Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Home casual ticket prices announced

Tickets start from £28 for Grade C matches, up to £43 for Grade A.  Most expensive seats are £53 for Grade A Centre Seating.http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2397361,00.html

There are a lot of people moaning about this but, comparatively, its fairly affordable.

I wonder if those people are the same ones who gave up their season tickets three or four years back?

I gained an advantage from that and snapped one up. Glad I did now!

[quote user="BobbyLo"]There are a lot of people moaning about this but, comparatively, its fairly affordable. I wonder if those people are the same ones who gave up their season tickets three or four years back? I gained an advantage from that and snapped one up. Glad I did now![/quote]

Like some others on here, there''s a certain smell of hypocrisy in saying these prices are affordable when you avoid paying them them by any means yourself.

[quote user="exiled blue"]have norwich announced which games will be which category yet?.[/quote]

The bronze,silver and Gold hospitality packages have been announced which i imagine will be the same as A,B and C grade games.

The Gold package is Man Utd,Man City,Liverpool,Arsenal,Chelsea,Spurs and believe it or not Aston" we have sold all our good players" Villa.

So if Villa is made Grade A i think Mr McNally may have made a bad error of judgement especially as it is the last home game of the season and the unthinkable and unmentionable R word is on the cards.

There are a lot of people moaning about this but, comparatively, its fairly affordable."

Maybe.  Will you still consider it reasonable when youre charged 600 quid plus for a ST next year?  Cos thats a likely starting point if we stay up

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="exiled blue"]have norwich announced which games will be which category yet?.[/quote]

The bronze,silver and Gold hospitality packages have been announced which i imagine will be the same as A,B and C grade games.

The Gold package is Man Utd,Man City,Liverpool,Arsenal,Chelsea,Spurs and believe it or not Aston" we have sold all our good players" Villa.

So if Villa is made Grade A i think Mr McNally may have made a bad error of judgement especially as it is the last home game of the season and the unthinkable and unmentionable R word is on the cards.

[/quote]

I guess the reason Aston Villa is ''Gold'' is because it is the last game of the season rather than due to the opposition.

[quote user="paul moy"]53 quid is ridiculous for any game at Carrow Road. [:(][/quote]

Don''t pay it then!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Sorry but it should read " and IF the unthinkable.........."

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

There are a lot of people moaning about this but, comparatively, its fairly affordable."

Maybe.  Will you still consider it reasonable when youre charged 600 quid plus for a ST next year?  Cos thats a likely starting point if we stay up

[/quote]

Exactly - to all those laughing at the casuals, you could well be moaning come March next year when you are asked to renew at top price.  Surely as fans we should stick together over this.

I am not going to Chelsea as I think they are ripping people off, but no doubt I will just get comments like "we dont need your support anyway".  If enough people made a stand then clubs would have to re-price, but all the time we act like sheep then clubs will rape us for all they can.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[/quote]

50 quid a game for a season-ticket would be 1900 pounds. Pretty affordable eh ?  LOLLLLLLLLLL   

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Tickets start from £28 for Grade C matches, up to £43 for Grade A.  Most expensive seats are £53 for Grade A Centre Seating.http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2397361,00.html[/quote]

Well that rules me and my family out for most of this season.So it''s watching for FREE on the internet.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Tickets start from £28 for Grade C matches, up to £43 for Grade A.  Most expensive seats are £53 for Grade A Centre Seating.http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2397361,00.html[/quote]

Well that rules me and my family out for most of this season.So it''s watching for FREE on the internet.

the unfortuante side effect of playing in the best league in the world and still wanting to be able to operate in a manner which sees us controll our debt. I wish they were lower, but then I also remember how Mcnally said that the way the club was previously being operated at would have resulted in adminsitration.

We are a business not a charity, we should be on a par with other teams in the premiership and we are.

Good for the board, don''t like it don''t pay. The only way we will be successful is to charge what the others clubs do.

Moan Moan Moan

[quote user="birchfest"]the unfortuante side effect of playing in the best league in the world and still wanting to be able to operate in a manner which sees us controll our debt. I wish they were lower, but then I also remember how Mcnally said that the way the club was previously being operated at would have resulted in adminsitration.
[/quote]

Fair enough if season-ticket prices were comparable to casual prices but they are not in any way. They need to be raised to an average of 30 quid a game to make it fair.... that is 1140 quid.   Casuals would still be paying a premium of  23 quid per game on the most expensive tickets.  

how many casuals go to every game??

If they do then they should have got on the season ticket list a few years ago when we were in league 1.

Ooops.... yup .. they should be 570 quid. That seems a fair price to me actually, and then casuals could be a more modest 35 to 40 quid. Much fairer !!!!

This is exactly the problem with football these days, the working class with a family can no longer afford to go.The rot has well and truly set in, and once people stop paying these silly amounts the decline of football will gather pace.

It may have passed you by, but particularly with the latest recession, the lines between the classes have become increasingly blurred.

What proof do you have to support your claim that you are working class please?

I am currently a season ticket holder and I see having it as a luxury. I know that if we stay up I will no longer be able to afford to keep it as I have my 2nd child due in January which brings in additional expenses. I don''t see why people moan about it, I simply have to accept it because a few people moaning about it on here will not change the economics of football. I would rather have the club I love playing in the best league in the world than plying their trade in League 1.

The policy appears to be good value season tickets but squeeze as much out of the casual fan as possible. With the limited availability of casual tickets this season i''m not surprised at this as its simple supply and demand and the fact is that the likes of Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Man U fans won''t think anything of paying these prices.

I think thats just the way it will be in the prem but I will be very unhappy if this also translates into a huge rise in season ticket prices if we stay up.

It is at the end of the day a matter of supply and demand.

Lets say 26,000 seats:

22,000 season tickets holders

2,600 away fans (10% of capacity)

1,400 casual tickets left

the demand for the 1400 tickets, especially for the bigger teams is going to be huge.

We could charge £100+ for these tickets and we would still sell them.

[quote user="Ren"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

[/quote]

Exactly - to all those laughing at the casuals, you could well be moaning come March next year when you are asked to renew at top price.  Surely as fans we should stick together over this.

I am not going to Chelsea as I think they are ripping people off, but no doubt I will just get comments like "we dont need your support anyway".  If enough people made a stand then clubs would have to re-price, but all the time we act like sheep then clubs will rape us for all they can.

[/quote]

You''re spot on.