Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Fraser Forster did well in league 1- John Ruddy played just as well in the league above....

I really cannot see why people prefer FF to Big John [:S]

This isnt a dig at anyone who prefers FF to Ruddy but can someone just explain why they feel FF would be a much better option than Ruddy.

Ruddy did really well in the championship, is a young keeper and has the potential to excel in the Premierleague imo.

Let the argument commence!

OTBC

There appear to be widely differing views on Ruddy on here so there will never be consensus but all i will say is watch the season review dvd. yes he improved as the season went on but watch that dvd and look at how many shots just go straight through him. We cannot afford to gift teams goals next season as we will not come back from them.

Not another post...................John Ruddy played just as well in the league above.... I always say it!!! This is so wrong. If anyone wants to question me please go and watch the season review DVD. Backs me up a treat!!

I would love you to be right. He does give his all and he really does care about the club. I just don''t see it happening.

Is everyone happy with Declan Rudd as number 1 if Ruddy gets injured?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]There appear to be widely differing views on Ruddy on here so there will never be consensus but all i will say is watch the season review dvd. yes he improved as the season went on but watch that dvd and look at how many shots just go straight through him. We cannot afford to gift teams goals next season as we will not come back from them.[/quote]

But how many crucial saves did he make which were not shown on the DVD?, even the best keepers in the world make mistakes

Pros and Cons for both keepers, lets not forget that Ruddy is ours, and did not cost a great deal of money, but there are some young twerps in the snake pit who can not wait for Ruddy to make a mistake, and were even chanting Declan Rudds name, but lets not forget All keepers make mistakes, Think back to Leeds where Forster messed up with his kick, and if you can name a keeper who has never made a mistake please name him!!

[quote user="G"]Is everyone happy with Declan Rudd as number 1 if Ruddy gets injured?[/quote]

No, should sign a Experienced Keeper as backup and loan Rudd or Steer out!!

[quote user="yellowarmy"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]There appear to be widely differing views on Ruddy on here so there will never be consensus but all i will say is watch the season review dvd. yes he improved as the season went on but watch that dvd and look at how many shots just go straight through him. We cannot afford to gift teams goals next season as we will not come back from them.[/quote]

But how many crucial saves did he make which were not shown on the DVD?, even the best keepers in the world make mistakes

[/quote]Season ticket holder here. I think I remember 1 save!! yes 1 save.I can remember a good 10 goals that were his error or should have done a lot better with though!! That''s a lot for a team that finished second!I think this shows people who know nothing about goalkeeping who think he''s good.And then the real world who can see he did improve over the season but made far to many error to be trusted completely next year.

[quote user="L4cole"][quote user="yellowarmy"]

[/quote]

Season ticket holder here. I think I remember 1 save!! yes 1 save.

I can remember a good 10 goals that were his error or should have done a lot better with though!!

That''s a lot for a team that finished second!

I think this shows people who know nothing about goalkeeping who think he''s good.

And then the real world who can see he did improve over the season but made far to many error to be trusted completely next year.
[/quote]

What were these 10 mistakes????????????????????????????

oh and by the way I have sat here for 5 seconds and can remember swansea penalty save and sheffield united save last min

[quote user="Ncfc26"][quote user="L4cole"][quote user="yellowarmy"]

[/quote]Season ticket holder here. I think I remember 1 save!! yes 1 save.I can remember a good 10 goals that were his error or should have done a lot better with though!! That''s a lot for a team that finished second!I think this shows people who know nothing about goalkeeping who think he''s good.And then the real world who can see he did improve over the season but made far to many error to be trusted completely next year.[/quote]

What were these 10 mistakes????????????????????????????

oh and by the way I have sat here for 5 seconds and can remember swansea penalty save and sheffield united save last min

[/quote]

Is that the penalty he gave away!! Or did you forget that bit... Go watch the DVD and you will see I am right .

[/quote]

I can remember a good 10 goals that were his error or should have done a lot better with though!!

I think this shows people who know nothing about goalkeeping who think he''s good.

And then the real world who can see he did improve over the season but made far to many error to be trusted completely next year.
[/quote]

You may well be a season ticket holder, but you must obviously be half asleep if you really believe Ruddy made just one crucial save all season.

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

[quote user="G"]Is everyone happy with Declan Rudd as number 1 if Ruddy gets injured?[/quote]

No, should sign a Experienced Keeper as backup and loan Rudd or Steer out!!

[/quote]

Would you be happy with Forster and Ruddy battling it out and either number 1 if the other gets injured?

Oh and Fraser Forster never gave away a penalty oh wait he gave away 2 or 3 and got sent off or did you forget that bit and I have watched the Dvd and cannot see 10 mistakes please enlighten us

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have played for a local team on sat/sunday in goal, now not blowing own trumpet, but there is a fine line in making a ordinary save or world class save alot can depend on weather, postioning, how hard of a shot etc etc so i take it your a goal keeper or coach to justify your opinion

[quote user="zemas tendon"][quote user="L4cole"][quote user="yellowarmy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have played for a local team on sat/sunday in goal, now not blowing own trumpet, but there is a fine line in making a ordinary save or world class save alot can depend on weather, postioning, how hard of a shot etc etc so i take it your a goal keeper or coach to justify your opinion

[/quote]

On the weather?  Look out lads, Peter Schmeichel is in the house [:$].

[quote user="yellowarmy"][quote user="L4cole"][quote user="yellowarmy"]

[/quote]Season ticket holder here. I think I remember 1 save!! yes 1 save.I can remember a good 10 goals that were his error or should have done a lot better with though!! That''s a lot for a team that finished second!I think this shows people who know nothing about goalkeeping who think he''s good.And then the real world who can see he did improve over the season but made far to many error to be trusted completely next year.[/quote]

You may well be a season ticket holder, but you must obviously be half asleep if you really believe Ruddy made just one crucial save all season.

