Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Season ticket rebates

Interesting article whereby Gunn puts a lot of our recent success down to the money we had available due to those season ticket holders who didn''t claim their rebate.

I remember at the time certain posters branding us that didn''t take up the rebate, idiots, Delia lovers etc. Just wondered if those that were so vocal about taking the rebates have seen the error of their ways and are prepared to say so?

Don''t you think saying "I told you so" after the fact is a little crass though?

Why is it always dragged out that the rebate money paid for Grant Holt? Surely it could have equally have paid for Simon Whaley and Goran Maric? Feel this is a little bit of positive spin by the club, and if Gunn is suggesting he only brought in Holt as he had that rebate money available rather than making him a higher priority signing than OTJ and Theokilitis then he probably shouldn''t be crowing about it.

I thought that the non rebate claimers were given credit for assisting with the purchase of the legend Grant Holt which if that is how certain sections of the support wish to view it i have no problem with.However where did the money come from to finance the signings of Ruddy,Surman,Whitbread,Ward,Barnett,Tierney,R,Martin,JacksonFox,Crofts etc etc etc.? These are the players who contributed to our rapid change in fortunes and in my mind Michael Foulgers purchase of £2 million worth of shares is the answer not the bloody rebate tiresome boring story that has benn done to death and thanks to the managerial disaster that was Bryan Gunn has been brought back to the surface.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I thought that the non rebate claimers were given credit for assisting with the purchase of the legend Grant Holt which if that is how certain sections of the support wish to view it i have no problem with.However where did the money come from to finance the signings of Ruddy,Surman,Whitbread,Ward,Barnett,Tierney,R,Martin,JacksonFox,Crofts etc etc etc.? These are the players who contributed to our rapid change in fortunes and in my mind Michael Foulgers purchase of £2 million worth of shares is the answer not the bloody rebate tiresome boring story that has benn done to death and thanks to the managerial disaster that was Bryan Gunn has been brought back to the surface.[/quote]

So if we sell Holt? do you think I would get a share of the profit along with the other S/T holders Very loud LOL

I kept my rebate money. Not ashamed of that fact. It''s easy for people to sit back now and have a go at people like myself for that, but why shouldn''t have kept my rebate money?! It came in handy, the club had just been relegated, I''d been a season ticket holder for seven years at that point so the club had had plenty of my money already.

I stand by my decision.

[quote user="morty"]Don''t you think saying "I told you so" after the fact is a little crass though?[/quote]

Morty, weren''t you talking about too much negativity of OPs on another post? Where did I say I told you so? I simply asked if people had changed their mind on a topic that had been made topical by the lead story of the Pinkun. Sorry I spoke.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I thought that the non rebate claimers were given credit for assisting with the purchase of the legend Grant Holt which if that is how certain sections of the support wish to view it i have no problem with.However where did the money come from to finance the signings of Ruddy,Surman,Whitbread,Ward,Barnett,Tierney,R,Martin,JacksonFox,Crofts etc etc etc.? These are the players who contributed to our rapid change in fortunes and in my mind Michael Foulgers purchase of £2 million worth of shares is the answer not the bloody rebate tiresome boring story that has benn done to death and thanks to the managerial disaster that was Bryan Gunn has been brought back to the surface.[/quote]

I assume you took your rebate then Til?

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="morty"]Don''t you think saying "I told you so" after the fact is a little crass though?[/quote]

Morty, weren''t you talking about too much negativity of OPs on another post? Where did I say I told you so? I simply asked if people had changed their mind on a topic that had been made topical by the lead story of the Pinkun. Sorry I spoke.[/quote]I remember at the time certain posters branding us that didn''t take up

the rebate, idiots, Delia lovers etc. Just wondered if those that were

so vocal about taking the rebates have seen the error of their ways and

are prepared to say so?

I read that as a bit of "I told you so" I''m afraid., and you requesting people who took the rebate to come and apologise.I wasn''t being negative, I was posting my opinion.Its ancient history, and to be honest, its only a very, very small part in our success. Its ridiculous asking people to change their opinion with hindsight, they made the decision they thought was right at the time, and more likely to just provoke the same argument for the 479th time!

