Sign in to follow this  
wess right foot

Just been in ticket office....

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Smudger"]The majority of those over 65 and under 21 contribute less in the way of finance for the opportunity to watch football at Carrow Road though.  Even those over 65 who are still working full time and earning a considerable amount (as well as possibly receiving a pension and having paid off their mortgage), plus 18 to 21 year olds living at home and spending every night of the week shovelling alco pops sown their knecks are included in these cheapo tickets that mugs like you and me are expected to subsidise for them.

Just saying that there are many things that people don''t consider and that the club will be walking a thin line by putting prices up much further in the future - especially if they continue to subsidise young supporters, or others that would refuse to pay anywhere near what the club is expecting a single male/or female between the ages of 21 and 65 to pay currently.

[/quote]Why not take it a stage further smudger. Why not refuse admission to those claiming JSA? Clearly these people are not looking for work while they''re attending football matches (particularly those who attend midweek away games) and secondly, this would free up seats for the WORKING classes who you suggest should get priority!

[/quote]

if people on job seekers allowance can afford a casual ticket at carrow road ? then no wonder the country is going to the dogs and whole communitys don''t bother with work ...

Oh dear Lapps.Hypocritical and personal kinda sums you up doesn''t it? [:$]Don''t worry I won''t stoop to your level and will expect an apology next time I see you.

I clearly hit a nerve smudger which is exactly what I intended to do. Let''s look at what you said.....

"the club will be walking a thin line by putting prices up much further in the future - especially if they continue to subsidise young supporters"

As you know, my daughter takes her little boy to games. It won''t be long before his two little brothers want to go too. Under the current pricing structure, she will probably be able to afford to take all three. If you had your way and kids prices were increased by a large amount then she would probably have to stop going. How do you think Luke would feel if Mum said he couldn''t go anymore? And if she carried on taking him and not the others, do you think that would be fair?

And, as for your rant about the over 65''s, are you suggesting they should be means tested before the club decides what to charge them?

I wasn''t having a go at you personally but simply trying to show you that your rants about other fans are ill-considered, unhelpful and just add to the "better fan than you" syndrome.

[quote user="SPANGLES"]

Yes but you can see rather more football for your £60 a month with SKY.

They day will come in the future when every Prem club will be given SKY channel that will show every match. And you''ll be able to buy a SKY ST for your club for say £200.
[/quote]

And you can see competitive Championship football, cricket and other stuff too.  I wonder how long it will be before Formula 1 goes to Sky?

[quote user="paul moy"]If people are willing to pay ridiculous prices then the club will charge them. I refuse to pay more than 30 quid to watch a game of football.  [/quote]

This is what Premiership clubs outside the top 6 or 7 have to be careful about; not pushing the prices up too far that people start to question the value of going to matches.

[quote user="SPANGLES"][quote user="paul moy"]

Season-ticket holders were not paying anything like 28 quid a game in League 1 and didn''t either in the Championship.  To do that, season-tickets would have been almost 650 quid. [:D]

[/quote]

They will be soon.
[/quote]

Look what happened to the lounge prices in the City Stand for the forthcoming season.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Some people will not be happy until the working classes are forced out of football entirely and going to see a football match is more like going to the theatre or visiting a morgue.
[/quote]

The Morgue (aka City) stand is a morgue already. You can hear a pin drop in that stand.

Well if that is what it is then as a casual fan you just have to pick your games.

It does not mean you are less than a fan. I find it hard to pay over 30 quid for a game that has no guarantee of quality.

I also love all other sports such as rugby league (where you are guaranteed excitement), tennis (atp tour and masters), american football (game at wembley) and small football teams (Sheffield FC).

So I try and see the odd game and mix it with other sporting events. I can pay £30+ for these other events cause they are one-offs etc. I do support teams and have travelled a great deal to see them, but NCFC will always be first but I am not paying ridiculous money.

Cheap tickets etc, fine. Doesn''t bother me I can get the odd ticket and thats fine by me. Until they bring back some terracing and a larger capacity that will be the way. But I still know I will go to 5 games a season. But, but this year I leave once more to Asia to live in South Korea. So I will see it all on the tele.

[quote user="Smudger"]The majority of those over 65 and under 21 contribute less in the way of finance for the opportunity to watch football at Carrow Road though.  Even those over 65 who are still working full time and earning a considerable amount (as well as possibly receiving a pension and having paid off their mortgage), plus 18 to 21 year olds living at home and spending every night of the week shovelling alco pops sown their knecks are included in these cheapo tickets that mugs like you and me are expected to subsidise for them.

Just saying that there are many things that people don''t consider and that the club will be walking a thin line by putting prices up much further in the future - especially if they continue to subsidise young supporters, or others that would refuse to pay anywhere near what the club is expecting a single male/or female between the ages of 21 and 65 to pay currently.

