Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Home casual ticket prices announced

"... they should be 570 quid. That seems a fair price to me actually, and then casuals could be a more modest 35 to 40 quid."

Regardless of issues of fairness or class, which are inherently emotive, it strikes me (a season ticket holder) that season tickets are very, very cheap. Given the demand and the waiting list, I don''t think they will remain so. I agree that prices approaching 600 could be charged I imagine they will be in 2 or 3 seasons.

Until the ground is enlarged, casual tickets will be in very short supply and the club would not be running the club properly as a business and maximising its revenue if it were not charging highish prices.

Personally, I would find prices of more than 50 pounds steep, but I dare say there are some who would pay, and have no problem with them doing so.

Once the stadium is enlarged, prices could then find a newer, lower level to match the increased supply.

Fair enough if season-ticket prices were comparable to casual prices but they are not in any way. They need to be raised to an average of 30 quid a game to make it fair.... that is 1140 quid. Casuals would still be paying a premium of 23 quid per game on the most expensive tickets. "

that is twaddle

season tickets were priced BEFORE the cluib knew which league they would be in - the deal was you paid early and took the chance, you can hardly have the club asking for more, more so as the casuals could quite easilysave their money by not going as it is only Barnsley at home,

bit like collecting your winnings at the bookies and him then asking for a bigger stake as you won

it does amaze me as to what some folk thought the prices would be - those prices reflect what the club think/know punters will pay, much as when we offer higher wages players leave lower clubs to join us

"What proof do you have to support your claim that you are working class please?"

Try losing your job and you will soon see what class you are

Some good news though, the Capital Canaries home travel deal from London is still great value at only £15 return (and that includes a £1 donation to FONCY)!http://bit.ly/hometripAlso got some great away trips planned at stupid prices, but only spaces left for Bolton.http://bit.ly/awaytrip

Looks like watching premiership football at FCR is the cheapest in the land. Maybe you would all be happy paying £85 to watch your team play Man Utd.

The squad and Lamberts budget could always be reduced so we can watch much cheaper

[quote user="Paul"]how many casuals go to every game?? If they do then they should have got on the season ticket list a few years ago when we were in league 1.[/quote]

Total arrogant  reply, which seems to reflect the attitude of some ST holders.  Your later quote about working class appears not to be tongue in cheek and therefore the same ilk.  OK I''ll bite as I think YoungOne is in the same position as me

I have 3 kids.  I work, as does my missus.  We pay for our house, the bills, food.  We pay for the kids to do things. 

We''re all Norwich fans.  I COULD go to the football by myself but thats not fair on my working wife - or the kids.  They want to go to. 

Even leaving our 1 year old at home with my parents, I''d still be paying over £1000 for season tickets.  OK I could spread the cost but its still a hell of a lot of money that I cant justify on spending purely on football.  Next season will be even higher.  The only solution for now - a few casual games, more away than home (because the missus and kids are not bothered about travelling)

I dont know your personal situation, nor do I care.  However you should think about other peoples situation before commenting.  Grow up

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="Paul"]how many casuals go to every game?? If they do then they should have got on the season ticket list a few years ago when we were in league 1.[/quote]

Total arrogant  reply, which seems to reflect the attitude of some ST holders.  Your later quote about working class appears not to be tongue in cheek and therefore the same ilk.  OK I''ll bite as I think YoungOne is in the same position as me

I have 3 kids.  I work, as does my missus.  We pay for our house, the bills, food.  We pay for the kids to do things. 

We''re all Norwich fans.  I COULD go to the football by myself but thats not fair on my working wife - or the kids.  They want to go to. 

Even leaving our 1 year old at home with my parents, I''d still be paying over £1000 for season tickets.  OK I could spread the cost but its still a hell of a lot of money that I cant justify on spending purely on football.  Next season will be even higher.  The only solution for now - a few casual games, more away than home (because the missus and kids are not bothered about travelling)

I dont know your personal situation, nor do I care.  However you should think about other peoples situation before commenting.  Grow up

[/quote]

Spot on Post/Reply...

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[/quote]

HA HA HA HA

I too have 2 kids, a mortgage, loans etc etc and probably have more debts than you, and I travel up from Essex to every game i think I spent well over £2500 on football last season, it is a luxury for me but i choose to do it. Me and my two kids have season tickets.

I am in the same boat as you and just beacause I have a different opinion you have a go. That my friend is pathetic.

If I couldn''t afford to go I wouldn''t and I wouldn''t bitch about. As an earlier poster said, I would rather we charge the same prices as other clubs and play in the premiership and not be able to go, than playing in league one and go.

