Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Fraser Forster did well in league 1- John Ruddy played just as well in the league above....

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

It seems from Lambert''s quote today that this debate has suddenly become academic. Until January our first-choice keeper and our back-up keeper will come from Ruddy, Rudd and Steer, unless we get those first two injured, and then we might be allowed a loan. Essentially loans are only allowed when all the senior keepers are injured. If we go with Ruddy, Rudd and Steer, then we are saying we regard Rudd as a senior keeper. We would need to be left only with Steer to get a loan.

Even posters who regard Ruddy as being of Premier League quality have tended to argue for an experienced keeper as back-up. Unless Lambert is being economical with the truth, we are not getting such a keeper.

[/quote]

That really worries me as sod''s law says that Ruddy will get injured and having seen Rudd play this could cost us. Remember when Gunn got injured the season we were relegated. Deja vu again methinks.  

[/quote]

---

Paul, just to emphasise this point. Wigan, our first opponents, have four keepers listed. Lee Nicholls, who is 18 and I guess is their equivalent of Steer. The first choice, presumably, is now going to be Ali Al Habsi, so the equivalent of Ruddy. But then while we only have have Rudd, they have Chris Kirkland and Mike Politt - both very experienced keepers.

Nice to see some sensible posts from Purple, but as for the rest, there really are some Grade A dicks on this forum (and yes, that will be £47 please [:)])

Commonsense says that we must go for an experienced back-up keeper doesn''t it Purplecanary. I don''t think that Lambert has finished his dealings yet with a GK whatever anybody else says.