[/quote]Why not take it a stage further smudger. Why not refuse admission to those claiming JSA? Clearly these people are not looking for work while they''re attending football matches (particularly those who attend midweek away games) and secondly, this would free up seats for the WORKING classes who you suggest should get priority!

[/quote]

I thought dogs were banned from the ground.......

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

I thought dogs were banned from the ground.......

[/quote]

I thought umbrellas were too....MEGA LOL!

[quote user="Smudger"]Oh dear Lapps.

Hypocritical and personal kinda sums you up doesn''t it? [:$]

Don''t worry I won''t stoop to your level and will expect an apology next time I see you.
[/quote]

The irony of your expectation is not lost on us "fools" "sheep" "dimwits" "idiots" etc Smudger.What do they say about dishing it out but unable to take it?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]The Morgue (aka City) stand is a morgue already. You can hear a pin drop in that stand.

[/quote]Oh dear, is your memory failing you Tangy? You forgot "except Tilly and Mello". [:D]

Maybe it wasn''t true love after all, just infatuation! [^o)]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]I thought dogs were banned from the ground.......

[/quote]I''ll explain what my avatar means one day.....when you''re old enough to understand.....

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]I thought dogs were banned from the ground.......

[/quote]I''ll explain what my avatar means one day.....when you''re old enough to understand.....

[/quote]

He could just ask the other half of the Chuckle Brothers as after all he likes to think that he is the sharpest knife around here.

I clearly hit a nerve smudger which is exactly what I intended to do. Let''s look at what you said.....

"the club will be walking a thin line by putting prices up much further in the future - especially if they continue to subsidise young supporters"

As you know, my daughter takes her little boy to games. It won''t be long before his two little brothers want to go too. Under the current pricing structure, she will probably be able to afford to take all three. If you had your way and kids prices were increased by a large amount then she would probably have to stop going. How do you think Luke would feel if Mum said he couldn''t go anymore? And if she carried on taking him and not the others, do you think that would be fair?

And, as for your rant about the over 65''s, are you suggesting they should be means tested before the club decides what to charge them?

I wasn''t having a go at you personally but simply trying to show you that your rants about other fans are ill-considered, unhelpful and just add to the "better fan than you" syndrome.

[/quote]I suggest that you read what I wrote again Lapps.Your two grandsons are a very long way off from reaching the age of 18 to 21 years of age aren''t they?  If they aren''t then they certainly look good for their age.As for 65 year olds yes they should be means tested.  Some of them are far better off than at least half of the people who subsidise them for many things (not just football).  I won''t go in to what I know about your personal situation there as I wouldn''t stoop as low as you did the other day.PS - I may be claiming JSA, but I manage to pay for my season ticket and outings by selling my body.  Just because you have possibly reached the age where nobody wants yours (whether it is them who are paying for it or vice versa), please don''t take it out on me! [:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Oh dear Lapps.Hypocritical and personal kinda sums you up doesn''t it? [:$]Don''t worry I won''t stoop to your level and will expect an apology next time I see you.[/quote]

The irony of your expectation is not lost on us "fools" "sheep" "dimwits" "idiots" etc Smudger.What do they say about dishing it out but unable to take it?

[/quote]I never get personal with those who I consider friends online though, unlike some Tilly (despite having had numerous occasions when I could''ve chosen to be as nasty as others have been).

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

I suggest that you read what I wrote again Lapps.

Your two grandsons are a very long way off from reaching the age of 18 to 21 years of age aren''t they?  If they aren''t then they certainly look good for their age.

As for 65 year olds yes they should be means tested.  Some of them are far better off than at least half of the people who subsidise them for many things (not just football).  I won''t go in to what I know about your personal situation there as I wouldn''t stoop as low as you did the other day.

PS - I may be claiming JSA, but I manage to pay for my season ticket and outings by selling my body.  Just because you have possibly reached the age where nobody wants yours (whether it is them who are paying for it or vice versa), please don''t take it out on me! [:P]
[/quote]

Not wishing to be critical or controversial, some may claim that other people are paying for your season ticket.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="paul moy"]

Season-ticket holders were not paying anything like 28 quid a game in League 1 and didn''t either in the Championship.  To do that, season-tickets would have been almost 650 quid. [:D]

[/quote]

Well said Paul.

Half of Carrow Road is full of Senior Citizens and those under 21 years of age who pay peanuts for their tickets in comparison with those paying the full whack.  Then we have those who have two or three tickets for the approximate price of one in the family enclosure.

A large proportion of the crowd at Carrow Road pays less than £300 per season to see every home game.

Some people will not be happy until the working classes are forced out of football entirely and going to see a football match is more like going to the theatre or visiting a morgue.
[/quote]

Are you including yourself in that? The recent I ask is that you have used the word beginning with "w".

