Sign in to follow this  
NorwichDom

Chris Martin

Seeing that we have brought in two more strikers, those being Steve Morison and James Vaughan, I believe Chris Martin''s postion has begun to get out of his grasp. As Holt is captain and will be one of the first names on the team sheet, i believe Morison, Vaughan and Jackson will be the partner of our number nine, so where does this leave Chris Martin?

Seeing that Chris Martin is a young player and still improving, i believe that the club should loan him out to a championship club with the clause of bringing him back incase of injuries but I can''t see him being in the 25 man squad at the club so will this be his best option, i think so!

He is in the same position as any of the strikers, play well enough and he will make the team and keep his place in the squad. He hasnt been shipped out and has so far been included in pre-season plans, he will be given his chance by Lambert first.

[quote user="NorwichDom"]Seeing that we have brought in two more strikers, those being Steve Morison and James Vaughan, I believe Chris Martin''s postion has begun to get out of his grasp. As Holt is captain and will be one of the first names on the team sheet, i believe Morison, Vaughan and Jackson will be the partner of our number nine, so where does this leave Chris Martin? Seeing that Chris Martin is a young player and still improving, i believe that the club should loan him out to a championship club with the clause of bringing him back incase of injuries but I can''t see him being in the 25 man squad at the club so will this be his best option, i think so![/quote]

Err.. who won the penalty and got an assist today? [:P]

Chris Martin certainly seemed to be part of much of what was good today. Also I think many forget that although his goal scoring record last season was under-par, he had a big impact with many assists, his vision for the pass, his close control and I think in the box still our most natural finisher.

Has the ability from a dead ball scenario to test the keeper. There are a number of games last season where either his shot has been parried and someone else has got in or his quick feet have released others to then score.

I do think that his little break at the end of the season does cloud our judgement. I think he will have role to play, if hoolahan get injured martin can play a role behind the forwards.

He has a part to play and I think in pre-season he will put in a good showing. If he goes on loan it will only making him better but I think he can have an impact in our premiership season.

I think C. Martin is a HUGELY under rated asset and next year he will come on leaps and bounds. He has been arrogant in the past which I think we are all aware of (with one story or another and performances), but he has always had Premier League aspirations. He is there now and I think he knows he is going to have to prove why he has been arrogant. He has nothing to hide behind now and everything to show. I wish him every success and believe he will prove himself!

Completely agree, he has been unfortunate to lose his place through injury. His lack of goals was a concern but when you see him play the 90 minutes you can see his movement, build up play, and vision actually does a lot for our attacking moves.

[quote user="smooth"]Chris Martin certainly seemed to be part of much of what was good today. Also I think many forget that although his goal scoring record last season was under-par, he had a big impact with many assists, his vision for the pass, his close control and I think in the box still our most natural finisher. Has the ability from a dead ball scenario to test the keeper. There are a number of games last season where either his shot has been parried and someone else has got in or his quick feet have released others to then score. I do think that his little break at the end of the season does cloud our judgement. I think he will have role to play, if hoolahan get injured martin can play a role behind the forwards. He has a part to play and I think in pre-season he will put in a good showing. If he goes on loan it will only making him better but I think he can have an impact in our premiership season.[/quote]

This was what my post was regarding

I think Martin is still very much in Lambert''s plans. We probably need 5 recognised strikers to give us cover and competition throughout the season. Holt, Morison, Jackson and Vaughan are obvious choices. But for me Martin also deserves the nod because he is an intelligent player who has a strong all around game. He can also offer some versatility as he has done pretty well when being played from the left or at the top of the diamond.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="NorwichDom"]Seeing that we have brought in two more strikers, those being Steve Morison and James Vaughan, I believe Chris Martin''s postion has begun to get out of his grasp. As Holt is captain and will be one of the first names on the team sheet, i believe Morison, Vaughan and Jackson will be the partner of our number nine, so where does this leave Chris Martin? Seeing that Chris Martin is a young player and still improving, i believe that the club should loan him out to a championship club with the clause of bringing him back incase of injuries but I can''t see him being in the 25 man squad at the club so will this be his best option, i think so![/quote]

[/quote]

Which PROVES he is NOT good enough!!!! What level are Gorleston FFS? He''ll never make the step up from there to the Premier League. [:@]

[quote user="smooth"]Chris Martin certainly seemed to be part of much of what was good today. Also I think many forget that although his goal scoring record last season was under-par, he had a big impact with many assists, his vision for the pass, his close control and I think in the box still our most natural finisher. Has the ability from a dead ball scenario to test the keeper. There are a number of games last season where either his shot has been parried and someone else has got in or his quick feet have released others to then score. I do think that his little break at the end of the season does cloud our judgement. I think he will have role to play, if hoolahan get injured martin can play a role behind the forwards. He has a part to play and I think in pre-season he will put in a good showing. If he goes on loan it will only making him better but I think he can have an impact in our premiership season.[/quote]

How many assists did he get last season?