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I thought that the non rebate claimers were given credit for assisting with the purchase of the legend Grant Holt which if that is how certain sections of the support wish to view it i have no problem with.However where did the money come from to finance the signings of Ruddy,Surman,Whitbread,Ward,Barnett,Tierney,R,Martin,JacksonFox,Crofts etc etc etc.? These are the players who contributed to our rapid change in fortunes and in my mind Michael Foulgers purchase of £2 million worth of shares is the answer not the bloody rebate tiresome boring story that has benn done to death and thanks to the managerial disaster that was Bryan Gunn has been brought back to the surface.[/quote] I assume you took your rebate then Til?[/quote]

I did take my rebate is the answer to your question.

This subject as i said has been done to death on here over and over again and i see no point whatsoever in turning this thread into a 20 page epic.It was way back in 2009 and we are now standing on the brink of hopefully further success under Paul Lambert and i believe Gunny was out of order with his particular comment in the article and Archant sure as hell knew full well it would provoke a thread on this messageboard by printing it so i ask what was the point?

Move on everybody and get over the rebate issue as Wigan is on the horizon.

I took mine, purely as I didn''t agree with the manager who would be spending the money at the time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I too stand by my decision back then.

[quote user="Dicky"]Interesting article whereby Gunn puts a lot of our recent success down to the money we had available due to those season ticket holders who didn''t claim their rebate.

I remember at the time certain posters branding us that didn''t take up the rebate, idiots, Delia lovers etc. Just wondered if those that were so vocal about taking the rebates have seen the error of their ways and are prepared to say so?[/quote]

Fair point Dicky, thank god those of us who decided that it was crucial to help our almost bancrupt club in its hour of need came good.

Our donations certainly made the difference when it came to the most important factor of all, the buying of the goal machine that is Grant Holt. Without him we would still be stuck in the bowels of the lower divisions of the football league that is of course if the club remained solvent!

[quote user="rainbow"][quote user="Dicky"]Interesting article whereby Gunn puts a lot of our recent success down to the money we had available due to those season ticket holders who didn''t claim their rebate.

I remember at the time certain posters branding us that didn''t take up the rebate, idiots, Delia lovers etc. Just wondered if those that were so vocal about taking the rebates have seen the error of their ways and are prepared to say so?[/quote]

Fair point Dicky, thank god those of us who decided that it was crucial to help our almost bancrupt club in its hour of need came good.

Our donations certainly made the difference when it came to the most important factor of all, the buying of the goal machine that is Grant Holt. Without him we would still be stuck in the bowels of the lower divisions of the football league that is of course if the club remained solvent![/quote]Can I assume you''re taking the mickey?Please tell me you are.[:|]

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I kept my rebate money. Not ashamed of that fact. It''s easy for people to sit back now and have a go at people like myself for that, but why shouldn''t have kept my rebate money?! It came in handy, the club had just been relegated, I''d been a season ticket holder for seven years at that point so the club had had plenty of my money already.

I stand by my decision.[/quote]

Completely agree. I took mine too, not because i needed the money but as a mini, personal protest at how the club was being run and the manager in charge. Appointing Gunn was a reckless decision.

Glad I did, looks like I''ll need it for Chelsea!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="rainbow"][quote user="Dicky"]Interesting article whereby Gunn puts a lot of our recent success down to the money we had available due to those season ticket holders who didn''t claim their rebate.

Our donations certainly made the difference when it came to the most important factor of all, the buying of the goal machine that is Grant Holt. Without him we would still be stuck in the bowels of the lower divisions of the football league that is of course if the club remained solvent![/quote]Can I assume you''re taking the mickey?Please tell me you are.[:|][/quote]

Morty, out of interest, are you a season ticket holder? If you are and were at the time, did you take your rebate?

