Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

NEW AWAY KIT!!

AWAY SHIRT 11/122011-12 AWAY SHORTS2011-12 AWAY SOCKS

I think the three together will improve things. Still a terrible effort though.

2011-12 Home Shirt2011-12 Home Shorts2011-12 Home Socks

If the home kit had the collar of the away kit it would look much much better.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Mark Barham Appreciation Society"]After the disappointing home shirt, I thought I''d have an away shirt for a change. Now I''ve seen that, I don''t think I''ll bother with either.

Thankfully both shirts will only last for a single season.

Are either really Premier League shirts ?

[/quote]

Im with you buddy. I will be donning my Black Xara next season throughout. Both kits are hugely dissapointing.

The club have let the fans down with two very lame kits, but I guess we should let them off!

[/quote]

Record pre-sales of the new home kit suggests that many fans don''t feel let down.

[/quote]

BAAAAAaaaaaa

As an owner of love handles and moobs I am clearly being told by Holty that this shirt is for me.

Good of Errea to consider the fuller figure as well as finding a product for all those ginger fans who suffer such a clash with the home shirt.

Sorry, but it''s absolutely hidious!! Why is it pastel lime green?! Are we going for Coventry''s record of worst ever away kit? 

I was nervous before the home kit came out, with rumours of it being an Errea kit. But I loved the home shirt on first view and bought it straight away. It even fitted perfectly and my opinion of Errea went sky high. But with this away shirt hanging like an old sack, with an awful rugby collar and in a putrid colour, my opinion of Errea has certainly dropped.

Thank God we''ll only have to use it against Wolves!!

Awful - just my old School House kit with logo''s - are we palying rugby or football?  Yes retro but this was crap then, even more so now!  They could have at least Fred Perry''d it a bit, smartened it up for the terraces, but this is just crap baggy and will look rubbish after a coupla washes. 

I say again - Awful.  Laughing stock - but only really need it at Wolves I believe!

On the one hand, it is quite a clean design which is often attractive in football shirts; coupled with the proper collar, this lends the shirt better towards being worn outside of sporting occasions as a casual garment than a more sporty design/ collar would. We also havn''t had a green set in a while and I''ve always quite liked green + white.On the other, for all the ''Made especially for Norwich through the combined might of all of Italy'' and ''worked with the club closely for months'' spiel, they pretty much have just taken two fairly basic designs and Norwich-ised the colour scheme. Whilst plain and ''retro'' looking can be quite nice... I feel that this shirt is a bit too plain. It''s clean, but it lacks the ''quality'' look that I would have liked (and thought we might get) to see. For example, take the Strangely Similar Green Shirt I made; in hindsight it is a bit cluttered (I''d take off the shoulder/ sides white lines and make the underarms green if I could) but details features like breathable panels under the collar and arms or the green partition inside the collar are just little things that can make a kit look a lot nicer. Obviously this is all just my opinion but this kit doesn''t shout ''I am worth 45 of your English pounds!'' at me when it seems to just be a green t-shirt with a white collar.As with the home shirt it is not that bad an effort... but it isn''t a good one either. It''s a ''safe'' set, nothing more. After the anticipation that started rolling from the meeting in February to 9.55am this morning I think that a lot of us were maybe hoping for something a bit special to be walking out on Premier League pitches in. Sod''s Law says that I''ll see it for reals, love it, and have to take this all back though [;)]

[quote user="Loopzilla"][quote user="The Original Pboro_Canary"]That shirt has put me off my dinner - awful design.[/quote]

It didn''t put Holty of his by the looks of it!
[/quote]

Mind you the face he is pulling I don''t think he is impressed with the shirt either!!!

Can''t stand the collar design, should have used the same collar as the home shirt.Makes a change to have a paler green shirt again, athough I''d have prefered white.

Its not the most ''exciting'' design, sure, but its hardly the offensive monster everyone''s making out!! The best shirts in the league are Nike and they rely on their simplicity of design.Would you prefer this......!?[img]http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Bolton.jpg[/img]Or even any of the horrible Adidas shirts? [img]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/14/article-1375998-0D0155C700000578-952_306x423.jpg[/img]I can''t understand such a vitriolic reaction to something thats destined to be bargain bin in 12 months time either way. A kit never pleases everyone so if you don''t like it then don''t buy it.... Besides, the home kits been a real winner so be happy!

Now I don''t read this angry rubbish or agree with the marks given here or in anyway think the D.Mail is the place to look for fashion tips!!!!!!!!!But, this article is quite good for visual comparison:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1375998/PREMIER-LEAGUE-NEW-KIT-SPECIAL-The-strips-2011-12.html

As I said before, the best ones are Nike and they aren''t that dissimilar to our home kit in terms of clean simplicity. Most of the Adidas ones are horrible, a couple of Umbro''s are nice but again rely on simplicity and the other smaller brands are really poor (Wolves????). Overall though, I think our home shirt is upper mid table.Interestingly, the D.Mail prefers our away shirt, must be the Eton Rugby collar!

I don''t like it the shade odf dark green and above all I don''t like the white collar and trimmings, that have nothing to do wuth the great, old Norwich tradition.

Personally, I didn''t like the home kit because the trim is a bit too fussy. It didn''t need the white stripes. Just green trim would have given it that more retro feel I was after.

