Sign in to follow this  
wess right foot

Just been in ticket office....

it''s a sad day when a "family" club like Norwich sells its soul to the Premier league Wh*re and jumps on the ticket bandwagon.£17 for Ajax vs Feyenord in the Dutch Premiership.£25 for the milan Derby in Serie A....£50 for Norwich vs Qpr at Carrow road. when compared to our European cousins have we really come to this? Its a sad day.

Comparing to Ibiza, Space, Pacha is rediculous.

You wouldnt go to any of them every week! Ibiza is a 3-4 times in a lifetime job.

City is everyweek!

Personally I''m a bit disappointed even though we have season tickets and shouldn''t be complaining.

I don''t have a suggestion as to what the pricing strategy could have been but it is a big increase which some can afford to pay and some will struggle to pay and the club had an opportunity to say that Norwich is different and instead it has just become one of a long list who perpetuate this overpriced premiership setup.

The hike in away prices will be massive alone and I hope the club appreciate the support they will be getting through fans wallets.

Our first season in the prem I appreciate that the club have not got the income others will have (partly from the huge numbers of season tickets sold at champ prices but also a smaller stadium then the big clubs) but will we be paying the players the ridiculous salaries that the big clubs do? Will we be paying the wages that the big boys do?

Maybe it is sound business practice and building for the future but at the same time as I said it is a missed opportunity.

[quote user="Smudger"]I just hope that some of the sanctimonious individuals on here encounter some financial problems of their own one day.

[/quote]

"You don''t know what you got till it''s gone..."

I had to give up my season ticket due to buying a house, this was after the club got promoted to league 1.I''d give anything to have it again. after having a season ticket for 20 consecutive seasons there isnt a day that goes by where i dont miss it all. Will I ever have a season ticket again? I hope so one day.. but the way it is with Ticket Prices for super members now I really have no idear when i will set foot in Carrow road again... its heart breaking really. the club has sold it''s soul....Watching them on the internet or putting up with the radio is never the same.... th quote The Cure "Maybe, someday"...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]I had to give up my season ticket due to buying a house, this was after the club got promoted to league 1.I''d give anything to have it again. after having a season ticket for 20 consecutive seasons there isnt a day that goes by where i dont miss it all. Will I ever have a season ticket again? I hope so one day.. but the way it is with Ticket Prices for super members now I really have no idear when i will set foot in Carrow road again... its heart breaking really. the club has sold it''s soul....Watching them on the internet or putting up with the radio is never the same.... th quote The Cure "Maybe, someday"...[/quote]I think Jas, they''ll be more heartbroken fans in the future if our success continues.  Greater the success, the greater the ticket increase. 

i guess it all depends on your perspective

i am not concerned about the current level of ticket prices as i accept anything to do with tourism or entertainment in this country is expensive.  i love film but rarely go to the cinema due to the rip off prices of tickets and food/drink.  would much rather pay for my season ticket and get a live action drama once every couple of weeks at Carrow Road.

i would not however, pay up to £50 per month for my mobilephone like a lot of people do or pay £60 per month for ''repeats tv'' like even more do.  i won''t pay for online gaming, or download useless ''applications''.

i guess what i''m saying is that whether or not it''s expensive depends on what you like to spend your money on.  in my opinion, the cost of my season ticket is ok as i''d rather have a season ticket than have an iphone!

we (norwich) were one of the most expensive home tickets in the championship last season, for example sunderland v newcastle price £35 last season the most expensive for that club. Norwich charged a great deal more than a lot of premiership clubs or on par with them, so we shouldnt really complain.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="merson_dim"]Don''t understand how people can compare football to a gig or whatever to justify high prices. You can''t compare them.[/quote]

Of course you can.

I have a ST, but talking from the viewpoint of a casual supporter, it might be that I only went to one or two games a season.  That''s exactly the same sort of ratio as I''d imagine someone going to see their favourite band/show/comedian etc.  If a band at Wembley Arena can charge £50-60 for the privilege of watching them then why can''t NCFC?

