go? or is the way back? I''d like to know if any of the kids stood out. ...either that or another debate on whether Cody is worth a chance or not - have we mentioned that on here yet?[/quote]

Dawkin pick of the bunch, Adeyemi ran midfield according to twitter.

I went along to Trafford Park this evening for the game, Surprised about how comfortable a night it was to be honest, I know it was Wroxham, but our team was just inexperienced youngsters with the exception of Rudd and Adeyemi.

Rudd was barely tested, Our youngsters played good passing football and scored plenty of nice goals.

Good atmosphere at the game, friendly welcome on the gate, Programme was well put together with some nice stuff on both clubs. Well worth going.

First time I''ve been there, nice little stadium, friendly atmosphere, good luck to them for the season ahead.

Couple of other pointers, Good to see David Mcnally present watching in amongst the fans, came and spoke to me during the evening, nice bloke.

Neil Adams was also barking the orders from touchline, shame he''s not on Radio Norfolk anymore..

Nice start to life for the reserves, with a full season of games ahead. 7-0 on Saturday for the first team, 6-0 tonight for Reserves, good start to life for NCFC.

ON THE BALL CITY!!!

[quote user="Daz"]I but our team was just inexperienced youngsters with the exception of Rudd and Adeyemi.

Rudd was barely tested, [/quote]Surprised he''s not in Germany seeing as he''s our second choice keeper?

[quote user="claud"][quote user="Daz"]I but our team was just inexperienced youngsters with the exception of Rudd and Adeyemi.

Rudd was barely tested, [/quote]Surprised he''s not in Germany seeing as he''s our second choice keeper?[/quote]I''ve just checked the pink''un site again. Jed Steer was in goal. Question answered.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="spencer 1970"]did anyone go? or is the way back? I''d like to know if any of the kids stood out. ...either that or another debate on whether Cody is worth a chance or not - have we mentioned that on here yet?[/quote]

Dawkin pick of the bunch, Adeyemi ran midfield according to twitter.

[/quote]

I''ve always rated Dawkin since seeing him play on the wing at Gillingham or Swindon two seasons ago.  

bit surprised there are no articles about the match result on the pinkun or canaries website - unless i''m looking in the wrong places.

6-0 is a great result for the youngsters, half debated about going but didn''t in the end