Off hand, laying the ball off to hoolahoops to score in the derby at home.

Running at the qpr defenders with what would have been a goal of the season to then have made the space for russell martins shot

Neat footwork in the box, I believe Leicester at home, to set up holt for his hat-trick

I also beleive it ws either derby or leicester away when a free kick troubled the keeper to parry it out and an on rushing player scored.

There are plenty of times that his link up play was essential. I agree yesterdays showing was against a very different team to premiership opposition, but again I believe he will have a part to play and, as mentioned above, this is his chance... time to prove himself

Paul Lambert has always favoured 2 strikers on the bench, if youyre assumption is correct that he''s behind Holt,Morison,Vaughan,Jackson in the pecking order, what would happen if anything happened to any of those 4??. He''s effectively covering all of them, but what he does have in his armoury is that he can play deep or wide if needed which i''m not sure that the others can do. As for not making the 25 man squad?!.....I think its pretty certain we''ll have more than 4 strikers named in that!.

There are going to be a great many people on this forum who will change their opinion of Chris Martin as the season goes on. I do not think people realise what an exceptional player he club could have. His quality will improve, his maturity as a player will improve. What he must do is carry on his maturity as a person. When that is done people will see the real Chris Martin.

I challenge anyone after watching the season review dvd to name the 5 most stand-out players - based on whats on the dvd - and to not have Chris Martin in there. Bearing in mind he had a long injury as well.Dont understand the critism, never will. Top player.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]There are going to be a great many people on this forum who will change their opinion of Chris Martin as the season goes on. I do not think people realise what an exceptional player he club could have. His quality will improve, his maturity as a player will improve. What he must do is carry on his maturity as a person. When that is done people will see the real Chris Martin.[/quote]

Here''s hoping[Y]

I agree with you because in terms of talent Martin is extremely gifted but remember the DVD only shows the highlights.

I think the problem has been that when he''s good he''s very good but too often he disappears or plays well under par.

My personal opinion is to stick with him next season.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Which PROVES he is NOT good enough!!!! What level are Gorleston FFS? He''ll never make the step up from there to the Premier League. [:@]

[/quote]

Exactly. Cody scored 25 at a higher level and in competitive League games, but CM has an assist and wins a penalty at a much lower level and he''s proven Prem material.  People can''t have it both ways...... LOL

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you know better than Lambert do you?.................nurse! [:S]

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly. Cody scored 25 at a higher level and in competitive League games, but CM has an assist and wins a penalty at a much lower level and he''s proven Prem material.  People can''t have it both ways...... LOL

[/quote]

So how many goals at League 1 and Championship level has McDonald got then?................exactly!

Chris Martin is a rooney type player. Exceptional build up play and will provide a number of assists. Will score when given the confidence. And often expect the unexpected. Chris Martin if he has the drive will be the first on our team sheet next season.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]Chris Martin is a rooney type player. Exceptional build up play and will provide a number of assists. Will score when given the confidence. And often expect the unexpected. Chris Martin if he has the drive will be the first on our team sheet next season.[/quote]

Spot on Cousin.

Thankfully, Cody bloody McDonald looks finished at City.

Why "thankfully"? Has Cody ever given less than 100% for NCFC?

Why the needless spite towards a player who is probably below the required level now but contributed some good performances and goals and never let us down.

[quote user="Larry David"]Why "thankfully"? Has Cody ever given less than 100% for NCFC? Why the needless spite towards a player who is probably below the required level now but contributed some good performances and goals and never let us down.[/quote]

Because, like many on here I''m heartily sick of the multiple ''Cody'' threads we get on here, when his limited ability doesn''t merit it......he''s no Hucks thats for sure.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Larry David"]Why "thankfully"? Has Cody ever given less than 100% for NCFC? Why the needless spite towards a player who is probably below the required level now but contributed some good performances and goals and never let us down.[/quote]

Because, like many on here I''m heartily sick of the multiple ''Cody'' threads we get on here, when his limited ability doesn''t merit it......he''s no Hucks thats for sure.

[/quote]

You are both right!!

... and Martin scored 4 in the Champs last season. Obvious class, especially as he was born locally....  

[quote user="paul moy"]... and Martin scored 4 in the Champs last season. Obvious class, especially as he was born locally....  [/quote]

Rant, stomp your feet all you like, MacD is going...........your boy lost. [:D]

Disliking a player because of the number of threads he generates on a messageboard says it all.