Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

NEW AWAY KIT!!

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

It is awful, thank god we hardly ever need to wear it....in fact there is no design involved, its green with a collar the club badge errea and sponsor logo and thats about it!   That is not a design.  I do not like the white logo on the green and this is far from being retro...simply dull and with no imagination. I could have designed that in 5 minutes...which is what they probably did

I have and like the new home shirt which is far more well thought out, however does anyone else find the quality of the material used on the shirt is poor and the end of the sleeves very rough on the skin?

OTBC

[/quote]Personally thats what I love about it - the simplicity. Can''t stand overly-designed, fussy shirts, and they never age well. Classic design for me all the way.

I think it''s class. Once again I don''t understand the complaints that ''it looks like it took 5 minutes to design'' - this is surely a great thing? If you overdesign a shirt you get a mess like what Bolton have every year.

What is so bad about having a simple look? I really like it. Very retro. People want stripes and spots etc on all their kits nowadays, but a simple, effective and clean look is fine by me. Well done Errea!!

[quote user="s10_yellow"]I think it''s class. Once again I don''t understand the complaints that ''it looks like it took 5 minutes to design'' - this is surely a great thing? If you overdesign a shirt you get a mess like what Bolton have every year.[/quote]

Then way have designed in Italy as a feature... A little bit of Italy comes to Norwich?  if you like a simple shirt fine but why have some one design it and charge 45 pounds for it.  Just get any green style sports shirt with our badge and sponsor logo on it would cost 20 pounds tops!  I also do not agree that is simple if you want simple and classic remove the logo of Errea and the huge sponsor logo, if you can not do this incorporate them into a better design

[quote user="ryan1992"]What is so bad about having a simple look? I really like it. Very retro. People want stripes and spots etc on all their kits nowadays, but a simple, effective and clean look is fine by me. Well done Errea!![/quote]

Retro has nothing to do with stripes or design, Retro by definition means looking backward at a style from another era?  This could be anything, so a retro Juventus stip would likely have stripes.   There is nothing Retro about this shirt not even the collar,. If you want a retro Norwich shirt we need to change our logo and collar to something like

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110510032191 or

http://shirtmasters.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=32_167

I think by ''retro'' people mean - and myself included - back to the old days when shirts were plain affairs with maybe a bit of trim around the collar or sleeves; not the over-the-top monstrosities that get lumbered on Bolton and Blackpool. Simple can be attractive and smart.

It''s all horses for courses and I''m very surprised at the sheer amount of haters of the new shirt but fair enough. I always think green strips can be quite smart and it is very Norwich.

Although more ''A little bit of Ireland in Norwich''

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

I think by ''retro'' people mean - and myself included - back to the old days when shirts were plain affairs with maybe a bit of trim around the collar or sleeves; not the over-the-top monstrosities that get lumbered on Bolton and Blackpool. Simple can be attractive and smart.

It''s all horses for courses and I''m very surprised at the sheer amount of haters of the new shirt but fair enough. I always think green strips can be quite smart and it is very Norwich.

Although more ''A little bit of Ireland in Norwich''

[/quote]

But this can ot be the case with sponsors now, if we really want to be Retro we need to get rid of it and have nothing but our club badge and maybe the manufacturers logo, anything like from 1947 to 1983.. You could even say 83-92 have this feel but nothing since then.  I do not see this new shirt looking like any of our old shirts hence I do not see it as retro

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Norwich_City/Norwich_City.htm

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

[quote user="ryan1992"]What is so bad about having a simple look? I really like it. Very retro. People want stripes and spots etc on all their kits nowadays, but a simple, effective and clean look is fine by me. Well done Errea!![/quote]

Retro has nothing to do with stripes or design, Retro by definition means looking backward at a style from another era?  This could be anything, so a retro Juventus stip would likely have stripes.   There is nothing Retro about this shirt not even the collar,. If you want a retro Norwich shirt we need to change our logo and collar to something like

[/quote]I can''t really see how you can deny this shirt has any retro feel about it, but then you don''t seem to be sure yourself whether it is a simple design or not, as you''ve contradicted yourself in the last few posts. I reckon you''ve spent too much time out in the Dubai sun! ;)

[quote user="canarytom"]I was hoping it was going to be poo brown so mud and skids didn''t show up on it![/quote]LOL! Well, there you go, there''s just no pleasing some people! :D

[quote user="Loopzilla"][quote user="St.John Cooper"]

[/quote]

I can''t really see how you can deny this shirt has any retro feel about it, but then you don''t seem to be sure yourself whether it is a simple design or not, as you''ve contradicted yourself in the last few posts. I reckon you''ve spent too much time out in the Dubai sun! ;)
[/quote]

LOL.....it is hot here.  However I do not see the contadictions and I do not feel it is retro as it looks nothing even simlair to any of our previous shirts , so as retro means looking backwards to a previous ere, this shirt does not represent this. If you mean retro means simple then maybe it does, however this is not my or the dictionaries undertanding of the word

