Sign in to follow this  
Ncfc26

Game Tonight

#ncfc team: Ruddy, Framcomb, Tierney, Barnett, De Laet, Crofts, K Smith, Vaughan, Holt, Jackson, C Martin.

Have you actually read the standard of the two teams we are playing, hey lets start competing with teams with some pedigree. we may as well stayed at home and played teams like gorleston !!!!!!!

[quote user="itsnowornever"]Have you actually read the standard of the two teams we are playing, hey lets start competing with teams with some pedigree. we may as well stayed at home and played teams like gorleston !!!!!!![/quote]

It''s meant as a run-out in order to improve match sharpness and fitness . . . the players don''t need to be playing competitive games just yet. Once they''re at peak fitness they''ll be ready, and then they can really test their wits against decent opposition (Zaragoza, Parma etc)

These games are just so the players can get used to playing together and get them gelling as a team.

Are we seeing the rebirth of Chris Martin as an attacking midfielder?

His link up play, physicality and work ethic, regardless of the now anachronistic belief that he doesn''t put in a shift (once perhaps, but now he bloody does!), are the key elements of his game. He also has a tendency to play deep and certainly always puts in a shift for the team. I''ve often thought, from what I saw of last season, that he''d make a decent midfielder.

Of course, I could just be talking out of my arse.

Thoughts?

[quote user="itsnowornever"]Have you actually read the standard of the two teams we are playing, hey lets start competing with teams with some pedigree. we may as well stayed at home and played teams like gorleston !!!!!!![/quote]

Hmmm, concept of pre-season trainig camps beyond you I see.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]

His link up play, physicality and work ethic, regardless of the now anachronistic belief that he doesn''t put in a shift (once perhaps, but now he bloody does!), are the key elements of his game. He also has a tendency to play deep and certainly always puts in a shift for the team. I''ve often thought, from what I saw of last season, that he''d make a decent midfielder.

Thoughts?

[/quote]

I''ve noticed in the two pre season friendlies so far he has come across as impressive with his link up play. Think this would suit his game alot more than a striker. We have 4 strikers on the field?

tell that to arsenal, man u, cther they get beat or nohelsea, sunderland, spurs and the rest. Fitness my backside, i am sports therapist they should be testing themselves now regardless wether they get beat or not. what did gorleston prove

" i am sports therapist "

Of course you are dear

Signed up on here in 2006 and yet less than a half dozen replies

Cynical folk might suggest that you were a regular using another log in

re write that do not know what happened. tell that to arsenal, man u, chelsea, sunderland spurs and the rest. Fitness my backside, they would have had a harder run out against the reserves. i am a sports therapist they should be testing themselves now regardless wether they get beat or not. what did gorleston prove.

[quote user="itsnowornever"]re write that do not know what happened. tell that to arsenal, man u, chelsea, sunderland spurs and the rest. Fitness my backside, they would have had a harder run out against the reserves. i am a sports therapist they should be testing themselves now regardless wether they get beat or not. what did gorleston prove.[/quote]Much still passes you by young padawan.

Francomb playing in both halves (and scoring a screamer), is interesting. Lambert clearly wants to give him time to impress, and must think something of him given the more ''established'' players seemingly left at home.

[quote user="itsnowornever"]re write that do not know what happened. tell that to arsenal, man u, chelsea, sunderland spurs and the rest. Fitness my backside, they would have had a harder run out against the reserves. i am a sports therapist they should be testing themselves now regardless wether they get beat or not. what did gorleston prove.[/quote]Hello and Welcome to the exciting world of Football, I assume that from your comments this is your first ever season following this traditional sport! How exciting for you!Jokes aside, we have friendlys to come against a Serie A and La Leaga as well as Legue 1 and Championshipe opposition. As the pre-seasons go on we are steadly playing better teams untill we hit Wigan at full momentum.The purpose of the games against Gorlstone and more so the games in Germany are that the opposition are good enough for a run about, but also weak enough to start working of training ground practiced formations and tactics without being battered.. we dont need that yet as we have an entire season of that to come!

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

Hmmm, concept of pre-season trainig camps beyond you I see.

[/quote]

LOL

(First day back at training)

Paul Lambert " Right lads, welcome back, can you jog round the pitch only the once though, as Real Madrid are getting changed, and I want to give them a good hiding"

Plus, I would imagine there might have been a bit of local PR to us playing Gorleston, although a game was there to be won.

