Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Strength and Speed

From the signings we have signed I think it is quite apparent that we have both strengthened the squad technically with good players but also physically as they are all very quick and strong.  Four out of the seven signings are 6 foot or more with two of the remaining three being 5''11.  Also we have some extreme pace in Bennett, Pilkington, Vaughan, Naughton, De Laet and apparently Morison moves pretty quickly as well.

This can only be good because not only does the technical side of things in the Premier League take a step up but so does the physical side of things and if your not strong enough physically then your always going to struggle even if you are technically brilliant.

Well done Paul Lambert for doing something about this [Y]

Strength, Speed... And Width and youth!We now have a team capable of playing a variaty of formations without compromising our squads strengths, we also have a fairly young squad with the potential to get better or if worse comes to worse provided Norwich with a yo-yo team capable of putting us back where we belong! Personally I think we are going to do well, very excited about the season to come. Pilkington is my Star pick... ive already got images in my mind of mid tearing down the wing and either putting plumb crosses in or cutting in and lashing one into the top corner!

This was methiung I noticed somewhile back. More the size than the speed though.

We will need the height and strength against clubs like Stoke and certainly the speed with the pace the game is played in the PL.

I am very positive and I think we will surprise quite a few outside of the club and the fans.

I like the height and strength thing and agree that it is vitally important in this league. I think the one thing we are all over looking is that we have also injected some real flair into the squad. Pilkington and Bennett in particular.

I think this is something that alot of newly promoted teams forget and tend to sign athletic players. Hence the influx of african players into the english game.