Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Kyle Naughton on loan from Spurs?

The Times today says that we are in a 3 way battle with QPR and Fulham to sign Kyle Naughton on loan from Spurs.  He is a full back, don''t know whether he is left or right footed.

Seems unlikely to me that he would come here if 2 London clubs are interested.

If Naughton came here he would be starting. No debate with Spurs. Not sure thats fair on Russell Martin after the stormer he had last season.

Spurs have one of the poorest defence records in the premiership. If he cannot get into their defence then how good is he? Add to that Russell Martin has to be one of the first names on our teamsheet he is a star and getting better

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Spurs have one of the poorest defence records in the premiership. If he cannot get into their defence then how good is he? Add to that Russell Martin has to be one of the first names on our teamsheet he is a star and getting better[/quote]

Make no mistake this guy is the future England right back, he is absolute quality. Can''t believe spurs loan him out! Would be a tremendous signing and would have to be picked ahead of Martin.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Spurs have one of the poorest defence records in the premiership. If he cannot get into their defence then how good is he? Add to that Russell Martin has to be one of the first names on our teamsheet he is a star and getting better[/quote]

Agree big time, and I don''t trust Rednap, he knows this player isn''t good enough for him so loan out a weak link to a rival club.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Spurs have one of the poorest defence records in the premiership. If he cannot get into their defence then how good is he? Add to that Russell Martin has to be one of the first names on our teamsheet he is a star and getting better[/quote]

Make no mistake this guy is the future England right back, he is absolute quality. Can''t believe spurs loan him out! Would be a tremendous signing and would have to be picked ahead of Martin.[/quote]

Are you confusing him with Kyle Walker who is ahead of him in the Spurs pecking order and who will almost certainly play for Engalnd later this year? Both are called Kyle, play RB and were signed from Shef Utd together by Spurs. Naughton is a good player too, but he is coming up for 23 and has only ever played in the Championship or the SPL, unlike Walker who played the second half of the season for Villa in the PL and who looks like (well to me anyway) as a shoe in for Spurs fisrt choice right back this season.Even so, Lambert is obviously trying to ensure that he has strong compeition in every position. If we did sign Naughton, this would only leave Fox and Ruddy without real competition in their roles.It has also be stongly rumoured that QPR already have a deal in place for Naughton.

look like he''s on his way http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/london-qpr/2011/07/20/qpr-set-to-miss-out-on-spurs-defender-82029-29091609/

Interesting, Id like Russ to be given a chance but Naughton will give him very good competition, if its true that is.

Sounds like it, Yellow Blood. This is what the Fulham Chronicle has to say:

"QPR look set to miss out on Tottenham Hotspur defender Kyle Naughton after Norwich City hijacked the deal at the 11th hour.

Rangers were lining up a loan move for the full-back, who played under boss Neil Warnock at Sheffield United.

But Norwich look to have beaten QPR to the 22-year-old after agreeing a fee with Spurs."

He was a rock in the defence of my famous double promotion winning Bury side in FM2009, sold him for 4m in the end. Lambert is obviously nearly as good as Football Manager as me.

[quote user="CambsCanary"]I don''t know much about this player but see from his Wikipedia he twice made the Championship''s PFA Team of the Year (2008-09 & 2010-11) so must be handy.[/quote]

Didn''t John Otsemobor make a PFA Team of the Year for League 1 ... [:D]

Naughton is quality! Solid at the back, never stops running, good link up play with the right winger. Also got one hell of a shot on him, as already mentioned.

I''d have loved him back but it was never realistic to match the 5m asking price for a RB in this division, even if we are splashing serious cash. Peltier and Pantsil are 2 quality RBs for this league.

Hopefully it''s only a loan deal so we can get him back if we get promoted! I''d put big money on him being a regular England International in a couple of years.

Good luck this season anyway, looking forward to seeing you on MOTD! Especially how your 2 new wingers do, rate both highly. See you next season! (Hopefully!!)

Accoding to the Fulham and Hammersmith Chronicle its a done deal and hes joined us on loan!

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/london-qpr/

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]He''s behind Corluka and Walker at Spurs. Not sure how they plan to keep both Naughton and Walker happy seeing as they''re both future England right backs.[/quote]

Same way England plan to I guess.[;)]

OTBC