Look at it as a business, which it surly is.  It''s about supply and demand, Carrow Road is a sell out week after week. The prices will continue to rise until that stops. I personally don''t think there is any sentiment about it, if people are willing to pay the price, charge them that price.   

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Look at it as a business, which it surly is.  It''s about supply and demand, Carrow Road is a sell out week after week. The prices will continue to rise until that stops. I personally don''t think there is any sentiment about it, if people are willing to pay the price, charge them that price.   [/quote]Which people though? The regulars who were sitting in the pissing rain on a Tuesday night when we were getting 15,000 a few short years back or the Johnny come lately  prawn sandwich brigade?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]it''s a sad day when a "family" club like Norwich sells its soul to the Premier league Wh*re and jumps on the ticket bandwagon.£17 for Ajax vs Feyenord in the Dutch Premiership.£25 for the milan Derby in Serie A....£50 for Norwich vs Qpr at Carrow road. when compared to our European cousins have we really come to this? Its a sad day.[/quote]Do these clubs own their grounds or are they only renting them? Makes a huge difference to ticket prices....

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]Well said Paul.Half of Carrow Road is full of Senior Citizens and those under 21 years of age who pay peanuts for their tickets in comparison with those paying the full whack.  Then we have those who have two or three tickets for the approximate price of one in the family enclosure.A large proportion of the crowd at Carrow Road pays less than £300 per season to see every home game.Some people will not be happy until the working classes are forced out of football entirely and going to see a football match is more like going to the theatre or visiting a morgue.[/quote]At which point did you mention 18-21 year old''s Smudge? From what i am reading it just say''s under 21''s so that counts as anyone under 21! Also i happen to send my son to Carrow Park training every week and also have a monthly direct debit to the Norwich City Football Academy so i think i compensate for the small price i pay for my son''s season ticket. Now try stealing one of his wedges in the Nelson when he next see''s you ;-)

[quote user="Team Totty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]Well said Paul.Half of Carrow Road is full of Senior Citizens and those under 21 years of age who pay peanuts for their tickets in comparison with those paying the full whack.  Then we have those who have two or three tickets for the approximate price of one in the family enclosure.A large proportion of the crowd at Carrow Road pays less than £300 per season to see every home game.Some people will not be happy until the working classes are forced out of football entirely and going to see a football match is more like going to the theatre or visiting a morgue.[/quote]At which point did you mention 18-21 year old''s Smudge? From what i am reading it just say''s under 21''s so that counts as anyone under 21! Also i happen to send my son to Carrow Park training every week and also have a monthly direct debit to the Norwich City Football Academy so i think i compensate for the small price i pay for my son''s season ticket. Now try stealing one of his wedges in the Nelson when he next see''s you ;-)[/quote]Before Daddy (Lapps) responded to me and started getting personal.I suggest that you and him take a read of the whole thread and what I wrote again before apologising.This is what I wrote...Some of them may contribute to the atmosphere, but not very many I would suggest.The

majority of those over 65 and under 21
contribute less in the way of

finance for the opportunity to watch football at Carrow Road though. 

Even those over 65 who are still working full time and earning a

considerable amount (as well as possibly receiving a pension and having

paid off their mortgage), plus 18 to 21 year olds living at home and

spending every night of the week shovelling alco pops down their knecks

are included in these cheapo tickets
that mugs like you and me are

expected to subsidise for them.Just saying that there are many

things that people don''t consider and that the club will be walking a

thin line by putting prices up much further in the future - especially

if they continue to subsidise young supporters, or others that would

refuse to pay anywhere near what the club is expecting a single male/or

female between the ages of 21 and 65 to pay currently.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Team Totty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]Well said Paul.Half of Carrow Road is full of Senior Citizens and those under 21 years of age who pay peanuts for their tickets in comparison with those paying the full whack.  Then we have those who have two or three tickets for the approximate price of one in the family enclosure.A large proportion of the crowd at Carrow Road pays less than £300 per season to see every home game.Some people will not be happy until the working classes are forced out of football entirely and going to see a football match is more like going to the theatre or visiting a morgue.[/quote]At which point did you mention 18-21 year old''s Smudge? From what i am reading it just say''s under 21''s so that counts as anyone under 21! Also i happen to send my son to Carrow Park training every week and also have a monthly direct debit to the Norwich City Football Academy so i think i compensate for the small price i pay for my son''s season ticket. Now try stealing one of his wedges in the Nelson when he next see''s you ;-)[/quote]Before Daddy (Lapps) responded to me and started getting personal.I suggest that you and him take a read of the whole thread and what I wrote again before apologising.This is what I wrote...Some of them may contribute to the atmosphere, but not very many I would suggest.The

majority of those over 65 and under 21
contribute less in the way of

finance for the opportunity to watch football at Carrow Road though. 

