Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

Mutterings from twitter...

Having examined the tweets of Vaughan and Pilkington from the last few weeks it seems that the pair of them are getting along quite well. That being said there was mention that a few of the new boys had been spending time together, with Johnson and Bennett the others concerned. I thought that this brings up an interesting point regarding the integration of new players. Lambert has stated today that they are integrating well, but I wonder if they are likely to form cliques within the squad, and how that sort of thing might effect the play of the team as a whole, if at all. The four players mentioned are all around the same age, so its only natural for them to spend time with one another anyway, but its obviously important for them to integrate within the wider group as well. Thoughts anyone?

Vaughan and Pilkington are old friends anyway and knew each other well before they came to Norwich.

Given that they''re all probably staying together at Dunston Hall whilst they''re house-hunting it''s natural for them to pal up. I wouldn''t think it''s a big issue. We''ve had previous influxes of players together and it hasn''t hurt the spirit yet.

It''s natural. At this moment in time, the players at the club are known for their ''togetherness'' and have a great ''team spirit'', yet within that group there will always be indvidual friendships which are stronger than others. I believe Vaughan and Pilkington were good friends before they moved here, and at the end of last season, footage showed Lambert joking on how R.Martin and Crofts were inseperbale.

Another reason for having the Germany trip, im sure they are all mixing in well with the squad! its very helpfull that Vaughan and Pilkington know each other for the purpose of helping each other settle. How quickly a player settles into the area can have a real effect upon their performance on the pitch so anything that speeds up that process is going to be benifical! Interesting to see that they are alll going to have to do the singing initiation!

[quote user="Grant Holt is a Monster"]

Vaughan and Pilkington are old friends anyway and knew each other well before they came to Norwich.

Given that they''re all probably staying together at Dunston Hall whilst they''re house-hunting it''s natural for them to pal up. I wouldn''t think it''s a big issue. We''ve had previous influxes of players together and it hasn''t hurt the spirit yet.

[/quote]

I saw on twitter before Pilkington had signed that they were good mates before. They also tweeted the team were having a FIFA tournament in one of the rooms, team bonding going well then.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I wonder what the effect would be were it possible to add a couple of women to the set up?[/quote]

I thought the average footballer was happy to share the same one?

These aren''t mothers bickering about one anothers children outside the school gates. They''re men!!

And as a man, i know that any Clique.. Big or small, is easily broken down with a simple towel whip to the bum whilst showering!

They''re a team, man!

Am sure having new signings early will really help the team bonding but once Wigan comes along am sure on the pitch ''cliques'' etc.. will have no influence on the way we play.As everyone has mentioned before Piks & Vaughn have been friends pre-Norwich so don''t get worried they seem to be isolating themselves because of twitter activity. It''s not an accurate picture.

[quote user="Crispy"] As everyone has mentioned before Piks & Vaughn have been friends pre-Norwich so don''t get worried they seem to be isolating themselves because of twitter activity. It''s not an accurate picture.
[/quote]

At the moment they are still ''allowed'' to have a twitter account.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="Crispy"] As everyone has mentioned before Piks & Vaughn have been friends pre-Norwich so don''t get worried they seem to be isolating themselves because of twitter activity. It''s not an accurate picture.
[/quote]

At the moment they are still ''allowed'' to have a twitter account.

[/quote]

And are the only ones on it as well I beleive - so their tweets are in effect totally out of context - don''t panic - keep calm!