Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Robert Green....

Go on then i''ll bite first,

Not a Lambert type player, he turned his back on us, we dont need experience, hes crap...

Anyway hes off to West Brom i think...

I''ve often thought someone like David James would be a good shout. Not as direct competition for Ruddy, happy to be on the bench yet guaranteed the odd game here and there and happy to coach/advise Ruddy and Rudd/Steer.

Green would start ahead of Ruddy undeservedly IMO.

Do we have an actual goalkeeping coach BTW?

Can''t see Green happening for the reasons above.

I don''t know what Lambert will do here. Personally, I''d say getting someone coming towards the end of their career to act as an experienced back up would be the way forward, but I''m not sure that is what Lambert will do.

I''m not entirely sure he''ll get anyone in, but if he does, I wouldn''t be surprised if it''s someone fairly young.

Wages would be high but I would take him.No doubt about it we would have got relegated far sooner if it wasn''t for Green last time we were in the Prem. I feel people are slightly bitter & have been sucked into the bad press he has got for his blunders, he felt the pressure I feel but if he came back here he would probably feel less pressure & be back to his best.I would like him here, yes I think he would do a better job than Ruddy but that''s not to say I think Ruddy can do well.The wages tho won''t stretch for him & I doubt Lambert will go in for him.

[quote user="Crispy"]Wages would be high but I would take him.

No doubt about it we would have got relegated far sooner if it wasn''t for Green last time we were in the Prem. I feel people are slightly bitter & have been sucked into the bad press he has got for his blunders, he felt the pressure I feel but if he came back here he would probably feel less pressure & be back to his best.

I would like him here, yes I think he would do a better job than Ruddy but that''s not to say I think Ruddy can do well.

The wages tho won''t stretch for him & I doubt Lambert will go in for him.
[/quote]

Yesterday''s man. We need to look forward.

was a loyal servant to the club but when we got rid he had potential. Now he has blown it and is a highly paid didgey keeper that none of the top 10 premiership sides would touch with a barge pole. Not for us Ruddy and FF the way forward

Saw him at the golf on Sunday, he was watching the 15th Green for a while.Always liked him as a player, would be a quality signing but I don''t think we could afford him now.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]was a loyal servant to the club but when we got rid he had potential. Now he has blown it and is a highly paid didgey keeper that none of the top 10 premiership sides would touch with a barge pole. Not for us Ruddy and FF the way forward[/quote]

Couldn''t have put it better myself.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]was a loyal servant to the club but when we got rid he had potential. Now he has blown it and is a highly paid didgey keeper that none of the top 10 premiership sides would touch with a barge pole. Not for us Ruddy and FF the way forward[/quote]

[/quote]

Nor me. BTW, if Cody really tried hard to be a goalkeeper I think he would quickly be as good if not better than Green....................  just pulling your leg !

[quote user="Al Catraz"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

Nor me. BTW, if Cody really tried hard to be a goalkeeper I think he would quickly be as good if not better than Green....................  just pulling your leg !

[/quote]

Cody as you probably know did play in goal for us when FF was sent off and distinguished himself. Yet another reason why it would be good to have him in the squad.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Al Catraz"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cody as you probably know did play in goal for us when FF was sent off and distinguished himself. Yet another reason why it would be good to have him in the squad.

[/quote]Is that really a good reason to have him in the squad? He spent 20 minutes in goal, and then admitted that he didn''t have a clue what he was doing. I don''t think that is any reason whatsoever to have him in the squad. On the off chance that we had a keeper sent off, and then the sub keeper injured, or similar.... there will be 10 other players on the pitch who don''t know what they are doing who could stand in goal.

[quote user="jed exodous"]Go on then i''ll bite first,

Not a Lambert type player, he turned his back on us, we dont need experience, hes crap...

Anyway hes off to West Brom i think...[/quote]Why do people always say that Greeno is a judas or traitor or something, he didn''t sign his first pro contract with the condition that he never left, this is Norwich not Royston Vassey! He was our number 1 keeper for five years, and didn''t jump at the first opportunity after relegation. He played 241 games for the club, helped us to promotion, and was then sold for a decent fee. He didn''t exactly do an Andy Marshall. Anybody would think that he had one good season then left on a bosman. He did what any decent keeper would have done if it was going to be the difference between International recognition and obscurity, went to the Premiership. He''s been playing football for 10 years, and has played 427 games for just two clubs. In this day and age he can hardly be described as disloyal. I still wouldn''t have him back, because I think he would cost just as much if not more than Fraser Forster when wages are considered, and I think that Forster is the better keeper. I don''t think we need Green because Ruddy is just as good as him, any acquisition of a goalkeeper should either be somebody who is happy to sit on the bench or somebody who could potentially be better than Ruddy. Green isn''t either, he is another Ruddy.Forster on the other hand, yes please!

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]I''ve often thought someone like David James would be a good shout. Not as direct competition for Ruddy, happy to be on the bench yet guaranteed the odd game here and there and happy to coach/advise Ruddy and Rudd/Steer.

Green would start ahead of Ruddy undeservedly IMO.

Do we have an actual goalkeeping coach BTW?[/quote]"happy to be on the bench"Really? Why did he go to Bristol City then? He is getting first team footy there. "happy to coach/advise Ruddy and Rudd/Steer"But not happy to give his shirt to Rudd. The bloke is right up there with the biggest egos in football, I don''t want him anywhere near Carrow Road, thanks but no thanks!

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Al Catraz"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, I had forgotten that, although I think that Chrissie Martin would be a much better goalie than Cody. In fact I would suggest he has the potential to be as good as Petr Czech or Joe Hart.

I know you can''t trust sky''s sources, but apparently we were one of 3 clubs that enquired about Green, but nether went back with an offer. Saw this on sky about a week ago now.