Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Home casual ticket prices announced

Blimey there are plenty of you agreeing with City 1st. Let us sum up what he is advocating 12 - 15000 in FCR, Supporters kicking the s^^t out of each other, bannanas being thrown at black players and thousands of deaths in stadiums. There was so little money in football that stadiums were falling apart, not a place you would bring your family. You also seem to tar these families as supporters that do not support the club as passionately as you. I assume you would class my son as a happy clapper as I would not have allowed to go to a game in the 70''s until he was at least 12. Yet as a happy clapper at 4 years old he would insist that we traveled down to the ground to arrive at 9am so he could do mini kickers, only problem with that is we used to live in the Midlands so we had to leave at 5:30 am. If football had not changed it could possibly have collapsed 

Do you really beleive we would have the likes of Holt, Morrison, Johnson ect playing for us if we went back to 15000 supporters paying £5 each with the players training in a field at Trowse ? If you want to go back to those dark days thats fine, but you cannot expect football of a very high standard. Yes games were exciting in those days because anyone could have beaten anyone but come on that was mainly because a high proportion of the players were s^^t. 

Football has gone where it has because of money from Sky ect. If you have / watch sky you have to consider yourself part of what has been created, personally I feel if football would have carried on as it was in the UK it would have fallen apart. You must also realise that without tv money only real fans like Delia would have bought into clubs. The likes of Mansoor / Obrhamavic ect would not have been interested.

Like it or not FCR will be one of the cheapest places to watch Prem football. If we stay up to compete I beleive most accept their season ticket will go up at least £100. In reality though that will still be far to cheap if our ambitions are more than just to stay up   

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="Paul"]

HA HA HA HA I too have 2 kids, a mortgage, loans etc etc and probably have more debts than you, and I travel up from Essex to every game i think I spent well over £2500 on football last season, it is a luxury for me but i choose to do it.

Fair enough.  I couldnt afford to do it.  If you can good for you.  But dont assume everyone else is in the same position as you - not everyone can afford ''Luxuries'', especially to 4 figure amounts

Me and my two kids have season tickets. I am in the same boat as you and just beacause I have a different opinion you have a go. That my friend is pathetic.

Isnt that what you were doing - having a go just because others cant afford the same luxuries.  If Im pathetic so are you.  Pot.  kettle.  black 

If I couldn''t afford to go I wouldn''t and I wouldn''t bitch about.

Im not.  Its all about supply and demand and tbh just because I cant afford to go very often isnt the clubs problem.  Its sad to see so many people being priced out of the game but I guess thats the price for being in the ''best league in the world''.  Appreciate you (and many others) bought season tickets in League 1 which is great - and the club have rewarded you in the short term by giving you the option of renewing early and not increasing prices (a lot of clubs wouldnt have given that option so early especially as we were flying high) - however expect to see ST prices rise sharply too

As an earlier poster said, I would rather we charge the same prices as other clubs and play in the premiership and not be able to go, than playing in league one and go.[/quote]

Controversial, but respect your opinion.  However would you want us to become another Wigan or Blackburn?  Because mid table Prem obscurity mixed with high (or relatively high) prices can lead to a lot of empty seats in the long run.  My own view is that I want to see Norwich play irrespective of the division we''re in - I''d have followed us to the conference if thats where we''d have ended up.  However I would rather see us play Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea than Yeovil, Brighton and Southend - no disrespect to those clubs, but I want to see us playing in as higher league as possible.  If that means paying more so be it - but I''ll only be able to go 6 or 7 times per season rather than 10 or 12 - the rest of it I''ll catch on the net, in the pub, or at home

[/quote]

If you go 6 or 7 times, how far off a season ticket price are you?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="Paul"]

HA HA HA HA I too have 2 kids, a mortgage, loans etc etc and probably have more debts than you, and I travel up from Essex to every game i think I spent well over £2500 on football last season, it is a luxury for me but i choose to do it.

Fair enough.  I couldnt afford to do it.  If you can good for you.  But dont assume everyone else is in the same position as you - not everyone can afford ''Luxuries'', especially to 4 figure amounts

Me and my two kids have season tickets. I am in the same boat as you and just beacause I have a different opinion you have a go. That my friend is pathetic.