Just because there are going to be 19 home games this season doesn''t mean that every single casual supporter will go to each game, consequently the comparison is completely valid.

Talking from a business point of view the club probably realise that with the amount of ST holders we have then increasing casual tickets is the only way to really make promotion to the Premier League worthwhile in regards to ticket sales.  The club have to increase ticket prices to stay competitive and take advantage of something that will be completely oversubscribed for the majority of matches.
[/quote]

You won''t mind then when season tickets work out at 50 quid a game. I think you just might somehow. It''s very easy to say that high prices are justified when you have the comfort of getting a discounted ticket.  

[/quote]

Well if season tickets work out at £50 a game then I''m sure casual prices will be even higher.  Everyone here could have a season ticket if they wanted it, I know some people can''t afford it for various reasons, but it''s not my fault that I have one.  From a sound business point of view casual tickets have to rise to meet demand, and if that means some people are priced out then unfortunately that''s the cost.  It''s not the 1950s anymore, football has changed and unfortunately it''s something we all have to accept, football clubs can only exist if they actually run as successfully as possible.

I also agree with San Miguel, if people stopped taking out ridiculous phone contracts, had a few less pints, or stopped smoking then they might have a little bit more money in the bank.  It''s about priorities as well, and I bet there are people moaning on here who quite happily spend upwards of £20 a week on cigarettes.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="merson_dim"]Don''t understand how people can compare football to a gig or whatever to justify high prices. You can''t compare them.[/quote]Of course you can.I have a ST, but talking from the viewpoint of a casual supporter, it might be that I only went to one or two games a season.  That''s exactly the same sort of ratio as I''d imagine someone going to see their favourite band/show/comedian etc.  If a band at Wembley Arena can charge £50-60 for the privilege of watching them then why can''t NCFC?Just because there are going to be 19 home games this season doesn''t mean that every single casual supporter will go to each game, consequently the comparison is completely valid.Talking from a business point of view the club probably realise that with the amount of ST holders we have then increasing casual tickets is the only way to really make promotion to the Premier League worthwhile in regards to ticket sales.  The club have to increase ticket prices to stay competitive and take advantage of something that will be completely oversubscribed for the majority of matches.[/quote]

You won''t mind then when season tickets work out at 50 quid a game. I think you just might somehow. It''s very easy to say that high prices are justified when you have the comfort of getting a discounted ticket.  

[/quote]Maybe he will mind when he finds himself sitting in a half empty stadium when playing the likes of Wigan and Bolton at home?Like I said it is a fine dividing line between ambition and drastic overpricing.It is easy to see why we have many very ordinary players moving around for millions of pounds and becoming multi millionaires from very little talent these days with so many idiots prepared to throw money around willy nilly.

There are plenty of people around this area that can afford these prices! We will never have an empty stadium we were paying £28 in league 1 and still sold out! Moan Moan Moan as normal !!!!

Season-ticket holders were not paying anything like 28 quid a game in League 1 and didn''t either in the Championship.  To do that, season-tickets would have been almost 650 quid. [:D]

[quote user="paul moy"]

Season-ticket holders were not paying anything like 28 quid a game in League 1 and didn''t either in the Championship.  To do that, season-tickets would have been almost 650 quid. [:D]

[/quote]They will be soon.

[quote user="SPANGLES"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

They will be soon.
[/quote]

You''re absolutely correct, because McNally will read this board and gather that season-tickets holders are willing to pay whatever he will ask. If they are advocating 50 quid for casuals then they must accept what will follow.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]Well said Paul.Half of Carrow Road is full of Senior Citizens and those under 21 years of age who pay peanuts for their tickets in comparison with those paying the full whack.  Then we have those who have two or three tickets for the approximate price of one in the family enclosure.A large proportion of the crowd at Carrow Road pays less than £300 per season to see every home game.Some people will not be happy until the working classes are forced out of football entirely and going to see a football match is more like going to the theatre or visiting a morgue.

So let me get this right.

You and only you are the preferred target audience of Norwich City Football Club.

