Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

This week's weekly cryptic riddle

Ho ho ho - seasonal greetings to you all.

Here''s this week''s cryptic riddle.  Who is this player?

Signed from a team of northern seals, this player (largely an understudy) managed a half century of appearances for the Canaries before heading across the border to learn more about the game from a highly educated team.  Later, he joined some northern hatters before he got a case of the shakes and then retired.

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

Signed from a team of northern seals, this player (largely an understudy) managed a half century of appearances for the Canaries before heading across the border to learn more about the game from a highly educated team.  Later, he joined some northern hatters before he got a case of the shakes and then retired.

[/quote]

Is this Colin Woodthorpe?

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"][quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[Y]

I reckon!

Not Accies but Dons.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]

[/quote]

Oh well played Mr Muzinic Sir, something I never got to say during your brief playing career with our beloved side.

It was indeed Colin Woodthorpe.  Next week - John Polston.

oi Mr Bloke, what about my earlier submission ie Neil Warnock who is nicknamed Colin ?

I suspect foul play and shall write to Sportsdesk Pete and demand my money back, if not a judicial enquiry

There''s too much of this sort of stuff nowadays, we should never have got rid of conscription or come to that ..................