Isnt that what you were doing - having a go just because others cant afford the same luxuries.  If Im pathetic so are you.  Pot.  kettle.  black 

Im not.  Its all about supply and demand and tbh just because I cant afford to go very often isnt the clubs problem.  Its sad to see so many people being priced out of the game but I guess thats the price for being in the ''best league in the world''.  Appreciate you (and many others) bought season tickets in League 1 which is great - and the club have rewarded you in the short term by giving you the option of renewing early and not increasing prices (a lot of clubs wouldnt have given that option so early especially as we were flying high) - however expect to see ST prices rise sharply too

As an earlier poster said, I would rather we charge the same prices as other clubs and play in the premiership and not be able to go, than playing in league one and go.[/quote]

Controversial, but respect your opinion.  However would you want us to become another Wigan or Blackburn?  Because mid table Prem obscurity mixed with high (or relatively high) prices can lead to a lot of empty seats in the long run.  My own view is that I want to see Norwich play irrespective of the division we''re in - I''d have followed us to the conference if thats where we''d have ended up.  However I would rather see us play Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea than Yeovil, Brighton and Southend - no disrespect to those clubs, but I want to see us playing in as higher league as possible.  If that means paying more so be it - but I''ll only be able to go 6 or 7 times per season rather than 10 or 12 - the rest of it I''ll catch on the net, in the pub, or at home

[/quote]

If you go 6 or 7 times, how far off a season ticket price are you?

[/quote]

For an under 21 going to 4 games would be more expensive that a season ticket

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

Blimey there are plenty of you agreeing with City 1st. Let us sum up what he is advocating 12 - 15000 in FCR, Supporters kicking the s^^t out of each other, bannanas being thrown at black players and thousands of deaths in stadiums. There was so little money in football that stadiums were falling apart, not a place you would bring your family. You also seem to tar these families as supporters that do not support the club as passionately as you. I assume you would class my son as a happy clapper as I would not have allowed to go to a game in the 70''s until he was at least 12. Yet as a happy clapper at 4 years old he would insist that we traveled down to the ground to arrive at 9am so he could do mini kickers, only problem with that is we used to live in the Midlands so we had to leave at 5:30 am. If football had not changed it could possibly have collapsed 

Do you really beleive we would have the likes of Holt, Morrison, Johnson ect playing for us if we went back to 15000 supporters paying £5 each with the players training in a field at Trowse ? If you want to go back to those dark days thats fine, but you cannot expect football of a very high standard. Yes games were exciting in those days because anyone could have beaten anyone but come on that was mainly because a high proportion of the players were s^^t. 

Football has gone where it has because of money from Sky ect. If you have / watch sky you have to consider yourself part of what has been created, personally I feel if football would have carried on as it was in the UK it would have fallen apart. You must also realise that without tv money only real fans like Delia would have bought into clubs. The likes of Mansoor / Obrhamavic ect would not have been interested.

Like it or not FCR will be one of the cheapest places to watch Prem football. If we stay up to compete I beleive most accept their season ticket will go up at least £100. In reality though that will still be far to cheap if our ambitions are more than just to stay up   

[/quote]Are you saying that Holt, Morrison, Johnson are better than Sutton, Robins, Bowen, Goss, Crook, Culverhouse, Townsend etc? I take it you didn''t go back then? They may go on to be as good, maybe even better… but at the moment your point has no foundationIf you are happy for football to price out the poorest in society, then you go ahead and lap it up. See you on the other side, when it''s gone tits up!!

Supply and demand - if people don''t pay, they''ll adjust prices.But people will. And people saying "I''m not paying £50 for a home match" are clearly being simple. Not EVERY match is £50, just a select few. If you''re going to be selective with money then you''ll also have to be selective with what matches you go to.I think it''s fair enough - charge what people are willing to pay. And trust me, they will be willing to pay! It''d be nice to take a stand as fans on prices - but other clubs won''t join in. It''ll just be us. And we''ll be a disadvantaged club as we''ll be getting much less money from ticket revenue than other similar clubs. Whilst we''re in the Premiership we have to make the most of it and this is one of those measures.People will slate McNally for it, but he''s doing what any business-brained individual would do. If however, you''d like to re-hire Neil Doncaster, feel free to try and get hold of him...

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

Are you saying that Holt, Morrison, Johnson are better than Sutton, Robins, Bowen, Goss, Crook, Culverhouse, Townsend etc? I take it you didn''t go back then? They may go on to be as good, maybe even better… but at the moment your point has no foundation

If you are happy for football to price out the poorest in society, then you go ahead and lap it up.

