Sign in to follow this  
wess right foot

Just been in ticket office....

Just been in ticket office to hand in chelsea application form and over heard what our prices are going to be for this season....they will be starting at the highest price from last season £33?? to £45 thoughts?!?

too right, should start higher than that. As I have said before we are a business and should charge what other teams are.

Spot on McNally, no more little Norwich. Have fun listening on the radio

[quote user="Paul"]too right, should start higher than that. As I have said before we are a business and should charge what other teams are. Spot on McNally, no more little Norwich. Have fun listening on the radio[/quote]

Which is fair enough, but expect Season Tickets to be bought in line, especially if we stay up and the waiting list remains....

Won''t they offer 2 prices like they did before (from memory again so dont shoot me)

If we stay in the premiership they will price it at X and if we are in the championship next season it will be charged at Y. To reflect the quality of matches on offer.

Or if renewed early keep it static.. lots of options im sure i wouldn''t worry about next season, its all about this season!

OTBC!

Would you rather pay £25 to go watch Scunthorpe vs Norwich or £50 to watch Chelsea vs Norwich. I''d probably rather the latter.

I wonder how many posters moaning about ticket prices also moaned about the club not upping the bid for Snodgrass.......[;)]

Maybe the board are being clever. We only have 2,000 normal tickets available and 3,000 away fans, who should be used to paying that amount so we make more money as we have too much demand for the supply. If we were to stay up, get an expansion, say, 35,000. Then drop the prices slightly and fans will think it''s a bargain and we will again get full houses. Abit over the top, I know, but it''s a good business plan.

IIRC people renewing on the last deadline (after we got promoted) the original price given back in December had gone up anout £50 or so??

I would happily pay another £50-£100 a season if it meant we were in the top flight

[quote user="Beauseant"]I wonder how many posters moaning about ticket prices also moaned about the club not upping the bid for Snodgrass.......[;)][/quote]

Exactly!

Its 60euros to get into Space/Pacha Ibiza, £55-£80 for a day pass at a small-ish festival (Love Box/Latitude/T-in the park), £40-£60 to see "random" band/comedian in your typical venue...so I''d say the new prices are in line with other premier events.

although football is still a sport, watching it is part of the entertainment business.

I bet the people who moan about the increase still pay Murdoch and Co £60 a month for the privilege of watching Stoke v Fulham

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Would you rather pay £25 to go watch Scunthorpe vs Norwich or £50 to watch Chelsea vs Norwich. I''d probably rather the latter.[/quote]Depends on the type of supporter you are.Some go to see City whoever they play. Some it seems put more stock into the opposition.  Plus playing Chelsea etc doesn''t guarantee a better game.  All it guarantees is paying a lot more to see over paid show ponies.  Going by MOTD and SS, there''s been plenty of woeful boring matches in the Prem.  I''m not saying you won''t get a good game for £50, just no guarantee for the extra outlay. 

Don''t understand how people can compare football to a gig or whatever to justify high prices. You can''t compare them.

[quote user="spencer 1970"][quote user="Beauseant"]I wonder how many posters moaning about ticket prices also moaned about the club not upping the bid for Snodgrass.......[;)][/quote]

Exactly!

Its 60euros to get into Space/Pacha Ibiza, £55-£80 for a day pass at a small-ish festival (Love Box/Latitude/T-in the park), £40-£60 to see "random" band/comedian in your typical venue...so I''d say the new prices are in line with other premier events.

although football is still a sport, watching it is part of the entertainment business.

I bet the people who moan about the increase still pay Murdoch and Co £60 a month for the privilege of watching Stoke v Fulham[/quote]Yes but you can see rather more football for your £60 a month with SKY.They day will come in the future when every Prem club will be given SKY channel that will show every match. And you''ll be able to buy a SKY ST for your club for say £200.

"Yes but you can see rather more football for your £60 a month with SKY".

...agreed, but its not going to be my football team is it? Maybe once every two months. I personally dont care about watching Stoke V Fulham.

I''m not a big fan of Tele, including football on tele, especially on Sky...I''d rather go and see a live band/act or go to an over-priced nightclub.

"Don''t understand how people can compare football to a gig or whatever to justify high prices. You can''t compare them."

...you obviously went to see Rod Stewart then?!

Why do people offer up watching games on sky as being some sort of equal alternative to not watching games in the flesh? Even if every Norwich game was on tv I would never imagine just not bothering paying to go even if it was cheaper than a season ticket. Its completely different going to the games, you get the atmosphere and more importantly you can see the whole game, all the players and how the team is working together. All that is lost on TV where the focus of the lense is on the ball and not on how the players are working together when not in possession or not on the ball.