[quote user="St.John Cooper"][quote user="Loopzilla"][quote user="St.John Cooper"]

[/quote]I can''t really see how you can deny this shirt has any retro feel about it, but then you don''t seem to be sure yourself whether it is a simple design or not, as you''ve contradicted yourself in the last few posts. I reckon you''ve spent too much time out in the Dubai sun! ;) [/quote]

LOL.....it is hot here.  However I do not see the contadictions and I do not feel it is retro as it looks nothing even simlair to any of our previous shirts , so as retro means looking backwards to a previous ere, this shirt does not represent this. If you mean retro means simple then maybe it does, however this is not my or the dictionaries undertanding of the word

[/quote]My definition of retro is just the same as yours, I''m just not applying it strictly to old NCFC shirts. As for the contradictions, well initially you seemed to imply that it was a very simple design:"in fact there is no design involved, its green with a collar the club badge errea and sponsor logo and thats about it!"And then you said it wasn''t:"I also do not agree that is simple if you want simple and classic remove

the logo of Errea and the huge sponsor logo, if you can not do this

incorporate them into a better design"So make your bloody mind up! :)

How exactly is it Retro? Surly Retro means having something that looks similar to something from a different era.

Our Asics and ''92 shirts are ''busy'' and not ''clean and simple'' but they are probably our most popular and memerable shirts. Anything that looked similar to them would be retro.

I agree with the few that have said no effort as gone into it and there is no design about it. I spent the most part of my school lessosns drawing football kits in the back of my books and put much more effort in than it would appear Erra have.

On a slightly different note, as anyone seen the price of the training wear? £32 for the warm up T-shirt, £40 for the jumper and £50 for the drill top!!!

Quite like it. Looks like late-80s Saint Etienne (except for the sponsor of course): http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/european-clubs/french-clubs/saint-etienne/dd1987-88-saint-etienne-l-s-home-shirt-as-new-xs.html

[quote user="CDMullins"]

How exactly is it Retro? Surly Retro means having something that looks similar to something from a different era.

Our Asics and ''92 shirts are ''busy'' and not ''clean and simple'' but they are probably our most popular and memerable shirts. Anything that looked similar to them would be retro.

I agree with the few that have said no effort as gone into it and there is no design about it. I spent the most part of my school lessosns drawing football kits in the back of my books and put much more effort in than it would appear Erra have.

On a slightly different note, as anyone seen the price of the training wear? £32 for the warm up T-shirt, £40 for the jumper and £50 for the drill top!!!

Spot on

[/quote]

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

Well, to me at least, that collar looks similar to a 50''s style football collar. Granted, the rest of the shirt is very plain and could hail from any era, but that simplicity itself generally harks back to the older style football kits, pre-1980''s, after which when many designs started taking on more added details and patterns etc. Still as Spike Milligan once said: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...get it out with Optrex."

[quote user="The Original Pboro_Canary"]That shirt has put me off my dinner - awful design.[/quote]It didn''t put Holty of his by the looks of it!

[quote user="Harry"]Not sure about the collar in the picture but will reserve judgment until I''ve seen it close up[/quote]

Harry lid, youv''e spelt "choir" rong in you''re avatar

I am usually a fan of the retro/simple look but not a fan of this. Dislike the collar and also the colour.

I think it''s poor, I like the home kit mind. So Errea are in my good books for that

Well spotted MW it''s quite embarrassing spelling my own websites URL wrong, that''s the trouble with making things after a few beers, will alter it when I get onto my PC this evening.

[quote user="Mark Barham Appreciation Society"]After the disappointing home shirt, I thought I''d have an away shirt for a change. Now I''ve seen that, I don''t think I''ll bother with either.

Thankfully both shirts will only last for a single season.

Are either really Premier League shirts ?

[/quote]

Im with you buddy. I will be donning my Black Xara next season throughout. Both kits are hugely dissapointing.

The club have let the fans down with two very lame kits, but I guess we should let them off!

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Mark Barham Appreciation Society"]After the disappointing home shirt, I thought I''d have an away shirt for a change. Now I''ve seen that, I don''t think I''ll bother with either.

[/quote]

Im with you buddy. I will be donning my Black Xara next season throughout. Both kits are hugely dissapointing.

The club have let the fans down with two very lame kits, but I guess we should let them off!

[/quote]

Record pre-sales of the new home kit suggests that many fans don''t feel let down.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Record pre-sales of the new home kit suggests that many fans don''t feel let down.

[quote user="mikewalker"]

[quote user="Harry"]Not sure about the collar in the picture but will reserve judgment until I''ve seen it close up[/quote]

Harry lid, youv''e spelt "choir" rong in you''re avatar

[/quote]

Yeah, I kneely through up when i sore that.