See you on the other side, when it''s gone tits up!!
[/quote]

Cant remember them playing in the 70 ''s ? After saying that after you have seen Bradley Johnson play you may think he was better than those names you mention. The top players go where the money is and the money in this country comes from SKY, as soon as SKY leaves our game then so do the top players. Even the players you mention were prepared to play for small wages. Over 1/2 of those you mentioned went to bigger clubs who could pay more so I dont really get your point. I have missed very few home games since my first game 47 years ago. My attendance away is not bad either so I have seen both sides. Maybe I am getting old but would people really turn up in the numbers they do now in a stadium that was not modernised with a garuntee of seeing at least one person getting a good kicking every game. If you invest money in watching SKY you must take the credit as well for how football has changed, their money simply goes to players. If you want cheap football ask the likes of Holt to forgo their wage increases and bonuses from last year I suggest he will laugh. When we are at the other side all our top players in the UK will leave to play where they will get paid most. No different to before SKY our top players went to Italy. I say one last time FCR is the cheapest football overall in the premiership 

NCFC are in one of the best leagues in the world now, the one we all wanted them to be in.  They announce ticket prices comparable, and lower in many cases than other teams in the division, and we get moaning.  We want great players but we don''t want to contribute, bearing in mind we go up with 20 million of debt still in the background.  That''s the reality, and dressing it up in "it was not like this in the old days" is not dealing in reality, its day dreaming.It really is very, very simple for anyone to grasp.  It''s SUPPLY AND DEMAND.  If the ground was half full the prices would not go up.  The club know they can fill the place every week, so they put the prices up as much as they dare.  It''s a business, not a charity, and that is a fact that nobody can pretend does not exist.As for this "poorest in society" being priced out nonsense.  Of course they are!  People are clamouring to watch Norwich next season, and are willing to PAY.  The poor are priced out of most things for similar reasons. How many "poor" people have new cars?  Holidays?  Football is a luxury, not a life-giving essential and it owes nobody nothing.  Why should it be any different to any other consumer-driven item or activity?The people spouting the "working class hero" rubbish need to look at themselves rather than blame the club, and trying to make out that the hard working people who are paying to watch their team next season are "happy clappies".  That''s just trying to blame others for your own problem.It''s about PRIORITIES.  I see one guy here says he will stay in his garage with his motorbike on a Saturday rather than go.  Sell your flipping bike!  Which is more important to you?  You can''t afford both, so you make a choice as with other things in life as to your personal PRIORITIES.  Everyone has to do it at some stage over something.Moaning and blaming others is victim mentality, its the "society owes me" mindset.  It owes you jack.  If you want to go next season, but can''t afford it, look for a better job, or change your spending habits or personal priorities.  If after all that you genuinely cannot to go due to finances, then sorry but that''s the way of the world.If you love football, you could go and watch your local boys for a couple of quid, or even free, same as if you love driving you can buy a car for £200 and drive.  but if you want the best car, you have to save up, make sacrifices or change your job.And to the guy saying "I have three kids and cannot afford to go".  You answered your own flipping question!  You have THREE kids.  If everyone had three kids the planet would have collapsed by now.  You selfishly whad three kids, and now you selfishly expect to go to to flight football as some sort of god given right because you cannot afford everything.Sorry to be so harsh but some of you seem to expect to be bloody spoon fed.

[quote user="hogesar"]Supply and demand - if people don''t pay, they''ll adjust prices.

But people will. And people saying "I''m not paying £50 for a home match" are clearly being simple. Not EVERY match is £50, just a select few. If you''re going to be selective with money then you''ll also have to be selective with what matches you go to.

I think it''s fair enough - charge what people are willing to pay. And trust me, they will be willing to pay! It''d be nice to take a stand as fans on prices - but other clubs won''t join in. It''ll just be us. And we''ll be a disadvantaged club as we''ll be getting much less money from ticket revenue than other similar clubs. Whilst we''re in the Premiership we have to make the most of it and this is one of those measures.

People will slate McNally for it, but he''s doing what any business-brained individual would do. If however, you''d like to re-hire Neil Doncaster, feel free to try and get hold of him...

[/quote]

Spot on we forget we are £20 + million in the red. If it was not for McNally we would have stayed in league 1 after our points deduction for administration. People want a team to compete but think the likes of Delia should pay from her own pocket and allow people to watch at a discounted rate.   

