Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Stop right now!

I noticed people are already lambasting Lambert for not signing another CB with one person claiming "we''ve underspent again". It''s an absolute disgrace. Surely we needed a right-back more than a centre-backas we have one senior RB who is no more likely to hack it in the Prem than Barnett, De Laet, Tierney, Ward, Whitbread or Drury but there are more of them so it more than likely a number of them will be comfortable at this level.It''s an absolute disgrace to question Lambert''s motives and signings and the boards ambitions and I for one will fully back Lambert even if we are struggling at the bottom of the table this season.So stop moaning and get behind your club.

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Wizard"]I noticed people are already lambasting Lambert for not signing another CB with one person claiming "we''ve underspent again". It''s an absolute disgrace. Surely we needed a right-back more than a centre-backas we have one senior RB who is no more likely to hack it in the Prem than Barnett, De Laet, Tierney, Ward, Whitbread or Drury but there are more of them so it more than likely a number of them will be comfortable at this level.

It''s an absolute disgrace to question Lambert''s motives and signings and the boards ambitions and I for one will fully back Lambert even if we are struggling at the bottom of the table this season.

So stop moaning and get behind your club.
[/quote]

[Y]

I may be wrong, but I think Naughton can also play left-back as a secondary option?

If that''s right, it means we''ve got players who can/have played (admittedly, some at a push) in the following positions:

RB - R.Martin, Naughton, De Laet, K.Smith, Francomb, Bennett

LB - Tierney, Drury, R.Martin, Naughton, Lappin, Surman

CB - Barnett, Ward, Whitbread, De Laet, R.Martin

Plenty of defensive cover I think, as any more signings in this area could be over-kill. I would like an extra goalkeeper though, with Ruddy as first choice.

Stop right now! thank you very much...........sorry wrong thread I thought this was beat the intro.......but back on topic CN1W I agree 100%, this is by far the best prepared we have been in a long time in regards transfers and quality in my opinion, I think some people would love the drama of a hammed together ten to midtnight over priced last minute transfer saga, for me............this will do just fine and dandy.

It is utter madness, Im very happy with how we have spent! lots of young and exciting players and most importantly adressed our lack of strikers and width! I will start to worry if Wigan and Stoke hammer us, but untill we have actual course for concern there is not point getting all worked up!

And Brad Johnson can play LB too.

Well said, the OP, I too am extremely happy with the signings. Like last year, when I did some digging round the internet pre-season to fnd out more about opposing fans''s views of the new signings and was encouraged enough to put some money on at the bookies, the signings that Lambert has made this year have elicited some pretty glowing reports. Even those that haven''t (mainly Johnson) I fully expect Lambert & Culverhouse to work their usual magic on.

The latest newbie, Naughton, comes well recommended by a Leicester fanzine, which reckons he''s very classy. So well done McNasty for apparently hijacking QPR''s move for Naughton while Lambo is in Germany.

The one position I am doubtful about is cover for Ruddy in case he gets injured, but am prepared to give our glorious leader the benefit of the doubt since so far he''s been pretty much an unalloyed genius.

I for one am pretty hopeful that Norwich will be staying up this year.

I think Mr Crofts you are attempting to put up a beach wind break to stop the tsunami of stupidity that gets directed towards the club at times.

I have to agree with the thought that we have not seen the squad put together so effectively for a long, long while. All too often it has seemed like bits and pieces being picked up to see and hope if they would fit in. Mostly we fans crossed our fingers, shouted hurrah and wished for the best.

This time it is different. It looks cold, calculated and determined. We are deciding who we want, and why, and going out to get them. The pieces are falling into place, not being made to fit in place ... if possible.

So as far as the moaners, the whiners and the doubters are concerned I like to be reminded of the words of the late amd much missed Ghandi when he said " **** ''em, **** ''em all "

Least, I think it was Ghandi

It''s a message board, you are going to get people that moan, we don''t need the ''hero'' to make a new thread about people moaning everytime someone does.

I am very happy with our signings would of been nice to bring in a centre back but Lambert doesn''t see the need to buy one at the moment so thats fine by me.

Spot on CN1F!

McNaughton - Great signing, nice one Sir Lambert!. What a load of crap regarding people who are moaning about our defender situation - Bottom line is we have plenty of defenders, and most are versatile across the back line - What part of that do the small minority moaners not get? ? ? ? ?

The period since the new board came in has been the most ambitious our club has been in it`s history (particularly given our financial situation),period. If some people are too stupid to realise that they are beyond help and not worth worrying about. I wouldn`t mind betting Lambert still has a tidy wedge left over for January on top of the superb strengthening he`s already done too....