Under 21''s, senior citizens and families do not contribute to any of the atmosphere at Carrow Road.

is that what you are saying?

[quote user="Smudger"]

Half of Carrow Road is full of Senior Citizens and those under 21 years of age who pay peanuts for their tickets in comparison with those paying the full whack.  Then we have those who have two or three tickets for the approximate price of one in the family enclosure.

[/quote]

I recall back in the days of the SCG at one meeting Doomcaster stated that over 11,000 season tickets are concessions of one sort or another.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Smudger"]

Half of Carrow Road is full of Senior Citizens and those under 21 years of age who pay peanuts for their tickets in comparison with those paying the full whack.  Then we have those who have two or three tickets for the approximate price of one in the family enclosure.

[/quote]

I recall back in the days of the SCG at one meeting Doomcaster stated that over 11,000 season tickets are concessions of one sort or another.

[/quote]

---

In May 2010 Bowkett said 50 per cent of season tickets were sold on some kind of concession, and he mused about whether it was right for him, as someone who would soon be 60, to have an OAP concession. Since then, of course, the OAP age has been raised from 60 to 65.

[quote user="Wings of a Wizard"]So let me get this right.

You and only you are the preferred target audience of Norwich City Football Club.

Under 21''s, senior citizens and families do not contribute to any of the atmosphere at Carrow Road.

is that what you are saying?[/quote]Some of them may contribute to the atmosphere, but not very many I would suggest.The majority of those over 65 and under 21 contribute less in the way of finance for the opportunity to watch football at Carrow Road though.  Even those over 65 who are still working full time and earning a considerable amount (as well as possibly receiving a pension and having paid off their mortgage), plus 18 to 21 year olds living at home and spending every night of the week shovelling alco pops sown their knecks are included in these cheapo tickets that mugs like you and me are expected to subsidise for them.Just saying that there are many things that people don''t consider and that the club will be walking a thin line by putting prices up much further in the future - especially if they continue to subsidise young supporters, or others that would refuse to pay anywhere near what the club is expecting a single male/or female between the ages of 21 and 65 to pay currently.

My thoughts? I am not in anyway surprised at those prices. I was having a conversation with my mate the other day about what casual ticket prices would be next season and I forsaw prices around those you mentioned.It''s supply and demand. There is plenty of demand so the club can afford to put prices that high.Whilst we are talking about ticket prices if we stay up this season I am predicting a significant hike in season ticket prices for the season 2012/13. I can see it coming and there being alot of discontentment, BUT whilst there are a couple of thousand on the waiting list the season ticket sales will continue to grow.

It would be impossible to please everyone.

As far as I can remember there have always been concessions for under 16''s and over 65''s.

I guess in the good old bad old days, school attenders and people of a pensionable age were always given concessions because statistically these would be the lowest income groups.

Don''t forget in the not so distant past it was very hard to fill Carrow Road on a regular basis and so therefore all sorts of ideas were tried to encourage fans new and old to attend (kids for a quid, family tickets etc, etc.)

However times have changed. Times are good again at CR and for the foreseeable future we won''t have any trouble filling the ground.

You''re right, the ground has lacked in atmosphere over the last few years although as well as the kids and old boys and girls this also has a lot do do with all seater stadia.

We all enjoy different experiences from our day out at Carrow Road, and for me, never more so when the ground is full to capacity and everybody is up for it.

Lets not start in this old chestnut of atmospheres and so on!

Like I said before this myth that back in the day all the crowd was singing and rocking is complate bull!

Apart from a very amount of occasions the City stand and the south stand side have always been the quiet areas!

Unfortunately for casuals while demand is high then casual prices will be priced accordingly. Only if the club had thousands of empty seats at every game would the club consider dropping prices!

I expect a season ticket price increase should we stay up but will be disapointed if we still get an increase if we go down!