£50 plus a game no chance will i pay that. Lets hope the premiership falls on it''s arse and all those greedy agents and footballers start living in the real world. Shame it has come to the stage where i am priced out of watching my team i have supported for over 40 years. It amazes me how supporters will pay these prices but i suppose everyone has different budgets and i for one will not be financing some flash footballer to go posing in his latest sports car. 

[quote user="Paul"]

HA HA HA HA I too have 2 kids, a mortgage, loans etc etc and probably have more debts than you, and I travel up from Essex to every game i think I spent well over £2500 on football last season, it is a luxury for me but i choose to do it.

Fair enough.  I couldnt afford to do it.  If you can good for you.  But dont assume everyone else is in the same position as you - not everyone can afford ''Luxuries'', especially to 4 figure amounts

Me and my two kids have season tickets. I am in the same boat as you and just beacause I have a different opinion you have a go. That my friend is pathetic.

Isnt that what you were doing - having a go just because others cant afford the same luxuries.  If Im pathetic so are you.  Pot.  kettle.  black 

If I couldn''t afford to go I wouldn''t and I wouldn''t bitch about.

Im not.  Its all about supply and demand and tbh just because I cant afford to go very often isnt the clubs problem.  Its sad to see so many people being priced out of the game but I guess thats the price for being in the ''best league in the world''.  Appreciate you (and many others) bought season tickets in League 1 which is great - and the club have rewarded you in the short term by giving you the option of renewing early and not increasing prices (a lot of clubs wouldnt have given that option so early especially as we were flying high) - however expect to see ST prices rise sharply too

As an earlier poster said, I would rather we charge the same prices as other clubs and play in the premiership and not be able to go, than playing in league one and go.[/quote]

Controversial, but respect your opinion.  However would you want us to become another Wigan or Blackburn?  Because mid table Prem obscurity mixed with high (or relatively high) prices can lead to a lot of empty seats in the long run.  My own view is that I want to see Norwich play irrespective of the division we''re in - I''d have followed us to the conference if thats where we''d have ended up.  However I would rather see us play Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea than Yeovil, Brighton and Southend - no disrespect to those clubs, but I want to see us playing in as higher league as possible.  If that means paying more so be it - but I''ll only be able to go 6 or 7 times per season rather than 10 or 12 - the rest of it I''ll catch on the net, in the pub, or at home

"If they do then they should have got on the season ticket list a few years ago when we were in league 1."

I wonder how many of them won''t be on the list come next summer, how many of those ''die hard fans'' will be ''bitching'' when their prices become ''realistic''.

Of course the club is going to maximise the income but I have to wonder where those who got on the list were before they ''got on the list''. The presumption that you are not a supporter because you do not have a season ticket is a nonsense as much as it is offensive.

Most of the lads I knocked about at games in the 70''s and 80''s no longer go, not through financial reasons but simply that the heart of the club seems to have been ripped out of it. Where there was once passion and a grasp of the game there is now happy clappies there for the experience. That experience used to be in the pub before the game, talking about the game and lord knows what else.

The experience is now whatever the club puts on before the game. The experience is a tacky choreographed waving of outsized flags rather than the spontaneous exuburence of celebration tthat the last home game always was. The experience is now having wretched piped music blasted out at various stages in the game to let the happy clappies now what is happening.

Fine, things change.

But change the nature of the game too much and when the razzamatazz goes, when it is just football again don''t be too suprised when the happy clappies move unto the next experience and those who were there for the football are no longer there either.

[quote user="City1st"]"If they do then they should have got on the season ticket list a few years ago when we were in league 1."

I wonder how many of them won''t be on the list come next summer, how many of those ''die hard fans'' will be ''bitching'' when their prices become ''realistic''.

Of course the club is going to maximise the income but I have to wonder where those who got on the list were before they ''got on the list''. The presumption that you are not a supporter because you do not have a season ticket is a nonsense as much as it is offensive.

Most of the lads I knocked about at games in the 70''s and 80''s no longer go, not through financial reasons but simply that the heart of the club seems to have been ripped out of it. Where there was once passion and a grasp of the game there is now happy clappies there for the experience. That experience used to be in the pub before the game, talking about the game and lord knows what else.

The experience is now whatever the club puts on before the game. The experience is a tacky choreographed waving of outsized flags rather than the spontaneous exuburence of celebration tthat the last home game always was. The experience is now having wretched piped music blasted out at various stages in the game to let the happy clappies now what is happening.

Fine, things change.