[quote user="kellybrook"]NCFC are in one of the best leagues in the world now, the one we all wanted them to be in.  They announce ticket prices comparable, and lower in many cases than other teams in the division, and we get moaning.  We want great players but we don''t want to contribute, bearing in mind we go up with 20 million of debt still in the background.  That''s the reality, and dressing it up in "it was not like this in the old days" is not dealing in reality, its day dreaming.It really is very, very simple for anyone to grasp.  It''s SUPPLY AND DEMAND.  If the ground was half full the prices would not go up.  The club know they can fill the place every week, so they put the prices up as much as they dare.  It''s a business, not a charity, and that is a fact that nobody can pretend does not exist.As for this "poorest in society" being priced out nonsense.  Of course they are!  People are clamouring to watch Norwich next season, and are willing to PAY.  The poor are priced out of most things for similar reasons. How many "poor" people have new cars?  Holidays?  Football is a luxury, not a life-giving essential and it owes nobody nothing.  Why should it be any different to any other consumer-driven item or activity?The people spouting the "working class hero" rubbish need to look at themselves rather than blame the club, and trying to make out that the hard working people who are paying to watch their team next season are "happy clappies".  That''s just trying to blame others for your own problem.It''s about PRIORITIES.  I see one guy here says he will stay in his garage with his motorbike on a Saturday rather than go.  Sell your flipping bike!  Which is more important to you?  You can''t afford both, so you make a choice as with other things in life as to your personal PRIORITIES.  Everyone has to do it at some stage over something.Moaning and blaming others is victim mentality, its the "society owes me" mindset.  It owes you jack.  If you want to go next season, but can''t afford it, look for a better job, or change your spending habits or personal priorities.  If after all that you genuinely cannot to go due to finances, then sorry but that''s the way of the world.If you love football, you could go and watch your local boys for a couple of quid, or even free, same as if you love driving you can buy a car for £200 and drive.  but if you want the best car, you have to save up, make sacrifices or change your job.And to the guy saying "I have three kids and cannot afford to go".  You answered your own flipping question!  You have THREE kids.  If everyone had three kids the planet would have collapsed by now.  You selfishly whad three kids, and now you selfishly expect to go to to flight football as some sort of god given right because you cannot afford everything.Sorry to be so harsh but some of you seem to expect to be bloody spoon fed.

[/quote]That''s out of order.  Fine have an opinion, but telling a man he''s selfish having 3 kids is a f***ing disgrace.

[quote user="kellybrook"]NCFC are in one of the best leagues in the world now, the one we all wanted them to be in.  They announce ticket prices comparable, and lower in many cases than other teams in the division, and we get moaning.  We want great players but we don''t want to contribute, bearing in mind we go up with 20 million of debt still in the background.  That''s the reality, and dressing it up in "it was not like this in the old days" is not dealing in reality, its day dreaming.It really is very, very simple for anyone to grasp.  It''s SUPPLY AND DEMAND.  If the ground was half full the prices would not go up.  The club know they can fill the place every week, so they put the prices up as much as they dare.  It''s a business, not a charity, and that is a fact that nobody can pretend does not exist.As for this "poorest in society" being priced out nonsense.  Of course they are!  People are clamouring to watch Norwich next season, and are willing to PAY.  The poor are priced out of most things for similar reasons. How many "poor" people have new cars?  Holidays?  Football is a luxury, not a life-giving essential and it owes nobody nothing.  Why should it be any different to any other consumer-driven item or activity?The people spouting the "working class hero" rubbish need to look at themselves rather than blame the club, and trying to make out that the hard working people who are paying to watch their team next season are "happy clappies".  That''s just trying to blame others for your own problem.It''s about PRIORITIES.  I see one guy here says he will stay in his garage with his motorbike on a Saturday rather than go.  Sell your flipping bike!  Which is more important to you?  You can''t afford both, so you make a choice as with other things in life as to your personal PRIORITIES.  Everyone has to do it at some stage over something.Moaning and blaming others is victim mentality, its the "society owes me" mindset.  It owes you jack.  If you want to go next season, but can''t afford it, look for a better job, or change your spending habits or personal priorities.  If after all that you genuinely cannot to go due to finances, then sorry but that''s the way of the world.If you love football, you could go and watch your local boys for a couple of quid, or even free, same as if you love driving you can buy a car for £200 and drive.  but if you want the best car, you have to save up, make sacrifices or change your job.And to the guy saying "I have three kids and cannot afford to go".  You answered your own flipping question!  You have THREE kids.  If everyone had three kids the planet would have collapsed by now.  You selfishly whad three kids, and now you selfishly expect to go to to flight football as some sort of god given right because you cannot afford everything.Sorry to be so harsh but some of you seem to expect to be bloody spoon fed.[/quote]Are you for real? Its not rather… its CAN AFFORD! What part of that don''t you understand?Seriously, you go. I''ll give it a miss. With wankers like you, you''re welcome to it!It''s a game. A game FFS!!! Its not more important than feeding your children or heating your house. You think a footballer merits £25 k a week? Really? Do you really think they are worth that much more than you?This is why the game is up shit creek without a paddle.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="kellybrook"]NCFC are in one of the best leagues in the world now, the one we all wanted them to be in.  They announce ticket prices comparable, and lower in many cases than other teams in the division, and we get moaning.  We want great players but we don''t want to contribute, bearing in mind we go up with 20 million of debt still in the background.  That''s the reality, and dressing it up in "it was not like this in the old days" is not dealing in reality, its day dreaming.

