21. Morison

22. Vaughan

23. Martin

24. Wilbraham

25. ?

Ruddy,Rudd

Martin/Naughton     Barnett/De Laet  Ward/Whitbread   Tierney/Drury

Fox/Johnson

Crofts/Smith                                           Surman/Lappin

Bennett                                    Hoolahan/Martin.C                        Pilkington

Holt/Morison                     Vaughan/Jackson

decent on paper, plenty of options, couldn''t begin to pick a team and subs out of that lot!!!

GK: RuddyDF: R Martin, Naughton, De Laet, Ward, Barnett, Whitbread, Tierney, Drury, SmithMD: Fox, Johnson, Crofts, Surman, Lappin, Hoolahan, McNamee, Pilkington, BennettST: Holt, Jackson, Vaughan, Morison, C Martin, McDonald

Even those who love McDonald must now realise he''s not going to play a part next season, at least till January.

He hasn''t gone to Germany, hasn''t played any of the friendlies and we have been in discussion to sell him. He''s a good player and if we hadn''t gone up I reckon he could have had an important role with us but he''s now our 7th choice striker (possibly lower). Even if we go down its very unlikely that we''d sell enough of them for him to make the bench.

His only chance is if we can''t find a buyer (which seems unlikely) and loan him out and then have an epic injury crisis meaning we have to recall him. So, no he''s not going to be in the 25

2 players for every position covering 2 formations, 7 out of 7 signings completed on 21st July. No injuries. Looking very good to hit the ground running against Wigan! We seem much better prepared than our direct rivals at the lower end of the premier league.

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]correct re Jackson incorrect re Korey - because of his birthday he just misses out so has to be 1 of 25![/quote]

What Harry said...

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Wizard"]GK: Ruddy
DF: R Martin, Naughton, De Laet, Ward, Barnett, Whitbread, Tierney, Drury, Smith
MD: Fox, Johnson, Crofts, Surman, Lappin, Hoolahan, McNamee, Pilkington, Bennett
ST: Holt, Jackson, Vaughan, Morison, C Martin, McDonald

[/quote]

It''s obvious that S. Smith, McNamee and McDonald won''t be in the 25 but it looks like Wilbraham will be.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Wizard"]GK: Ruddy
DF: R Martin, Naughton, De Laet, Ward, Barnett, Whitbread, Tierney, Drury, Smith
MD: Fox, Johnson, Crofts, Surman, Lappin, Hoolahan, McNamee, Pilkington, Bennett
ST: Holt, Jackson, Vaughan, Morison, C Martin, McDonald

[/quote]

It''s obvious that S. Smith, McNamee and McDonald won''t be in the 25 but it looks like Wilbraham will be.

[/quote]

I''m not a fan of Wilby - I know people claim he''s good at holding the ball up, but there isn''t much else to rave about is there? Doesn''t score many for a striker. I didn''t think he was top-level Championship standard let alone Premiership.

As far as I can see, the standard is fairly even throughout the squad, meaning it will be hard to pick our best team and the competition for places is very tough.

In my opinion there are only 2 or 3 that stand out for me, that will really struggle to make the starting 11. Wilbraham, Lappin and possibly K Smith. This isn''t neccessarily because they are poor but because we have strength in depth.

It will be harder for PL to pick the right team, but in Lambert we trust.