Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Advice on buying Replica shirts, please :)

Xara medium was a perfect fit for me. Like the tight look. Are the Errea kits of a similar size to Xara? or do I need to go bigger and get a Large?

Sounds daft to ask but Ive ordered kits in the past and found the sizing not to my liking.

Am buying both, not keen on the away but what the heck, can always throw it on the missus on match days, will make a Canaries fan of her one day!

Are Errera bigger than Xara?

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

Xara medium was a perfect fit for me. Like the tight look. Are the Errea kits of a similar size to Xara? or do I need to go bigger and get a Large?

Sounds daft to ask but Ive ordered kits in the past and found the sizing not to my liking.

Am buying both, not keen on the away but what the heck, can always throw it on the missus on match days, will make a Canaries fan of her one day!

Are Errera bigger than Xara?

[/quote]Had medium xara kit - now have medium errea kit - no size difference as far as i can make out.

Agree with Sideshow Tim. The last kit I had was the 09-11 white away shirt in a medium, which fits just fine. I had to get a large in this new home shirt. If the Xara medium was "tight" on you I''d suggest you might need a large.

I bought the same size home shirt this season as I did last season and they fit the same.

[quote user="Harry"]I bought the same size home shirt this season as I did last season and they fit the same.[/quote] Same here, no problem with the same size as last year.

So have Lord Horn and Harry lost weight without realising (in which case they ought to get down to the doctors) or has Sideshow Tim got a bit fat? We should be told.[;)]

If I was buying a top for ordinary wear, it would nearly always be a medium- I like the close fit. However, it''s different with football shirts for me as I like to put about 3 layers including a fleece under them in winter (for match purposes only you understand) So a bigger size is necessary.

Anyway, back to the point, a Xara medium had plenty of room, but the Errea medium (looked fine if there was nothing to go underneath) just wouldn''t be big enough to accommodate extra layers. The thing that really swayed it for me though was just how much shorter the Errea one is. It just looks plain daft to wear tops and trousers that are too short.

So, in conclusion, I am pleased I got the large, as it feels right all over. I would recommend getting the large if you were happy with the medium before. As a guide, I''m about 6''1 and 12 and a half stoneish!

Appreciate everyones input into this as I''m looking to but both home and away shirts in the next couple of weeks. I had last seasons shirts in size Large but I like a tighter fitting shirt, and as I have to buy online I''ve got to call this right! Would you folks recommend therefore that I buy Medium Errea shirts? I''m quite broad shouldered and the Xara Large felt fine upper body but was loose around the sides of my gut, but as I say I want a tighter fit than this - Should I stick with the Large size or would a Medium suit me better to show off my er tremendous physique *cough*. Any thoughts greatly appreciated, ta Al

[quote user="Alex "]Appreciate everyones input into this as I''m looking to but both home and away shirts in the next couple of weeks. I had last seasons shirts in size Large but I like a tighter fitting shirt, and as I have to buy online I''ve got to call this right! Would you folks recommend therefore that I buy Medium Errea shirts? I''m quite broad shouldered and the Xara Large felt fine upper body but was loose around the sides of my gut, but as I say I want a tighter fit than this - Should I stick with the Large size or would a Medium suit me better to show off my er tremendous physique *cough*. Any thoughts greatly appreciated, ta Al[/quote]

Alex - if you had a large last year and were comfortable with it, I''d stick to that - unlike sig I haven''t noticed that the length of the shirt is noticeably shorter but to be on the safe side I''d go with what you had last time round.  Unlike harry I have lost a bit of weight this year but whereas the medium last year was a bit tight around the Woodfordes belly, this year it fits just right!

I think if you''re bigger and have ''wobbly bits'' the shirt seems smaller, but if you have a solid beer gut the same size is fine.

Thanks for the reply, Lord Horn - tis much appreciated mate. I have lost a little weight from last season but should the Errea Large be slightly too baggy around the midrift I will drink much more beer (if possible) and start eating doner kebabs for breakfast on a daily basis.

I was large in the Xara kits and I chose large for the new Errea kit. No difference to be honest, except the Errea kit fits better on the neck (as it''s V style) and has a better cut. Go for the same size again.

I think some people have been spending too many 3pm''s eating pies during the summer and looking for excuses ;)