It really is very, very simple for anyone to grasp.  It''s SUPPLY AND DEMAND. 

If the ground was half full the prices would not go up.  The club know they can fill the place every week, so they put the prices up as much as they dare.  It''s a business, not a charity, and that is a fact that nobody can pretend does not exist.

As for this "poorest in society" being priced out nonsense.  Of course they are!  People are clamouring to watch Norwich next season, and are willing to PAY.  The poor are priced out of most things for similar reasons. How many "poor" people have new cars?  Holidays?  Football is a luxury, not a life-giving essential and it owes nobody nothing.  Why should it be any different to any other consumer-driven item or activity?

The people spouting the "working class hero" rubbish need to look at themselves rather than blame the club, and trying to make out that the hard working people who are paying to watch their team next season are "happy clappies".  That''s just trying to blame others for your own problem.

It''s about PRIORITIES.  I see one guy here says he will stay in his garage with his motorbike on a Saturday rather than go.  Sell your flipping bike!  Which is more important to you?  You can''t afford both, so you make a choice as with other things in life as to your personal PRIORITIES.  Everyone has to do it at some stage over something.

Moaning and blaming others is victim mentality, its the "society owes me" mindset.  It owes you jack.  If you want to go next season, but can''t afford it, look for a better job, or change your spending habits or personal priorities.  If after all that you genuinely cannot to go due to finances, then sorry but that''s the way of the world.

If you love football, you could go and watch your local boys for a couple of quid, or even free, same as if you love driving you can buy a car for £200 and drive.  but if you want the best car, you have to save up, make sacrifices or change your job.

And to the guy saying "I have three kids and cannot afford to go".  You answered your own flipping question!  You have THREE kids.  If everyone had three kids the planet would have collapsed by now.  You selfishly whad three kids, and now you selfishly expect to go to to flight football as some sort of god given right because you cannot afford everything.

Sorry to be so harsh but some of you seem to expect to be bloody spoon fed.

[/quote]

Are you for real? Its not rather… its CAN AFFORD! What part of that don''t you understand?

Seriously, you go. I''ll give it a miss. With wankers like you, you''re welcome to it!

It''s a game. A game FFS!!! Its not more important than feeding your children or heating your house.

You think a footballer merits £25 k a week? Really? Do you really think they are worth that much more than you?

This is why the game is up shit creek without a paddle.
[/quote]

I dont mean this to sound disrespectful but I think it is you struggling with reallity. Wether you go or not there will be more than enough that do want to go. Players demand those sort of wages to play for us. Gone are the days when players played for the love of the club. Should we not pay those wages we will be relegated. Your complaint should be to SKY and the players but do you think Holt will give money back to subsidise your ticket ? I think not its us interested in watching him not him wanting to play on the cheap so you can watch him. I did not see people telling Doncaster he was destroying our club with cheap football ?

The club have made many changes in order to get where they are. One of them has been to remove the influence supporters had over the running of the business. Now they will only be answerable to shareholders once a year at the AGM. For two hours a year they will have to listen to the policemen, barmen and lab boys telling them how to run the club. They can listen, nod politely and then carry on as they were. It will be a relatively easy ride while the club is successful.

It''s a far cry from the days where supporters working groups shaped the policies and were allowed to "know best".

I have every sympathy with the casual fans who find themselves having to fork out huge amounts for tickets. I have no doubt that there will be a big increase in season ticket prices next season too. Many of us will have big decisions to make when this happens. But the club know that the huge rise in casual prices will make the season ticket waiting list even longer. So there will be someone waiting to take my place if I decide not to pay.