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="morty"][quote user="rainbow"][quote user="Dicky"]Interesting article whereby Gunn puts a lot of our recent success down to the money we had available due to those season ticket holders who didn''t claim their rebate.

Our donations certainly made the difference when it came to the most important factor of all, the buying of the goal machine that is Grant Holt. Without him we would still be stuck in the bowels of the lower divisions of the football league that is of course if the club remained solvent![/quote]Can I assume you''re taking the mickey?Please tell me you are.[:|][/quote]

Morty, out of interest, are you a season ticket holder? If you are and were at the time, did you take your rebate?[/quote]I have been a season ticket holder for about 10 years, my two kids have been season ticket holders for maybe 4 years.I claimed the rebate on my ticket and let the club have the ones for the kids tickets.Take from that what you will.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Dicky"][quote user="morty"][quote user="rainbow"][quote user="Dicky"]Interesting article whereby Gunn puts a lot of our recent success down to the money we had available due to those season ticket holders who didn''t claim their rebate. I remember at the time certain posters branding us that didn''t take up the rebate, idiots, Delia lovers etc. Just wondered if those that were so vocal about taking the rebates have seen the error of their ways and are prepared to say so?[/quote] Fair point Dicky, thank god those of us who decided that it was crucial to help our almost bancrupt club in its hour of need came good. Our donations certainly made the difference when it came to the most important factor of all, the buying of the goal machine that is Grant Holt. Without him we would still be stuck in the bowels of the lower divisions of the football league that is of course if the club remained solvent![/quote]

Can I assume you''re taking the mickey?

Please tell me you are.

[:|]
[/quote] Morty, out of interest, are you a season ticket holder? If you are and were at the time, did you take your rebate?[/quote]

I have been a season ticket holder for about 10 years, my two kids have been season ticket holders for maybe 4 years.

I claimed the rebate on my ticket and let the club have the ones for the kids tickets.

Take from that what you will.

[:)]
[/quote]

Well it''s clear then - your kids are better fans than you are! You should hang your head in shame Morty while your kids should be proud in the knowledge that they helped fund the transfer of Grant Holt. Or was it Rhoys Wiggins bad knee they funded?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Dicky"][quote user="morty"][quote user="rainbow"][quote user="Dicky"]Interesting article whereby Gunn puts a lot of our recent success down to the money we had available due to those season ticket holders who didn''t claim their rebate. I remember at the time certain posters branding us that didn''t take up the rebate, idiots, Delia lovers etc. Just wondered if those that were so vocal about taking the rebates have seen the error of their ways and are prepared to say so?[/quote] Fair point Dicky, thank god those of us who decided that it was crucial to help our almost bancrupt club in its hour of need came good. Our donations certainly made the difference when it came to the most important factor of all, the buying of the goal machine that is Grant Holt. Without him we would still be stuck in the bowels of the lower divisions of the football league that is of course if the club remained solvent![/quote]Can I assume you''re taking the mickey?Please tell me you are.[:|][/quote] Morty, out of interest, are you a season ticket holder? If you are and were at the time, did you take your rebate?[/quote]I have been a season ticket holder for about 10 years, my two kids have been season ticket holders for maybe 4 years.I claimed the rebate on my ticket and let the club have the ones for the kids tickets.Take from that what you will.[:)][/quote]

Well it''s clear then - your kids are better fans than you are! You should hang your head in shame Morty while your kids should be proud in the knowledge that they helped fund the transfer of Grant Holt. Or was it Rhoys Wiggins bad knee they funded?

[/quote]Lol, I pay for the season tickets, so it was my decision.I actually couldn''t decide at the time, so it was a bit of fence sitting.[:)]

Let''s be clear about what happened back then. Those of us who renewed early did so with the understanding that there would be a lower price should the club be relegated. It was only a rebate if the Championship price was paid "up front". Those who paid on DD just had the payments adjusted for the League One price.