[/quote]Please name some saves! I can think that really stands out, three impressive saves. Barnsley, but he didn''t have to move. Swansea, but he gave the gave the pen away. And then Shef Utd. Which did help us win the game. But.....Watch the DVD. This will honestly show people my side of the argument. You will be surprised if you have not watched it how many poor errors there are

[quote user="L4cole"][quote user="yellowarmy"][quote user="L4cole"][quote user="yellowarmy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please name some saves! I can think that really stands out, three impressive saves. Barnsley, but he didn''t have to move. Swansea, but he gave the gave the pen away. And then Shef Utd. Which did help us win the game. But.....

Watch the DVD. This will honestly show people my side of the argument. You will be surprised if you have not watched it how many poor errors there are
[/quote]

Why cant you point these errors out to us?

So to summarise, no one has any greater insight than tthose in he 15 previous threads where this has been discussed.

Great CT thanks.  Glad to see you are maintaining your originality and intellectual rigour

How about some more threads say one about Cody, who will leave, who will be in the 25, another Cody thread and once you''ve done those it should be time for another Chrissy Martin thread!!!

Are you really that devoid of attention?

[quote user="Ncfc26"][quote user="L4cole"][quote user="yellowarmy"][quote user="L4cole"][quote user="yellowarmy"]

[/quote]Please name some saves! I can think that really stands out, three impressive saves. Barnsley, but he didn''t have to move. Swansea, but he gave the gave the pen away. And then Shef Utd. Which did help us win the game. But.....Watch the DVD. This will honestly show people my side of the argument. You will be surprised if you have not watched it how many poor errors there are[/quote]

[/quote]

Watford FC home - Poor positioning.

Swansea City - Gave away a pen

Leicester City - through his body

Crystal Palace - straight through his arms at his near post

Nottingham Forest - kicked the ball at the defender

This is only off the top of my head. I can remember a few more but don''t know which games.

[quote user="Ncfc26"][quote user="L4cole"][quote user="yellowarmy"][quote user="L4cole"][quote user="yellowarmy"]

[/quote]Please name some saves! I can think that really stands out, three impressive saves. Barnsley, but he didn''t have to move. Swansea, but he gave the gave the pen away. And then Shef Utd. Which did help us win the game. But.....Watch the DVD. This will honestly show people my side of the argument. You will be surprised if you have not watched it how many poor errors there are[/quote]

[/quote]Not bad I would say from the top of my head, If i had the DVD here I am sure I would honestly find around 10

Swansea

Barnsley

Sheffield United

Qpr at home

From official site

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10355~53197,00.html

Bristol City

Their best chance fell to Adomah, who bent his run to escape the Norwich offside trap and unleash a left footed effort, but John Ruddy did well to narrow the angle and pull off a fine one-handed save at his near post. BBC Sport

A more adventurous Bristol City took to the field in the second half and, just five minutes after the restart, Ruddy pulled off another excellent save from Adomah, who drove forward from midfield before unleashing a powerful goalbound effort from 25 yards.

Away

A minute later, Jackson did grab his second goal of the game. A long clearance by Ruddy found the striker in space inside the area and he calmly slotted the ball past James.

Cardiff

But Chopra''s first touch was a little heavy so gave Ruddy a chance to come out and smother the ball as the Cardiff striker tried to dink it over the Norwich goalie.

Crystal Palace

In an end-to-end second period, Palace sub Wilfried Zaha forced a fine save from John Ruddy

Middlesborough

Away

But the Teessiders looked most likely towards the end with Ruddy saving brilliantly from Barry Robson

Point proved yet?

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

So to summarise, no one has any greater insight than tthose in he 15 previous threads where this has been discussed.

Great CT thanks.  Glad to see you are maintaining your originality and intellectual rigour

How about some more threads say one about Cody, who will leave, who will be in the 25, another Cody thread and once you''ve done those it should be time for another Chrissy Martin thread!!!

Are you really that devoid of attention?

[/quote]

Well that was helpful....

[quote user="Ncfc26"]

Swansea

Barnsley

Sheffield United

Qpr at home

From official site

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10355~53197,00.html

Bristol City

Their best chance fell to Adomah, who bent his run to escape the Norwich offside trap and unleash a left footed effort, but John Ruddy did well to narrow the angle and pull off a fine one-handed save at his near post. BBC Sport

A more adventurous Bristol City took to the field in the second half and, just five minutes after the restart, Ruddy pulled off another excellent save from Adomah, who drove forward from midfield before unleashing a powerful goalbound effort from 25 yards.

Away

A minute later, Jackson did grab his second goal of the game. A long clearance by Ruddy found the striker in space inside the area and he calmly slotted the ball past James.

Cardiff

But Chopra''s first touch was a little heavy so gave Ruddy a chance to come out and smother the ball as the Cardiff striker tried to dink it over the Norwich goalie.

Crystal Palace

In an end-to-end second period, Palace sub Wilfried Zaha forced a fine save from John Ruddy

Middlesborough

Away

But the Teessiders looked most likely towards the end with Ruddy saving brilliantly from Barry Robson

Point proved yet?

[/quote]You have gone some lengths to prove he made some saves last year.. Hat''s off to you.I would be worried if he didn''t make any saves though!!Your points taken that he made saves. But my opinion is still that he made far far far to many error. That''s why there are so many John Ruddy threads. Ever thought about that!

Please look at the wording Fine Great saves not just averages saves Yes he made a few mistakes Watford away, Swansea penalty (no gal though), Leicester Home no points lost cant think of many more

Does the Forest goal go down as a mistake? He coulda cleared it a hell of a lot earlier.