Even those over 65 who are still working full time and earning a

considerable amount (as well as possibly receiving a pension and having

paid off their mortgage), plus 18 to 21 year olds living at home and

spending every night of the week shovelling alco pops down their knecks

are included in these cheapo tickets
that mugs like you and me are

expected to subsidise for them.Just saying that there are many

things that people don''t consider and that the club will be walking a

thin line by putting prices up much further in the future - especially

if they continue to subsidise young supporters, or others that would

refuse to pay anywhere near what the club is expecting a single male/or

female between the ages of 21 and 65 to pay currently.[/quote]I think you will find that these ''young'' supporters will be the same age as you one day in the not so near future. It comes to everyone at some point. I dont suppose for one minute you were young and wreckless and drinking alcopops everynight? It will be soon your turn to qualify for concessions ;-) No need to get upset about it. I for one would much rather their support at Carrow Road rather then sitting at home with their glory hunting dad''s watching the likes of Man U!

if you were really passionate about your club you wouldnt care what the prices are. we are in the Premiership!!!! deal with it or dont go and watch it on tv instead!!!!! cant believe some people are still moaning about it!!! im a season ticket holder but this is the first time ive been one in the Premiership. And im bloody looking forward to visiting some of the big grounds WHATEVER THE PRICES ARE!!!  

our club has their reasons on why they have increased the prices, umm maybe funding to buy more good players to stable our position in the premiership, i dont mind paying for that. Deal with it!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Team Totty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

Well said Paul.

Half of Carrow Road is full of Senior Citizens and those under 21 years of age who pay peanuts for their tickets in comparison with those paying the full whack.  Then we have those who have two or three tickets for the approximate price of one in the family enclosure.

A large proportion of the crowd at Carrow Road pays less than £300 per season to see every home game.

[/quote]

At which point did you mention 18-21 year old''s Smudge? From what i am reading it just say''s under 21''s so that counts as anyone under 21! Also i happen to send my son to Carrow Park training every week and also have a monthly direct debit to the Norwich City Football Academy so i think i compensate for the small price i pay for my son''s season ticket.

Now try stealing one of his wedges in the Nelson when he next see''s you ;-)
[/quote]

Before Daddy (Lapps) responded to me and started getting personal.

I suggest that you and him take a read of the whole thread and what I wrote again before apologising.

This is what I wrote...

Some of them may contribute to the atmosphere, but not very many I would suggest.

The majority of those over 65 and under 21 contribute less in the way of finance for the opportunity to watch football at Carrow Road though.  Even those over 65 who are still working full time and earning a considerable amount (as well as possibly receiving a pension and having paid off their mortgage), plus 18 to 21 year olds living at home and spending every night of the week shovelling alco pops down their knecks are included in these cheapo tickets that mugs like you and me are expected to subsidise for them.

[/quote]

Excuse me!!! im Under 21 and i certainly do not do that!!!! i have two jobs, work all week, and go out drinking once a week. am i allowed to have fun at my age!! oh sorry its just someone being stereotypical!! Think before you bloody speak!!!! so no not all Under 21s are like what youre saying!! you need to get out more if thats what you are saying about us

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]it''s a sad day when a "family" club like Norwich sells its soul to the Premier league Wh*re and jumps on the ticket bandwagon.£17 for Ajax vs Feyenord in the Dutch Premiership.£25 for the milan Derby in Serie A....£50 for Norwich vs Qpr at Carrow road. when compared to our European cousins have we really come to this? Its a sad day.[/quote]Do these clubs own their grounds or are they only renting them? Makes a huge difference to ticket prices....[/quote]i would think the Amerstdam arena is owned by Ajax. I have no idear re the san siro. Although if Inter and AC both own it then that would explain lower ticket prices maybe?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Woman in the Stands"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]it''s a sad day when a "family" club like Norwich sells its soul to the Premier league Wh*re and jumps on the ticket bandwagon.

£17 for Ajax vs Feyenord in the Dutch Premiership.

£25 for the milan Derby in Serie A....

£50 for Norwich vs Qpr at Carrow road.

when compared to our European cousins have we really come to this? Its a sad day.
[/quote]

Do these clubs own their grounds or are they only renting them? Makes a huge difference to ticket prices....
[/quote]

i would think the Amerstdam arena is owned by Ajax. I have no idear re the san siro. Although if Inter and AC both own it then that would explain lower ticket prices maybe?

[/quote]

These two games didn''t sell out though, the Norwich v QPR game will sell out.

The way European teams keep down ticket prices is by limiting the amount of season tickets thus freeing up many more casual seats. This on average means that fans are paying more per game though.