The test will come if the club once again falls away. Would the new fans still fill the ground if we found ourselves back in League One? Or could it be that the influence of the policemen, barmen and lab boys was a big part of why we went there last time.

What kellybrook says is probably only what I''d put in words to some extent if I had the ability.

Prices going up is disappointing but they are the least expensive in the Prem.

I won''t be made to feel guilty for being a ST holder, was a casual for years because of the choices in life I had to make, didn''t make me less of a fan but keeping a roof over our heads and food on the table was a necessity and a responsibility, football an occasional luxury and a choice to sacrifice something else instead.

Now I''m older I find I can afford a bit more, a few things others seem to take for granted like a holiday - I''ve had one holiday at home or abroad in 13 years, or a season ticket to watch my team and the generalisations spouted on here at times about happy clappers johnny come lately glory hunters are what is offensive so stop whining, man up and accept that life doesn''t always hand you a bowl of juicy cherries.

Anyone with half a brain cell could see the chance of Prem football this season back in March and the queue for ST''s was an equal opportunity queue.

Go and watch non league, sign the kids up to play, listen on the radio or watch down the pub, whatever, meanwhile I look forward to seeing you when you make the occasional game as I once had to.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Yes, season ticket holders are getting cheaper football  than casuals this season, but I don''t think anyone is under any illusion that, if we stay up, STs will rocket next year.Having an ST doesn''t make you a better supporter, but at our AGM last year David McNally made it very clear that his priority was the STs, because they represented a guaranteed income stream at a time when the club was only just getting its cashflow under control. The club knows it could sell its casual tickets many times over this year, so there is an element of "name your price", but when you look at what other clubs are charging we''re not way out of line.

I agree that some fans are being priced out, but, like it or not, that''s the law of the market place, and a direct result of the bloated nature of the Premiership. Yes, I''d like to see football made more affordable, but I also want to see my club compete with the very best, and to do that, it needs to maximise its income, by charging top dollar to sponsors and, I''m afraid, to fans.

[/quote]

Not sure about this. I understand the law of the market, but there are other - longer-term - laws to be taken into consideration. So, two points:

Firstly, a partially serious debating point. If the club wanted a guaranteed income stream then it should have kept the "pay five seasons ahead" wheeze. This spring, if I''d be able, I would have paid for the 2015-2016 season. A guaranteed several hundred pounds extra for the coffers. But the club - without having the courage actually to announce this - scrapped the scheme. By the time the spring of 2015 comes around for me to renew, I may not be around to renew. If  I am around to renew will I be able to afford the equivalent of the GNP of Namibia? Possibly not.

2. Fans being priced out. Indeed. But which segment particularly? The younger fans, by the scrapping of the pre-adult casual category. These people can''t get in to acquire or carry on the Carrow Road habit because they can''t afford the absurdly casual high prices and there are no spare season tickets. More than that, there is a waiting list for season tickets.

So what did Bowkett say only a year ago? "One of our key aims is to attract and retain younger fans." Super. And the new policies achieve this how exactly?

I dont mean this to sound disrespectful but I think it is you struggling with reallity. Wether you go or not there will be more than enough that do want to go. Players demand those sort of wages to play for us. Gone are the days when players played for the love of the club. Should we not pay those wages we will be relegated. Your complaint should be to SKY and the players but do you think Holt will give money back to subsidise your ticket ? I think not its us interested in watching him not him wanting to play on the cheap so you can watch him. I did not see people telling Doncaster he was destroying our club with cheap football ?

[/quote]I''m afraid it is you that continue to miss the point… if you think football will continue to be such a great experience when ordinary people are priced out of going you need your bumps feeling.My complaint is with Sky you cretin… and greedy players (and agents)… and fans who stump up and get royally shafted year after year after year! And for what exactly? To watch a game!We are meant to be promoting social mobility and working towards a more equal society. How equal is it when the sector of society that was at the traditional roots of the game can no longer afford to go?Take a look at the attendances at the less successful clubs… falling away year by year. Yes, there is still a representation of genuine working class lads and lasses that go every week… but this is on the decline when your average man has to make a decision as to what gives so that he can take his family to the match.How many average famillies can afford say £50 per week to go to the game? Not many I''d wager in current circumstances.Players demands will continue to go up whilst we continue to allow it to happen. There will always be another Grant Holt just like there was another Kevin Reeves, Phil Boyer, Chris Sutton (repeat ad infinitum).If you care less, fine… carry on. The library it has become (rare moments of exceptional noise aside) is not in keeping with my memories of a rocking Carrow Road. I''ve heard 15,000 make more of an atmosphere than we get nowadays.