The decision to offer two prices was made by the executive management at that time. After relegation the executive management were effectively sacked. Before any replacements had been appointed Michael Foulger made his generous offer to match any match those who paid over the odds for their season tickets. Well done to those who did and well done to him. But lets be clear, in both cases it was a donation to funds. I didn''t donate any more and paid the League One price for League One football.

We now have new people running the club and I rather suspect the new executive management would never have offered  two prices. It was yet another poor decision made at the time. I doubt season ticket sales would have dropped by more than 20% if there had been no reduction.

Well done to those who donated money back to the club but please don''t rewrite what happened. It was never anything more than a pricing structure for those who booked early, dependent on what league we were in the next season.

And, I''ll add, we''d been watching utter dross for about 5 years with no reward for our thousands that we invested into buying a season ticket, so I think we had a right to claim a bit back don''t you?

If we''d have known what was to come it would have been different but at the time it looked like we were only heading one way and it wasn''t up.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Move on everybody and get over the rebate issue as Wigan is on the horizon.

[/quote]Er, weren''t you the voice of NCISA at the time who was calling for fans to take the rebate? Now you want people to forget it! No wonder Crafty and Tangy have put you in charge of the Lunatic Tendency! [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Move on everybody and get over the rebate issue as Wigan is on the horizon.

[/quote]Er, weren''t you the voice of NCISA at the time who was calling for fans to take the rebate? Now you want people to forget it! No wonder Crafty and Tangy have put you in charge of the Lunatic Tendency! [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I thought that the non rebate claimers were given credit for assisting with the purchase of the legend Grant Holt which if that is how certain sections of the support wish to view it i have no problem with.However where did the money come from to finance the signings of Ruddy,Surman,Whitbread,Ward,Barnett,Tierney,R,Martin,JacksonFox,Crofts etc etc etc.? These are the players who contributed to our rapid change in fortunes and in my mind .[/quote]

Re the players signed last season and the add on re R. Martin etc.:

More likely the extra TV revenue from being in the Championship, the Premiership solidarity payments and the extra amount from season tickets with no rebate last season. Coupled to having another holiday from servicing the debts last season.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

Comrade Lapdog (member of the Lunatic Tendency),

He''s your leader!

[quote user="jeagle"]I took mine, purely as I didn''t agree with the manager who would be spending the money at the time. [/quote]

Quite right to do so given:

If I remember correctly the last Annual Report of NCFC referred to £450k being used to pay off players and £100k compensation to Gunn for loss of office.

Then there were rumours that  the transfer fees for Whalley was £150k and £250k (on promotion) for Tudor Jones.

Add that to the wages of Maric, McVeigh, Whalley, Tudor Jones, Hughes, etc.

Would you say the rebates and Mr. Foulgers matching funds were wisely used?

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

It would seem to me that the lunatic tendency is off the leash and busy deleting threads and posts incorporating all but the mildest banter - without even the decency to send automated email notifications.

Sad. Very sad.

OTBC

[quote user="Dicky"]  Our donations certainly made the difference when it came to the most important factor of all, the buying of the goal machine that is Grant Holt. [/quote]

I refer you to the post above where it could be argued that the money was poured down the drain..............

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I thought that the non rebate claimers were given credit for assisting with the purchase of the legend Grant Holt which if that is how certain sections of the support wish to view it i have no problem with.However where did the money come from to finance the signings of Ruddy,Surman,Whitbread,Ward,Barnett,Tierney,R,Martin,JacksonFox,Crofts etc etc etc.? These are the players who contributed to our rapid change in fortunes and in my mind .[/quote]

Re the players signed last season and the add on re R. Martin etc.:

More likely the extra TV revenue from being in the Championship, the Premiership solidarity payments and the extra amount from season tickets with no rebate last season. Coupled to having another holiday from servicing the debts last season.

[/quote]

---

No explanation of how the club has been able to fund Lambert''s transfer spending makes any kind of sense if it doesn''t include the £3.4m provided by Foulger since May 2009.

I claimed my rebate......and had a jolly fun time with it as well.....

Do I ever feel guilty about it?......Certainly not.....