Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Fraser Forster did well in league 1- John Ruddy played just as well in the league above....

You have to remember this guy had to go and look through old match reports to find this as he could not think of any saves from memory.

He''ll get his chance and we will find out who is right. My lasting memory from last season was the deflected clearance against an opposition player against Forest on the left that looped back 20 yards into the goal. [:D]

[quote user="Ncfc26"]

I think you will find I used them as evidence to prove myself right

[/quote]

What are you right about?

That he is better than Fraser Forster and is not given enough credit by enough people. And that people really need to get behind our team and stop crying like girls because they haven''t got the player they want

[quote user="Ncfc26"]That he is better than Fraser Forster and is not given enough credit by enough people. And that people really need to get behind our team and stop crying like girls because they haven''t got the player they want[/quote]

Don''t think people are denying he made a few great saves but he made to many mistakes for a goalkeeper. Yes it was in league one but Forster didn''t make as many mistakes and make alot of great saves, aswell as impressing big time at Celtic last season. I''m happy for Ruddy to get his chance but definately wouldn''t moan if we had Forster incase Ruddy doesn''t impress.

[quote user="zemas tendon"]but there are some young twerps in the snake pit who can not wait for Ruddy to make a mistake.....

[/quote]That''s being very unkind to smudger.....he''s not young!

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="zemas tendon"]but there are some young twerps in the snake pit who can not wait for Ruddy to make a mistake.....

[/quote]That''s being very unkind to smudger.....he''s not young!

[/quote]

So part of that description''s wrong....[;)]

I like both Ruddy and Forster. I would be happy with either as our starting goalkeeper. I do think it''s essential that we bring in an experienced back up/challenger for the position because Rudd and Steer are too young and I wouldn''t want a repeat of the Bryan Gunn/Andy Marshall situation that contributed towards our relegation a few years back.

Ruddy started nervously but grew in confidence throughout the season and by the end I felt he was rock solid. My worry with him is temprament. If he makes a cock up or series of cock-ups in the big league will his confidence stand up to it? I''d wager that it probably would, but I wouldn''t put my mortgage on it.

Forster is a more confident character, and seems more at ease with yelling at his defense, bouncing back from mistakes and taking charge in the box. He has not played at the same level as Ruddy did last season however. Playing for Celtic is all well and good, but apart from 4 or so Old Firm games a year, the rest is more akin to playing a L1 or L2 attack every week (and even Rangers I would only class as decent Championship standard). I do like him though and can certainly see him as being a potential England keeper in the coming years. Therefore I understand why people think we should snap him up whilst he''s available and would probably come to City. Equally it would be harsh on John Ruddy though.

My general feeling is that PL will try and bring Fraser Forster in based on the fact that he spent all last summer pursuing him on loan and only opted for John Ruddy as a second choice when he couldn''t get FF when he wanted him.

Forster done well in League One, very well in fact. He also done well in an incredibily uncompetitive SPL.Ruddy had a good season in the Championship, which in my opinion is more competitive than both those leagues put together. Yes, he made mistakes (predominantly at the start, understandable considering age and the withdrawal of first team football for long periods of time) but he also made some cracking saves.One poster found match reports to back this up (which half of you moaning about Ruddy asked him to do). When he posted it, you then mocked him for what? Proving he was correct and you''re all too busy drooling over the thought of a Forster return?People forget about Ruddy''s young age, maybe due to his physicality, he certainly doesn''t look that young! Ruddy has come to a club as number one goalkeeper, and in our first season in the league we''ve finished 2nd. And people doubt his ability?Our style of play has to be taken into account. Much more attacking this season, with better attacks coming our direction. It''s all very well saying Forster made good saves, but Ruddy has had to make them too, he made a few good one-on-ones (which occured far less when Forster was goalkeeper due to the quality of other teams and our own style of play) last season, and even when he did cock up and concede a penalty to Swansea he saved it, momentum went our way and we won.Those saying they''d like both at the club, fair enough. Those saying Ruddy isn''t good enough - i''m sorry but you''re speaking out of your backside. I know its summer, i know we''re waiting for the new season to start but lets not spend the time complaining that our number one goalkeeper in our promotion winning side isn''t `up to it`.Outfield i know, but remember Peterborough with Russel Martin - loved him in League One, thought he wasn''t good enough for the championship so got rid...now look!