But change the nature of the game too much and when the razzamatazz goes, when it is just football again don''t be too suprised when the happy clappies move unto the next experience and those who were there for the football are no longer there either.[/quote]Brilliant post, you are right city 1st i could not have said it better.

typical cashing in on what might be one season in the premiership. Ridicuolous prices for norwich the board should be ashamed.ok not everyone can be there every week so we cant have a season ticket, some actually work away but look at sunderland v newcastle £30 for home supporters and thats a A GRADE price. cmon norwich get a grip

[quote user="itsnowornever"]typical cashing in on what might be one season in the premiership. Ridicuolous prices for norwich the board should be ashamed.ok not everyone can be there every week so we cant have a season ticket, some actually work away but look at sunderland v newcastle £30 for home supporters and thats a A GRADE price. cmon norwich get a grip[/quote]If we do stay up.  Think, by how much will season tickets will rocket.  Family man on average wages will be f***ed

With the Premier League comes the TV money and this is massive and will mean the club will be financially secure. Therefore whilst I know we have a limited number of casual seats we should still offer value for our supporters, most of whom may have had their income squeezed over the last 12 months.

The board is right to catergorise the games, that I agree with, but think the category A seats are still over priced. Some of the lowe categories offer better value but if the club want to be fair then perhaps they should add another category for live TV games, especially on a Monday night. Not so sure Sunderland will sell their 2.500 allocation or that long distance season ticket holders will always travel (I will have 4 empty seats for this game). Why not use these games to reward and encourage the families to see a Premier League game and charge a nomimal price like £10 adults and £5 for kids?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]The policy appears to be good value season tickets but squeeze as much out of the casual fan as possible. With the limited availability of casual tickets this season i''m not surprised at this as its simple supply and demand and the fact is that the likes of Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Man U fans won''t think anything of paying these prices.

I think thats just the way it will be in the prem but I will be very unhappy if this also translates into a huge rise in season ticket prices if we stay up.[/quote]I agree that a huge increase should we stay up this year will be less than welcome but it''s going to happen while we could more than sell out every time. The Board must feel like they''ve won the lottery with all this cash flowing in from every direction......Problem is they''ve got us by the '' short & curlies '' and we''re caught between a rock and a hard place. Do we risk not getting a ticket at all by giving up our season tickets, and have to do without our regular '' fix '', or do we just bite the bullet and pay up ?I think we both know the answer to that one Jim.

sorry but answer my question, why should we charge so so so much for so called grade a tickets when sunderland v newcastle is only £30 for home supporters. There is no comparison, that match is a AA grade match

Good idea Mr Bear

I expect the club will ''suck it and see'' over the Sunderland game.To follow your suggestion they will need to be flexible as well, and maybe adjust the price a few days before if there is a lower take up.

Given that it can be announced via the website and tixckets can be bought online that should not prove too difficult, however I think your prices might be a little low.

The buy back scheme is not used that much because from what I hear, many fans simply offer , family, friends etc rather than go through all the rigmarole off contacting the club.

First of all, I think its sad that every time this sort of issue we get all sorts of name calling. Yes, season ticket holders are getting cheaper football  than casuals this season, but I don''t think anyone is under any illusion that, if we stay up, STs will rocket next year.Having an ST doesn''t make you a better supporter, but at our AGM last year David McNally made it very clear that his priority was the STs, because they represented a guaranteed income stream at a time when the club was only just getting its cashflow under control. The club knows it could sell its casual tickets many times over this year, so there is an element of "name your price", but when you look at what other clubs are charging we''re not way out of line.

I agree that some fans are being priced out, but, like it or not, that''s the law of the market place, and a direct result of the bloated nature of the Premiership. Yes, I''d like to see football made more affordable, but I also want to see my club compete with the very best, and to do that, it needs to maximise its income, by charging top dollar to sponsors and, I''m afraid, to fans.

There was a certain amount of criticism on here a few weeks back when it was reported that we had pulled out of the Snodgrass deal because we couldn''t afford the inflated price ( I stress the word "reported" by the way!). I recall accusations of lack of ambition being made by one or two posters.That, I''m sorry to say, is the other side of the argument, ie we can only compete by having the resources to compete and that means, amongst other things, higher ticket prices. We can''t, as fans, live in a bubble demanding that the club spends more money than it has while expecting the prices that we, its customers, to remain low.