[quote user="SPANGLES"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]I had to give up my season ticket due to buying a house, this was after the club got promoted to league 1.I''d give anything to have it again. after having a season ticket for 20 consecutive seasons there isnt a day that goes by where i dont miss it all. Will I ever have a season ticket again? I hope so one day.. but the way it is with Ticket Prices for super members now I really have no idear when i will set foot in Carrow road again... its heart breaking really. the club has sold it''s soul....Watching them on the internet or putting up with the radio is never the same.... th quote The Cure "Maybe, someday"...[/quote]I think Jas, they''ll be more heartbroken fans in the future if our success continues.  Greater the success, the greater the ticket increase.  [/quote]i agreeif the country joined the Euro i think it would see a decrease in ticket prices as we would all expect to pay the same for games here as we could in spain, italy etc...

[quote user="Smudger"]The majority of those over 65 and under 21 contribute less in the way of finance for the opportunity to watch football at Carrow Road though.  Even those over 65 who are still working full time and earning a considerable amount (as well as possibly receiving a pension and having paid off their mortgage), plus 18 to 21 year olds living at home and spending every night of the week shovelling alco pops sown their knecks are included in these cheapo tickets that mugs like you and me are expected to subsidise for them.

Just saying that there are many things that people don''t consider and that the club will be walking a thin line by putting prices up much further in the future - especially if they continue to subsidise young supporters, or others that would refuse to pay anywhere near what the club is expecting a single male/or female between the ages of 21 and 65 to pay currently.

[/quote]Why not take it a stage further smudger. Why not refuse admission to those claiming JSA? Clearly these people are not looking for work while they''re attending football matches (particularly those who attend midweek away games) and secondly, this would free up seats for the WORKING classes who you suggest should get priority!

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Why not refuse admission to those claiming JSA?[/quote]

Cant imagine that many people who are out of work and  claiming jsa can afford a season ticket or matchday ticket anyway can they?

Although not sure how much jsa is per month??

Yet again smudge sees only one side of the coin (his selfish side). He would freeze out the youngsters so we would have a tiny amount of adults attending in the future and he would also kick those who have supported NCFC all their lives (spending thousands whilst doing so) where it hurts.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="SPANGLES"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]I had to give up my season ticket due to buying a house, this was after the club got promoted to league 1.

I''d give anything to have it again. after having a season ticket for 20 consecutive seasons there isnt a day that goes by where i dont miss it all. Will I ever have a season ticket again? I hope so one day.. but the way it is with Ticket Prices for super members now I really have no idear when i will set foot in Carrow road again... its heart breaking really. the club has sold it''s soul....

Watching them on the internet or putting up with the radio is never the same....

th quote The Cure "Maybe, someday"...
[/quote]

I think Jas, they''ll be more heartbroken fans in the future if our success continues.  Greater the success, the greater the ticket increase. 
[/quote]

i agree

if the country joined the Euro i think it would see a decrease in ticket prices as we would all expect to pay the same for games here as we could in spain, italy etc...
[/quote]

Join the Euro? You''re kidding, we may actually be out of the EU altogether by the end of the year.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="SPANGLES"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]I had to give up my season ticket due to buying a house, this was after the club got promoted to league 1.

I''d give anything to have it again. after having a season ticket for 20 consecutive seasons there isnt a day that goes by where i dont miss it all. Will I ever have a season ticket again? I hope so one day.. but the way it is with Ticket Prices for super members now I really have no idear when i will set foot in Carrow road again... its heart breaking really. the club has sold it''s soul....

Watching them on the internet or putting up with the radio is never the same....

th quote The Cure "Maybe, someday"...
[/quote]

I think Jas, they''ll be more heartbroken fans in the future if our success continues.  Greater the success, the greater the ticket increase. 
[/quote]

i agree

if the country joined the Euro i think it would see a decrease in ticket prices as we would all expect to pay the same for games here as we could in spain, italy etc...
[/quote]

Join the Euro? You''re kidding, we may actually be out of the EU altogether by the end of the year.

[/quote]

One lives in hope. [Y]

[quote user="First Wazzock"]ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

[/quote]Ha! Wazzy has bought an Australian keyboard! [:D]