[quote user="G"]Is everyone happy with Declan Rudd as number 1 if Ruddy gets injured?[/quote]

Exactly my fear. Real shades of Andy Marshall/Bryan Gunn from 1995. We all know what happened there.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]Have a look an Oxlade Chamberlain, he alot of potential which FF has and he was exceptional at League 1. Ruddy was decent at champ, that''s why.
[/quote]

What? Are you drinking? [;)]

Hog, I agree with almost everything you''ve written apart from the bit about one-on-ones, which I think FF was better at. Ruddy is our No.1. He''s improved over the course of the season dramatically. He knows the back four now - just look how much it changed over the season - and is a settled player.

[quote user="G"]

[quote user="Ncfc26"]That he is better than Fraser Forster and is not given enough credit by enough people. And that people really need to get behind our team and stop crying like girls because they haven''t got the player they want[/quote]

Don''t think people are denying he made a few great saves but he made to many mistakes for a goalkeeper. Yes it was in league one but Forster didn''t make as many mistakes and make alot of great saves, aswell as impressing big time at Celtic last season. I''m happy for Ruddy to get his chance but definately wouldn''t moan if we had Forster incase Ruddy doesn''t impress.

[/quote]Think you sum it up well there G.

Everything else being equal between the two keepers, FF is 3 inches taller than John Ruddy. Those extra inches could be vital in saving a ball heading into the top corner or in saving a penalty when just millimetres extra could be vital. I would imagine that FF''s reach is also longer due to longer arms.  Thus, I''m in the FF camp and hope we get him in our squad. 

[quote user="paul moy"]Everything else being equal between the two keepers, FF is 3 inches taller than John Ruddy. Those extra inches could be vital in saving a ball heading into the top corner or in saving a penalty when just millimetres extra could be vital. I would imagine that FF''s reach is also longer due to longer arms.  Thus, I''m in the FF camp and hope we get him in our squad. [/quote]

Errm, is that post serious?

what if Ruddy weighs 2 pounds less and can jump higher or... no sorry cant do it. reasoned responce to hard.

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"]

[quote user="paul moy"]Everything else being equal between the two keepers, FF is 3 inches taller than John Ruddy. Those extra inches could be vital in saving a ball heading into the top corner or in saving a penalty when just millimetres extra could be vital. I would imagine that FF''s reach is also longer due to longer arms.  Thus, I''m in the FF camp and hope we get him in our squad. [/quote]

what if Ruddy weighs 2 pounds less and can jump higher or... no sorry cant do it. reasoned responce to hard.

[/quote]

That''s exactly why I said '' .. everything else being equal''.  Thus reach and height would be the overriding factor. Is that not logical to you ?   

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Wouldn''t that then mean that it would take FF longer to get down to low shots ?[/quote]

I''ve watched him and I''ve never seen that as a weakness with him unless you have evidence. I''ve seen him save some great penalties if that''s anything to go by, but I would again attribute that to his great reach. 

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Son Ova Gunn"]

[/quote]

That''s exactly why I said '' .. everything else being equal''.  Thus reach and height would be the overriding factor. Is that not logical to you ?   

[/quote]

ok, I will bite, purely because I hate to see the the word logical abused like a catholic choirboy.

firstly you assume because he is 3 inches taller he can reach 3 inches more..

Vitaliy Klychko - 6ft8 - reach 80inches

Wladimir Klychko- 6ft6 - reach 81inches

FF forsters reach may well be longer but you said ''Thus i am in the FF camp'' because he has longer arms, beacause he is taller by 3 inches. Logic well and truely deserted you there I think.

Secondly, you ended your post saying you are in FF camp and hope we get him, thus implying you believe ''everything else being equal'' is correct. Too even suggest that everything else between the keepers could be identical is insane. So many variables.. what about their voice, how loudly do they talk/shout to their defence, do any of the defence have problems understanding a scouser or geordie accent, how prone are they to sore thoats. You see I could go on indefinately, which is why I thought it could be a troll post because

a) It is impossible that the differences could only come down to 3 inches of height

b) To throw you hat into the FF ring over that fact he is 3 inches taller is as enlightened as backing D.Rudd because he looks better in yellow. There are far far far more sensible and important reasons to choose which GK you want to see!