I would also like some cohesion between the two kits. Look at Swansea''s. There''s a common style between them. Same with Stoke. There''s nothing like that with our two. Are V-necks in, or are rugby collars ?

Picking out players against a green pitch in FIFA12 is going to be a nightmare in that green kit !

[quote user="Gary Football"]THE COLLAR IS FUKKING COOL YOU NUMB NUTS[/quote]

Well I think it gives the impression of us being the poor relation, and what with Aviva sponsorship ends next year that means 2 more new shirts. I realy do believe that the club should select 2 designs from Masons

I like it! More suited for the maturer City fan I feel, i.e great for the grown ups - not so great for the kids. I''ll definitely be buying it aswell as the home shirt in the coming weeks.

In a "barking at the moon" exercise that i thoroughly enjoyed i sent the following email to the club yesterday on the subject of the green in our kits. Errea are not a million miles away with this one in design terms but again they have opted for a tragically synthetic, disgusting, tawdry green that reminds me of the sea of nylon shite one encountered when traipsing around C&A with ma...my email refers to a photo of the glorious admiral kit as modelled by Justin Fashanu. Look it up - it is a masterpiece. Look up also the WSC article about the Bruce Oldfield piece of filth at http://howl.wsc.co.uk/interface/external_view_email.php?B10734940413987502524:

Here''s my email: "To those involved in the decision making process about our next home kit....

Please consider carefully the hue for the shorts of our next home kit (plus socks and detailing). Why is it that the once noble, rich, dark and natural green of our club shorts has been so defiled over the years? For season after season, we are presented with the kind of sickly, synthetic, day-glo green not seen on any self-respecting sporting garment since C&A closed its doors for the last time. The rancid green persists in our kits like nuclear waste with a ten thousand year half-life. It’s strange because on some of your merchandise the nobler, more distinguished and, indeed, correct Norwich City green can be found. This really shouldn’t be so difficult to resolve!

For those of you who haven’t been around long enough please view the photograph below to fix in your minds the correct hue of green that should be (re)adopted forthwith. While you’re there see also true “canary” yellow (not gold or mustard) and jot down a few ideas for the design details (note the beautiful simplicity of it all) of a future home kit. The photo shows the best kit we ever had – a design classic no less. You could do much worse (and usually do) than using the Admiral masterpiece as a template for our next kit, which could and should be simple and retro in feel (in line with what most right thinking sporting franchises have done in recent years). A thing of beauty is a joy forever and that kit is a thing of beauty.

I write in the hope that a small fragment of the passion and indignation behind this plea seeps into the subconsciousness of a club employee who might, when it comes to reviewing new kit designs, just stop and dare to ask the question: why don’t we consider a new (old) direction for the green of our shorts? It’s a sad day when even our new Italian kit manufacturers cannot eliminate the crime against fashion that is the green of our shorts.

In the interests of brevity i have limited this email, in the main, to a consideration of our shorts. I could bang on about how awful our home kits have been since Hummel ‘85. But i wont. Rather, please refer to the attached short article from When Saturday Comes magazine, penned by a fellow fan and friend, about the Bruce Oldfield “inspired” nadir. It sums up the feelings of many fans i think.

Best wishes

A deeply concerned fan

Anyone know how long we''ll be with Errea, was it a 1 season deal or longer?.

Very pleased with both kits I might add, the home shirt was an instant ''like'' but the more I see of the Northern Ireland, sorry, the away shirt, the more I like that too.

I like the home kit, nice. But the away kit is poor, looks like a school PE top. Maybe if it was white and flecks of green but mainly green is not great.

[quote user="a1canary"]Euw! Doesn''t really look like a football shirt does it. More like a PE kit!
[/quote]

lol it does a bit, I don''t like it

Well this has split the masses hasn''t it?

Fo the record, i like the away kit better than the home kit.  A colleague at work has already got the home kit.  IMO, it looks a very bland colour, the sponser looks far too big and i hate the V-neck.  The away kit looks a lot better in 2 colours, and i prefer to have a color, and i like the Aviva logo being plain and the same colour as the trim and i do like the green as well.

Pretty surprised people feel so strongly about this.  I''m sure Mcnally and Lambo would''ve had an opinion on both designs and if they''re happy, then so am i.  I also think the away kit will look a bit smarter to wear out and about with a pair of jeans.

Each to there own, but i think i''ll be getting the away kit...

[quote user="Gary Football"]THE COLLAR IS FUKKING COOL YOU NUMB NUTS[/quote]You can turn your Caps Lock off[IMG]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSD5pk1n3V12VVKNqcdepQxYmbv_Q7JefxZAz4SUZ3IK3q4etTV&t=1[/IMG]

100% Genuine news that the new kit is being made by Errea.

This was told personally on sunday by someone connected to the club, and the home shirt was described as a similar yellow colour to the Oldfield designed Colmans with a V neck style which has a green/white trim.

The away shirt is green similar to goalie shirt from this season gone.

Also said was that the players were happy with it.

Im very disappointed that we have not got a big name,but we will have to see what Errea come up with.

Please anyone feel free to let me have it if im wrong but my source is just so reliable.

This is my 1st post for about 2 years,but felt i had to reveal my news

Just a little reminder to those who doubted my information from 5th June, Pretty much correct and im disappointed in the designs!