can someone explain where the idea has come from that we will be the cheapest in the prem. We will quite clearly not be. Check some of the other clubs before you make that statement and don''t forget the average wage in norfolk is way lower than london. Not every club in the prem charges qpr prices.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]can someone explain where the idea has come from that we will be the cheapest in the prem. We will quite clearly not be. Check some of the other clubs before you make that statement and don''t forget the average wage in norfolk is way lower than london. Not every club in the prem charges qpr prices.[/quote]

Well I''m a fully paid up member of the bargain hunters club, along with the other 22.000 members who re-newed, and seeing how much it works out what  we pay for a match ticket in the lower Barclay is £22. and with 2 sometimes 3 home games a month  I think my £35.70 a month D/D IS A BLOODY ABSOLUTE BARGAIN. so glad I kept the faith after that thumping result that sent us to the third division  

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="Paul"]

[/quote]

Total respect your position mate course I do and nice to see a measured response. No of course I would not want us to be like a blackburn or wigan.

I respect your opinions totally and you are not wrong.

Also the classes post was tongue in cheek and it was my boss who told me to write it and he is an elitist snob lol

Not coming down on either side of the fence particularly, just thought the following article might make interesting reading for many of the people posting in this thread:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/apr/11/bundesliga-premier-leagueAn incremental lowering/capping of ticket prices and players'' salaries might well save football from long-term implosion, but the PFA would strike at the slightest suggestion of reducing wages. And therefore, lowering ticket prices would be financial suicide. Much as I''d love to see English football take a leaf out of the Bundesliga book, it''s never going to happen. The standard of football has definitely improved markedly since the inception of the Premiership, but unfortunately most of the cash generated from Sky and worldwide broadcasting rights goes into the pockets of greedy players and agents rather than making the matchday experience more affordable for supporters. It sucks, but nothing short of a wholesale revolution can reverse the process - there are too many powerful and influential people getting minted off the back of the Premiership cash cow for change to even be considered.

Its interesting to see how divisive this issue is depending on peoples own situation.  In response to some of the latter posts on here

Paul - thankyou for your response and understanding

Kellybrook - its my choice as to how many kids I have just as its your choice to go to the football.  However my choice is goverened in part by the fact Im married and whilst yes they create a shortage of personal money I wouldnt swap them for the world.  In fact I would go as far as saying given the choice of kids or football its the kids 100% of the time.  I was going to go to Wigan but looking at the payment deadline for our family holiday later this year, Im going to have to leave it - again my choice but the kids come 1st every time.  I assume you have no kids at the moment and therefore I wouldnt expect you to understand - but you may do one day, at which time you''ll maybe learn how offensive your comment was.  Maybe youd like to discuss in a locked room with Mrs BH - though I wouldnt fancy your chances much

Purple - I see exactly what youre saying - the club are perhaps being a bit two faced but then we dont know what sort of incentives may be offered at a later date.  Market forces are very much at work here - and as mentioned its a lot cheaper to watch Prem football at Norwich than at Chelsea.  If the club do indeed stay in the premier and expand the ground the ploy will have worked I guess but should we repeat our slide from 2004-2009 at some future point then the current strategy may turn and bite the club in the backside. 

To the person that asked how far off 6 or 7 games was from a season ticket - answer probably not that many.  However some months I can afford to go - other months I cant.  Sometimes I''ll go by myself, or with Mrs BH - other times we''ll all go.  So I need to ''keep flexible''.  Yes I could buy the kids STs but its a bit pointless if I cant then afford one myself.....Maybe one day my situation will change and I will buy STs again (I was a ST holder back in the 90s when our average gate was mid-teens) but until then I will watch what I can, when I can and how I can.  One thing I wont do is whinge

[quote user="hogesar"]Supply and demand - if people don''t pay, they''ll adjust prices.

But people will. And people saying "I''m not paying £50 for a home match" are clearly being simple. Not EVERY match is £50, just a select few. If you''re going to be selective with money then you''ll also have to be selective with what matches you go to.

I think it''s fair enough - charge what people are willing to pay. And trust me, they will be willing to pay! It''d be nice to take a stand as fans on prices - but other clubs won''t join in. It''ll just be us. And we''ll be a disadvantaged club as we''ll be getting much less money from ticket revenue than other similar clubs. Whilst we''re in the Premiership we have to make the most of it and this is one of those measures.

