Sign in to follow this  
JJ

Cambridge United 2 - Ipswich Town 2

Went to see this friendly last night and was very surprised. They played basically a first team and honestly i could not see any gulf of class and quality in play. Wierd as they are playing a quite weak (lets face it) Blue Square team.

I understand it was only a friendly but it seems Ipswich have been on the decline for a while now. I can see a relegation battle next season for them easily. whilst most of us would welcome a league 1 position for Ipswich i believe that a strong local rival is a good thing because it pushes us to play better than them.

It''s early pre-season, don''t read too much into it. They were probably trying new things out and experimenting. start judging them after a few competitive games

I went to the game as well mate, good value price only £8 for me.

Anyway yeah, I completely agree whilst Ipswich threatened to score the winner (particularly at the end) Cambridge had a lot of chances e.g the header just over, the curling shot which almost went in and they also hit the cross bar.

Chopra was the Scums standout player (as you''d expect I guess?) player but this doesnt say much as Ellington and Scotland (who both played along side Chopra- Ellington came on for Scotland if i recall correctly) were awful.

There was absolutely no gulf in class between the two. If I were a scummer (perish the thought!) I would be worried about next season.

Oh and just an OT their absolutely ridiculous ''hark now hear the Ipswich sang when Norwich ran away song'' really started to p**s me off... as I told my Norwich supporting mate who came with me ''if running away is thrashing them 5-1 then fine''....

We''ll be the pride of Anglia for a few years to come [Y]

"i believe that a strong local rival is a good thing because it pushes us to play better than them"

absolute rubbish

i doubt most City players give a flying **** for the paupers, nor do I believe that Lambert uses their success or lack of it as any form of motivation.

In fact the last two seasons have been very successful for us while the paupers have had a couple of their worst. Like wise the season we went down they did ok. it matters nothing other than to fans.

As to the binners last night it is early days but it should not come as any surprise if they struggle next season. A buncvh of aged hasbeens is not going to achievbe much bar keeping them up.

As to the chants I had the misfotune to watch a game at poorman road last season and any noise that did come out of the north stand seemed to be predominately anti Norwich. Fine that''s rivalry for you, but a bit of support for their own club would not have gome amisss. Sadly the club now seems infected with an outbreak of over excited young chavs, who appear to think it''s still the 1970''s and attacking waste bins and kicking doors is a show of stength. Still, it must provide a welcome break from watching the dire sh!te on offer at poorman road I suppose.

Its an opinion not fact. If i post on this message board i can only be sure that my opinions will be greeted to hate and personal cruel comments, i therefore try to avoid it.

I just believe that if we are doing worse than ipswich then the club is subjected to more criticism from fans and that is going to promote change

"Its an opinion not fact"

Why not try and base your opinions on fact, that might help to avoid ridicule

[quote user="City1st"]"Its an opinion not fact" Why not try and base your opinions on fact, that might help to avoid ridicule[/quote]

Like your fact that the game on Saturday in Germany is behind closed doors when that was changed to a public game ? Stop having a go at anyone with a different opinion to yours

Facts, eh ?

The announcement of a change was made after I posted the stuff about ''the game on Saturday in Germany '' (two days AFTER, in fact).

The original post was taken directly from the club''s website and was correct at the time of posting.

Maybe you might care to reflect on what is opinion and what is fact.

[quote user="City1st"]Facts, eh ? The announcement of a change was made after I posted the stuff about ''the game on Saturday in Germany '' (two days AFTER, in fact). The original post was taken directly from the club''s website and was correct at the time of posting. Maybe you might care to reflect on what is opinion and what is fact.[/quote]

It was announced Tuesday night ???? did not even know it was on the club website. The time lapse must have meant your posts dont show for 24 hours. The reason for my post was that you were having yet another go at a supporter that had a different opinion to yourself.  

What on earth are you rambling on about ?

On Monday at 11.11pm, I posted up some information (from the club website) regarding the games in Germany.

On Wednesday night the club announced changes to those arrangements.

On Thursday you come on here bleating about ''facts'' and claiming that I posted up incorrect facts.

I would have thought a child of three could have worked out the flaw in your argument.

As to the more idiotic claim that I was ''having a go'' at the OP by refering to his post as ''absolute rubbish'' then I can only leave anyone reading this thread to work out what reply I would think appropriate to your posts.

ps feel free to point out in my two posts where I was ''having a go'' at the OP.

to be fair to Ipswich (i know.. i know..!) you cant read too much into a pre season game at this stage.. although you can take individual form into the start of the season results don''t matter so much as teams try players in different formations, try different formations completely or generally tinker.still.. if the binmen were really bad lets enjoy it more!