Now if the club wanted to get some good PR they should offer the buy back tickets at special rates, afterall these seats have already been sold once!! They will know in advance how many they have, why not offer the adult season ticket holder a flat £10 incentive as a refund and sell the tickets for £25 regardless of categories. The club makes a net £15 and the fans get a good deal...........what do you think?

sorry but go on the sunderland website whilst u cannot buy the tickets over the net the prices r published. So i am not quoting low prices but true ones

I''m not too sure if they do know in advance how many buy back tickets there unless there is an early cut off

One of the downsides of the buy backs is any clubs is wary off offering too much incentive as they don''t want fans buying season tickets then simply cherry picking the best games and getting reward for those they don''t attend - which could work out cheaper than being a casual fan (certainly this season).

The highest number of buy back tickets will most likely be the televised gamesm which correspondingly might be the games that casual fans don''t want to attend for the obvious reasons.

Not sure either how they will deal with games where the away fans will be a smaller number, as in Sunderland at home. Can''t see there really being any trouble other than the usual postering, but there is the frustration of seeing rows and rows of seats covered in ''netting''.

Not an easy task sorting this lot out.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

There are a lot of people moaning about this but, comparatively, its fairly affordable."

Maybe.  Will you still consider it reasonable when youre charged 600 quid plus for a ST next year?  Cos thats a likely starting point if we stay up

[/quote]

50 quid a game for a season-ticket would be 1900 pounds. Pretty affordable eh ?  LOLLLLLLLLLL   

[/quote]

When I went to school 19 x £50 is £950 ??

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

There are a lot of people moaning about this but, comparatively, its fairly affordable."

Maybe.  Will you still consider it reasonable when youre charged 600 quid plus for a ST next year?  Cos thats a likely starting point if we stay up

[/quote]

50 quid a game for a season-ticket would be 1900 pounds. Pretty affordable eh ?  LOLLLLLLLLLL   

[/quote]

When I went to school 19 x £50 is £950 ??

[/quote]

Yes, and 38 x 50 = 1900 .... I just inadvertantly included away games as I previously admitted but I don''t suppose you realised that. Of course you''ve never made a simple mistake, have you ?  [A]

The bottom line is that I don''t see many ST holders being willing to pay 950 quid either, but that would be the going rate at what they are hypocritically proposing is ok for casual supporters. 

[quote user="City1st"]"If they do then they should have got on the season ticket list a few years ago when we were in league 1."

Fine, things change.

But change the nature of the game too much and when the razzamatazz goes, when it is just football again don''t be too suprised when the happy clappies move unto the next experience and those who were there for the football are no longer there either.[/quote]Well said City1st! These prices are really taking the p*ss. It''s no suprise though, nearly every game last season was Grade A. I hope prices are reduced by the same percentage when we''re back in the championship.The pubs with the right satellite dishes will be doing a roaring trade next season I think!

[quote user="Paul"]We are a business not a charity, we should be on a par with other teams in the premiership and we are.

Good for the board, don''t like it don''t pay. The only way we will be successful is to charge what the others clubs do.

Moan Moan Moan[/quote]

Your an A R S E  H O L E , I can''t be bothered to think of a detailed reply, but I,ve summed it up in one word.

I know bet you''re brain started to hurt even making that response. Well done

I''m surprised that some are surprised at the prices!

While demand exceeds supply which will be even more aparent next season when all the Premiership fairweather fans fancy going to a game the club can get away with such high prices!

I''m sure if we stay up season ticket prices will go up but the club has to be careful not to take it too far!

[quote user="The Young One"][quote user="Paul"]We are a business not a charity, we should be on a par with other teams in the premiership and we are.

Good for the board, don''t like it don''t pay. The only way we will be successful is to charge what the others clubs do.

Moan Moan Moan[/quote]

Your an A R S E  H O L E , I can''t be bothered to think of a detailed reply, but I,ve summed it up in one word.[/quote]Difficult to disagree with that… all that money… going into the pockets of young men (and their agents) that only need 3 good seasons to never, ever have to worry about working again. That''s the Premier League for you.Reckon my attendance next season will be down to single figures… shouldn''t have given my season ticket up when we got relegated to our lowest league position for 50 years I guess? Or maybe our elevated position is because of just that sort of action? Maybe Delia and MWJ etc saw what would happen if things didn''t change.I''m with City 1st… too many ''happys'' at the game who talk shite for the most part… but I''m afraid that is modern football for you.Saturday afternoons spent in the garage tinkering with the bike listening to Goreham awaits. Enjoy your subsidized Season Tickets you true fans. I never knew my casual status would leave me feeling such an outsider.Pffft

If we remain in the Premiership for another year, the intention of the board is to expand the ground, whilst this is going on I can see a capacity of about 16,000. The club will not want a drop in ticket sale income, so yes, next years season tickets will be a lot higher and so will casual sales.