It seems from Lambert''s quote today that this debate has suddenly become academic. Until January our first-choice keeper and our back-up keeper will come from Ruddy, Rudd and Steer, unless we get those first two injured, and then we might be allowed a loan. Essentially loans are only allowed when all the senior keepers are injured. If we go with Ruddy, Rudd and Steer, then we are saying we regard Rudd as a senior keeper. We would need to be left only with Steer to get a loan.

Even posters who regard Ruddy as being of Premier League quality have tended to argue for an experienced keeper as back-up. Unless Lambert is being economical with the truth, we are not getting such a keeper.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

It seems from Lambert''s quote today that this debate has suddenly become academic. Until January our first-choice keeper and our back-up keeper will come from Ruddy, Rudd and Steer, unless we get those first two injured, and then we might be allowed a loan. Essentially loans are only allowed when all the senior keepers are injured. If we go with Ruddy, Rudd and Steer, then we are saying we regard Rudd as a senior keeper. We would need to be left only with Steer to get a loan.

Even posters who regard Ruddy as being of Premier League quality have tended to argue for an experienced keeper as back-up. Unless Lambert is being economical with the truth, we are not getting such a keeper.

[/quote]

That really worries me as sod''s law says that Ruddy will get injured and having seen Rudd play this could cost us. Remember when Gunn got injured the season we were relegated. Deja vu again methinks.  

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Son Ova Gunn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

ok, I will bite, purely because I hate to see the the word logical abused like a catholic choirboy.

FF forsters reach may well be longer but you said ''Thus i am in the FF camp'' because he has longer arms, beacause he is taller by 3 inches. Logic well and truely deserted you there I think.

Secondly, you ended your post saying you are in FF camp and hope we get him, thus implying you believe ''everything else being equal'' is correct. Too even suggest that everything else between the keepers could be identical is insane. So many variables.. what about their voice, how loudly do they talk/shout to their defence, do any of the defence have problems understanding a scouser or geordie accent, how prone are they to sore thoats. You see I could go on indefinately, which is why I thought it could be a troll post because

a) It is impossible that the differences could only come down to 3 inches of height

b) To throw you hat into the FF ring over that fact he is 3 inches taller is as enlightened as backing D.Rudd because he looks better in yellow. There are far far far more sensible and important reasons to choose which GK you want to see!

[/quote]

You have misquoted me to suit your argument. my post clearly states '' I would imagine that FF''s reach is also longer due to longer arms''. I never stated categorically that they were because I don''t know.  You should apologise for attacking me based on something I never said.

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Son Ova Gunn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sorry to see that you had to bite. Logic and the poster you have answered should NEVER be mentioned in the same sentence. Presumably if two keepers are the same height, they have arms of the same length and the better keeper is determined by which one bites his fingernails.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Son Ova Gunn"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Son Ova Gunn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sorry to see that you had to bite. Logic and the poster you have answered should NEVER be mentioned in the same sentence. Presumably if two keepers are the same height, they have arms of the same length and the better keeper is determined by which one bites his fingernails.

[/quote]

There you go again..... if you can''t win an argument then launch abuse.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Son Ova Gunn"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Son Ova Gunn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What abuse? What argument? What you were saying was clearly ridiculous and if you don''t realise that, there really is no hope.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Son Ova Gunn"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Son Ova Gunn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What abuse? What argument? What you were saying was clearly ridiculous and if you don''t realise that, there really is no hope.

[/quote]

Patronising and negative personal comments are abuse and bullying. The bulletin board is for discussion purposes and that is what I use it for and I will not resort to your level.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Son Ova Gunn"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Son Ova Gunn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Patronising and negative personal comments are abuse and bullying. The bulletin board is for discussion purposes and that is what I use it for and I will not resort to your level.

[/quote]

If, in my opinion, I think someone is talking nonsense, I will say so. Equally, in my opinion, if someone is making a good point, I will say so. I thought that was what it was all about. If you regard that as abuse and bullying, I am surprised.