People will slate McNally for it, but he''s doing what any business-brained individual would do. If however, you''d like to re-hire Neil Doncaster, feel free to try and get hold of him...

[/quote]

Spot on we forget we are £20 + million in the red. If it was not for McNally we would have stayed in league 1 after our points deduction for administration. People want a team to compete but think the likes of Delia should pay from her own pocket and allow people to watch at a discounted rate.   

[/quote]

Ok,, so how about an auction next season, with supply and demand controlling who gets the tickets and the club will therefore get the best price and thus optimum income ?  All season-tickets are up for grabs and whoever offers the top 22,000 best prices gets the tickets. I''ll start by offering 600 quid. Anybody going to better that ? 

" we would have stayed in league 1 after our points deduction for administration."

what a load of ridiculous sh!te

As to the auction most auctions take place when you can see what you are bidding for. A seat at Carrow Road ? In what league ?

[quote user="City1st"]" we would have stayed in league 1 after our points deduction for administration." what a load of ridiculous sh!te As to the auction most auctions take place when you can see what you are bidding for. A seat at Carrow Road ? In what league ?[/quote]

What League ? Is is not obvious.. [:D]

[quote user="City1st"]"If they do then they should have got on the season ticket list a few years ago when we were in league 1."

I wonder how many of them won''t be on the list come next summer, how many of those ''die hard fans'' will be ''bitching'' when their prices become ''realistic''.

Of course the club is going to maximise the income but I have to wonder where those who got on the list were before they ''got on the list''. The presumption that you are not a supporter because you do not have a season ticket is a nonsense as much as it is offensive.

Most of the lads I knocked about at games in the 70''s and 80''s no longer go, not through financial reasons but simply that the heart of the club seems to have been ripped out of it. Where there was once passion and a grasp of the game there is now happy clappies there for the experience. That experience used to be in the pub before the game, talking about the game and lord knows what else.

The experience is now whatever the club puts on before the game. The experience is a tacky choreographed waving of outsized flags rather than the spontaneous exuburence of celebration tthat the last home game always was. The experience is now having wretched piped music blasted out at various stages in the game to let the happy clappies now what is happening.

Fine, things change.

But change the nature of the game too much and when the razzamatazz goes, when it is just football again don''t be too suprised when the happy clappies move unto the next experience and those who were there for the football are no longer there either.[/quote]With respect City1st (and please do note that), you''re tone seems to have changed somewhat from the last ''discussion'' we had.[quote user="City1st"]"Our massive surge in crowds since the Worthy

revolution of 10 years ago and the great crowd figures being maintained

indicates that we need a bigger home ground "

old tosh

We need to simply adjust the price to reflect the demand, as we did when

the demand was much lower - only this time it will be in the other

direction.

The idea that the club will want to lose millions in income from the

loss of part of the ground when building work has to be carried out, is

ludicrous. Ludicrous when the above is a far simpler and a more

effective means of dealing with rising demand.

The club previously had stated that it costs between £2000 and £3000 per

seat to build a stand. Factor in the loss of income from the disruption

caused by building the stand and you could be looking at a minimum of 6

years to recoup the costs, never mind showing any increase in revenue. A

period of time where the current level of demand could not be guranteed

and the club might be left servicing another debt ,without the

commiserate income being generated.

Raise the ticket prices by 20% say, and you have an almost instant

revenue increase wth not much more effort involved that a few taps on

the keyboard.[/quote]The most stark contrast to me is an appreciation of the nature of the game and the fans incurred by the money surrounding it, which seems to have been ignored in my second quote, since reflecting demand is merely another means of saying concentrating sales amongst the highest tier of demand.Generally here we have to be aware of what that highest tier comprises off before we go of the wall with our pricing because of the demand. My biggest concern, and i tend to note this, is that the demographic of sales inevitably focuses on the casual white middle/upper class, middle/upper aged men, whereby more valuable, long term customers are too readily dismissed in the face of ''Premier League Football'', and ''paying our pound of flesh'', otherwise misrepresented as labelled by some as the definitive form of ''realism''.

" you''re tone seems to have changed"

it has not, try reading the posts

and I am not tone, whoever he is

Perhaps some people are beginning to think it would have been better if we hadn''t got promotion after all ... what were all the celebrations about then ?