Sign in to follow this  
Joanna Grey

Germany

Can''t remember from previous pre-seasons but will we get a list of players who go to Germany? Pilkington tweeted that he is going so that''s one definite.

If the club don''t give an official list, the players who get an appreance at the friendly over there will be the best clue. Also I think a Norwich City XI are playing a game locally while the first team are in Germany.

Surprised Pilkington is going considering his previous injury, must be closer to full fitness than some people suspected.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Surprised Pilkington is going considering his previous injury, must be closer to full fitness than some people suspected.

[/quote]

isn''t it team bonding as well?

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

isn''t it team bonding as well?

[/quote]Indeed, thats a huge part of the Germany trip; fitness and bonding. More than likely that he could be going over there but will only partake in light training and work with the physio team.

If the club don''t give an official list, the players who get an appreance at the friendly over there will be the best clue. Also I think a Norwich City XI are playing a game locally while the first team are in Germany.

[/quote]

An XI are playing Wroxham on Tuesday (I think)

Is it me or we don''t have any info about the training camp agenda?

Where the team is, where the training sessions are held,etc.

We only know the dates of two friendly games, whose two will be played between close doors.

How could we program a trip to Germany if we don''t have any info?

I''m sure I read that Adam Drury missed the Gorleston game through A slight knee injury and that Simon Lappin had just become a father, that would suggest to me that they have a place for the season. I wouldn''t be so optimistic for Steven Smith, Steven Hughes, Oli Johnson, Anthony MacNamee, Owain Tudur Jones and, dare i suggest it, Cody Macdonald who''s absence remained unexplained. I didn''t see any of them at Gorleston. Adam Drury was there sitting with Elliot Ward first half and Simon Lappin has a pretty good reason for his absence. Not looking good for the rest though!

"Is it me or we don''t have any info about the training camp agenda? Where the team is, where the training sessions are held,etc."

I thought it had been made plain to everyone that the training is to be carried out in private, not sure how you missed that. As to where the games are -

''The first game on Wednesday, July 20 will see the Canaries take on two teams in one match - Sparta Göttingen for the first 45 minutes, RSV Göttingen for the second 45 (kick-off at 6.30pm, local German time) at the Göttingen Stadium. This fixture will be open to the public.

Two further days of training will follow before City face FSV Wacker 90 Nordhausen. This game will be played behind closed doors and will not be open to the public.''

pics from last season training camp can be seen here -

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/Gallery/0,,10355~2090313,00.html

ps it was to be a get together where the players could concentrate on the forthcoming season - but the club thought that it would be better to refer to it as a training camp, rather than a ........

Whilst thanking City 1st for reiterating that this is a team bonding and private training exercise, (for those that, for some inexplicable reason, might have forgotten) it is only the training and 2 "matches" that are private - not the names of the team members that are going to the event.

SOOooooooo, based on the answers given so far, I guess nobody knows then........

I reckon the main aim is to quietly inject a little German football philosophy and knowhow into the squad.

Hence the low key PR.

Better than having to sweat and show off for sponsors in Thailand or Dubai or somewhere similar!

When we become a successful prem club with eastern sponsors within the next few years it will be interesting to see the approach that Lambert takes to pre-season.....................................

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

When we become a successful prem club with eastern sponsors within the next few years it will be interesting to see the approach that Lambert takes to pre-season.....................................

OTBC

[/quote]

Not going to happen, the majority share-holders will not sell to someone who has not got the best interests of the club at heart. You know that so you can put the wooden spoon away.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Not going to happen, the majority share-holders will not sell to someone who has not got the best interests of the club at heart. You know that so you can put the wooden spoon away.

[/quote]

Sell?

Mustachio, I was talking about potential major sponsorships and their "side-effects'''' - not selling the club.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sell?

Mustachio, I was talking about potential major sponsorships and their "side-effects'''' - not selling the club.

OTBC

[/quote]

Indeed you were, I mis-read, my apologies to you.

So far...

Ruddy
Rudd

Francomb
Martin R.
Tierney
Barnett
De Laet
Ward

Crofts
Smith K.
Lappin
Fox
Johnson
Surman
Hoolahan
Bennett
Pilkington

Vaughan
Holt
Jackson
Martin C.
Morison

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]So by my reckoning that leaves Wilbraham & Whitbread unaccounted for[/quote]

Only got the info from twitter, they may have come on as subs but no mention.

" So by my reckoning that leaves Wilbraham & Whitbread unaccounted for "

The squad is listed alphebetically and I think they had got to the 25 needed by the time the reached those two

[/quote]

Pilkington tweeted that ''it was tough running when the boys were playing'' so he''s not fit to play yet but is tagging along for team bonding and fitness.

For info, should answer all your questions / debates - Drury, Whitbread, Pilkington and Wilbraham sat the game out.

A1 post about Saturdays game is no longer correct as this is now open to the public 

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

For info, should answer all your questions / debates - Drury, Whitbread, Pilkington and Wilbraham sat the game out.

A1 post about Saturdays game is no longer correct as this is now open to the public 

[/quote]

Indeed, it more or less answers all questions about the 25 man squad now as well.