4-0 Macdonald
5-0 Macdonald
6-0 Macdonald
7-0 Macdonald
8-0 Macdonald

[/quote]

You at Eaton Park as well?

"only qualified recently"

Didn''t realise you need to be qualified to post on here (certified, perhaps)

"but i am still entitled to opinion "

I don''t think anyone said you weren''t

"where u r coming from"

is that u r as in ... ''u r Ambrosia'' ?

[quote user="Grant Holt is a Monster"]On paper I can see the starting line up being a 4-2-3-1 with Vaughan, Martin and Jackson playing behind Holt as focal point, which I think could well be how we end up playing in many games this season.[/quote]So no Hoolahan? Bennett? Pilkington (when fit)? Not to mention our other, less attacking, midfielders (whovever remains). Instead, you would be happy to see us play with 4 out and out strikers? Against some of the best teams in the world, let alone the country. And people wonder why this clubs fans have the ''dumb, country, farming folk'' reputation!

I can''t find the game anywhere online... Who are we even playing and is it 8-0 to us?

[quote user="itsnowornever"]sorry for your attitude but i have good reason for not posting only qualified recently,and yes i have been away didnt reailse there were rules but i am still entitled to opinion and if my opinion is wrong tell me so in an objective way[/quote]

Speaking objectively, your opinion is wrong

[quote user="calriv"]I can''t find the game anywhere online... Who are we even playing and is it 8-0 to us?[/quote]

What i can gather from twitter is that it is two halves against two different sides.

[quote user="itsnowornever"]ok, understand where u r coming from. No one expects us to jump in and play teams that might test us straight away. But what about the BIG teams they do not adopt the same attitude. Yes i do know what they are doing in germany, playing two different teams in ONE day. Do not need to apply for a job by the way, sorry if not everyone agrees with your views. just a good argument and rudeness is not required. Real Madrid, just have a look who they were playing pre season!!![/quote]Just had a look at their site:[quote user="www.realmadrid.com"]Jose Mourinho''s second year at the helm of Real Madrid had a perfect

start with a 4-1 victory over LA Galaxy. The Whites are now set to face

Chivas Guadalajara, the most honoured side of Mexico, in San Diego. The

main objective is for the team to get into shape and for new players to

adapt
[/quote]

[quote user="Bite The Dog"][quote user="Grant Holt is a Monster"]On paper I can see the starting line up being a 4-2-3-1 with Vaughan, Martin and Jackson playing behind Holt as focal point, which I think could well be how we end up playing in many games this season.[/quote]So no Hoolahan? Bennett? Pilkington (when fit)? Not to mention our other, less attacking, midfielders (whovever remains). Instead, you would be happy to see us play with 4 out and out strikers? Against some of the best teams in the world, let alone the country. And people wonder why this clubs fans have the ''dumb, country, farming folk'' reputation![/quote]

You''re going to have to help me out here, because obviously I don''t have your slick city intellect and sophisticated understanding that us hayseeds couldn''t possibly aspire to, but how the thundering twatweasel did you extrapolate that pile of cr*p from my post?

Lambert played a team with four strikers. I suggested a formation that might accomodate such a selection and given that these games are a prelude to the forthcoming season I presumed that Lambert was testing different players in these positions.

However, you, with your unparalleled wisdom and sophistry managed to come up with the theory that the 11 players who started this match were my ideal line up for every game City play in the Premier League. Well thankfully you''re spot on. I do indeed believe that we don''t need the likes of "that there Huuuleyhan" or Pilkington, Bennett etc. In fact I''m so sure that I may take them round the back of my barn and dispose of them with my pitchfork so superfluous are they to any plans. While we''re there I''ll take out Russell Martin, Andrew Surman, David Fox and anybody else who wasn''t in the 11 that started tonight as well, because that''s obviously what I meant.

Or were you perhaps just projecting your own intellectual inadequacies on someone else? Just a thought...

[quote user="itsnowornever"]ok, understand where u r coming from. No one expects us to jump in and play teams that might test us straight away. But what about the BIG teams they do not adopt the same attitude. Yes i do know what they are doing in germany, playing two different teams in ONE day. Do not need to apply for a job by the way, sorry if not everyone agrees with your views. just a good argument and rudeness is not required. Real Madrid, just have a look who they were playing pre season!!![/quote]So Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal are not BIG teams? Wenger has lost the plot, granted, but your example of a big team there didn''t win anything last year matey.I checked the Real Madrid fixture list anyway, they are in the world football challenge playing Los Angeles Galaxy, Guadalajara and Philadelphia Union. I wouldn''t rate any of those games as difficult as the two major friendlies that we have coming up. That is who they are playing, how are those teams any better than Parma and Zaragoza? In fact, are those teams even any better than Coventry and Crystal Palace? Probably not. We are the only team that I have found who are playing 9 friendlies, we probably have the most gruelling schedule in the league. To play Crystal Palace, Southend, Coventry City, Real Zaragoza and Parma in an 11 day period, that''s 5 tough games in less than a fortnight, what planet do you need to be on to suggest that our pre-season isn''t going to be a challenge?