Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Vince

ASHTON DEAL COMPLETED

Hurrah and bravo! That ends the longest 4 days of my life since Xmas 2003! But please, everyone, give the lad a chance to settle in, especially against a tougher class of defender.

Come on Deano!!!!

Anyone any idea what number he''ll take?  I know 2, 4, 25 and 29 are available!

Fan-bloody-tastic

Whta can you say about this club. We are moving forward in such a positive, calculated way that will not only encourage all us aged fans (i am only 28!), but the youngsters too, that this really is a club moving forward, and a wonderful club to support. Please let me re-iterate what Yankee Canary said though, and it´s true - he is an aquistion not just for now, but for the future. Well done the board, nigel et al.

Oh Happy Days!!!!!!  I wasted so much time at work today checking for confirmation of his signing that really I should have been sacked. 

[quote]Come on Deano!!!! Anyone any idea what number he''ll take? I know 2, 4, 25 and 29 are available![/quote]

In the link that Vince has posted he is taking squad number 36.

[quote]Come on Deano!!!! Anyone any idea what number he''ll take? I know 2, 4, 25 and 29 are available![/quote]

It says on the official site he''s having 36...random!

Great signing, lets just not put too much pressure on the lad as hes still only a young un! I know he will be okay though. From what it says on the official sight hes got squad number 36 ( 3 + 6 = 9 me thinks!)

Well done to the club and who knows maybe another new face on the way, hopefully a defender.

Was wondering the likely squad number he''d be allocated myself... seems very wrong to give him 2 or 4 as he''s not a defender, but then 25 or 29 suggests he''s a squad player when he''s definately gonna be an essential team player. Looking at the squad numbers it does look a mix and match as regards the allocation of numbers - as if the numbers were thrown in the air and whoever caught what number was then given that shirt number for the season. 

Well if it takes the club shop as long to get the Ashton template in as it did Huckerby''s then you won''t be getting it next week.

I''ll try tomorrow and let you know how I get on...

You mean there are specific templates for players?

Surely they just have a curve and put letters on? Does this mean that to make my other shirt, they had to create a template for it?
NAME
OTBC

With players they send off for a template - presumably because it''s quicker to mass-print player''s names with a set template in place...

Fantastic!!!!! What else can you say? What a way to end the last 3 days only NCFC can keep you waiting till 10pm to get the good news.