Plus I''d be disappointed with the club if they offered tickets way below the market rate for the league, as we would just be damaging ourselves by limiting our revenue potential. With the demand being so high for such limited supply of casual tickets its absolutely right to charge high, not doing so would be madness. Its the price of success, the same fans who are angry at the high prices would be angry paying league one prices as it means the club were playing sh*te.

The person who mentioned space ibiza and festivals as an equivalent what a joke. They are one off events while watching you team through a season is a weekly thing trust me even the biggest party goers can''t afford space in ibiza every saturday. Prices ridicules 40 quid max.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]The person who mentioned space ibiza and festivals as an equivalent what a joke. They are one off events while watching you team through a season is a weekly thing trust me even the biggest party goers can''t afford space in ibiza every saturday. Prices ridicules 40 quid max.[/quote]

What ever the price of S/T will rise to I can''t see the club dumping the D/D payment,so if they increase mine to a further £100 thats only a few extra £s a month so  I ask where is the problem. 

[quote user="Rob Sims"]Won''t they offer 2 prices like they did before (from memory again so dont shoot me) If we stay in the premiership they will price it at X and if we are in the championship next season it will be charged at Y. To reflect the quality of matches on offer. Or if renewed early keep it static.. lots of options im sure i wouldn''t worry about next season, its all about this season! OTBC![/quote]

So you mean they will offer a rebate like when we went from the Championship to Division One[;)]

I just hope that some of the sanctimonious individuals on here encounter some financial problems of their own one day.It is a fine dividing line between showing the kind of ambition that many fans crave for us and over charging.  Norwich and Norfolk on the whole is hardly the a hub of economic wealth now is it?

If people are willing to pay ridiculous prices then the club will charge them. I refuse to pay more than 30 quid to watch a game of football. Perhaps I''ll just have to wait until I get to 65, relegation or the inevitable wage cap before I can pay a more reasonable price.  

[quote user="merson_dim"]Don''t understand how people can compare football to a gig or whatever to justify high prices. You can''t compare them.[/quote]Of course you can.I have a ST, but talking from the viewpoint of a casual supporter, it might be that I only went to one or two games a season.  That''s exactly the same sort of ratio as I''d imagine someone going to see their favourite band/show/comedian etc.  If a band at Wembley Arena can charge £50-60 for the privilege of watching them then why can''t NCFC?Just because there are going to be 19 home games this season doesn''t mean that every single casual supporter will go to each game, consequently the comparison is completely valid.Talking from a business point of view the club probably realise that with the amount of ST holders we have then increasing casual tickets is the only way to really make promotion to the Premier League worthwhile in regards to ticket sales.  The club have to increase ticket prices to stay competitive and take advantage of something that will be completely oversubscribed for the majority of matches.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="merson_dim"]Don''t understand how people can compare football to a gig or whatever to justify high prices. You can''t compare them.[/quote]

Of course you can.

I have a ST, but talking from the viewpoint of a casual supporter, it might be that I only went to one or two games a season.  That''s exactly the same sort of ratio as I''d imagine someone going to see their favourite band/show/comedian etc.  If a band at Wembley Arena can charge £50-60 for the privilege of watching them then why can''t NCFC?

Just because there are going to be 19 home games this season doesn''t mean that every single casual supporter will go to each game, consequently the comparison is completely valid.

Talking from a business point of view the club probably realise that with the amount of ST holders we have then increasing casual tickets is the only way to really make promotion to the Premier League worthwhile in regards to ticket sales.  The club have to increase ticket prices to stay competitive and take advantage of something that will be completely oversubscribed for the majority of matches.
[/quote]

You won''t mind then when season tickets work out at 50 quid a game. I think you just might somehow. It''s very easy to say that high prices are justified when you have the comfort of getting a discounted ticket.  

[quote user="UEA Canary"]Why do people offer up watching games on sky as being some sort of equal alternative to not watching games in the flesh? Even if every Norwich game was on tv I would never imagine just not bothering paying to go even if it was cheaper than a season ticket. Its completely different going to the games, you get the atmosphere and more importantly you can see the whole game, all the players and how the team is working together. All that is lost on TV where the focus of the lense is on the ball and not on how the players are working together when not in possession or not on the ball.

Plus I''d be disappointed with the club if they offered tickets way below the market rate for the league, as we would just be damaging ourselves by limiting our revenue potential. With the demand being so high for such limited supply of casual tickets its absolutely right to charge high, not doing so would be madness. Its the price of success, the same fans who are angry at the high prices would be angry paying league one prices as it means the club were playing sh*te.[/quote]I was suggesting chucking in watching live for the sake of it.  I''m coming from the point of view that if tickets get to the point where many individuals and families say ''I just can''t afford it''.  SKY is the only alternative.  I''m no expert but I''m sure now there are many supporters now who forgo holidays etc for their STs