Do you know what they are doing in Germany? Two sessions a day etc , and playing 2 games whilst they are there. Funnily enough they have sports scientists/therapists/fitness coaches etc etc at their disposal already, but obviously you need to apply for a job there :)

With your sports therapist head on, please enlighten us as to what you would be doing with your team,from day one pre -season up until the opening days fixture.........

sorry for your attitude but i have good reason for not posting only qualified recently,and yes i have been away didnt reailse there were rules but i am still entitled to opinion and if my opinion is wrong tell me so in an objective way

[quote user="G"][quote user="Militant Canary"]

Thoughts?

[/quote]

I''ve noticed in the two pre season friendlies so far he has come across as impressive with his link up play. Think this would suit his game alot more than a striker. We have 4 strikers on the field?

[/quote]

Apparently he was playing left midfield tonight.

[quote user="itsnowornever"]re write that do not know what happened. tell that to arsenal, man u, chelsea, sunderland spurs and the rest. Fitness my backside, they would have had a harder run out against the reserves. i am a sports therapist they should be testing themselves now regardless wether they get beat or not. what did gorleston prove.[/quote]I suspect that most sports therapists, a profession that they would need a degree to enter, would capitalise the first words in their sentences. They would also know their remit, which is to deal with injuries. A sports therapist is a glorified masseuse. They are to physiotheraphy what a labourer is to a construction manager.I tolded that to Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea nonetheless. Arsenal pointed out that they played a friendly against Hangzou and Greentown of the Chinese League on the 16th July (one team per half). Manchester United agreed with your point, which is why they just played the mighty New England Revolution the other day. Chelsea also laughed at the poor opposition of our opponents, which is why they are going to be "testing themselves" against the undisputed champions of the Hong Kong premier league later this month. Idiot.

[quote user="birchfest"][quote user="itsnowornever"]re write that do not know what happened. tell that to arsenal, man u, chelsea, sunderland spurs and the rest. Fitness my backside, they would have had a harder run out against the reserves. i am a sports therapist they should be testing themselves now regardless wether they get beat or not. what did gorleston prove.[/quote]Hello and Welcome to the exciting world of Football, I assume that from your comments this is your first ever season following this traditional sport! How exciting for you!Jokes aside, we have friendlys to come against a Serie A and La Leaga as well as Legue 1 and Championshipe opposition. As the pre-seasons go on we are steadly playing better teams untill we hit Wigan at full momentum.The purpose of the games against Gorlstone and more so the games in Germany are that the opposition are good enough for a run about, but also weak enough to start working of training ground practiced formations and tactics without being battered.. we dont need that yet as we have an entire season of that to come! [/quote]What the hell is a ''Gorlstone'', is that like a gallstone? Can you be cured? I know somebody in Gorleston who have a gallstone, not sure if they have ever had a Gorlstone though.

ok, understand where u r coming from. No one expects us to jump in and play teams that might test us straight away. But what about the BIG teams they do not adopt the same attitude. Yes i do know what they are doing in germany, playing two different teams in ONE day. Do not need to apply for a job by the way, sorry if not everyone agrees with your views. just a good argument and rudeness is not required. Real Madrid, just have a look who they were playing pre season!!!

[quote user="itsnowornever"]sorry for your attitude but i have good reason for not posting only qualified recently,and yes i have been away didnt reailse there were rules but i am still entitled to opinion and if my opinion is wrong tell me so in an objective way[/quote]

You are of course,entitled to your opinion, but what I was (tongue in cheek) getting at was that you criticised the system, yet did not offer any alternative option, and especially you being a sports therapist and all!

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="birchfest"][quote user="itsnowornever"]re write that do not know what happened. tell that to arsenal, man u, chelsea, sunderland spurs and the rest. Fitness my backside, they would have had a harder run out against the reserves. i am a sports therapist they should be testing themselves now regardless wether they get beat or not. what did gorleston prove.[/quote]Hello and Welcome to the exciting world of Football, I assume that from your comments this is your first ever season following this traditional sport! How exciting for you!Jokes aside, we have friendlys to come against a Serie A and La Leaga as well as Legue 1 and Championshipe opposition. As the pre-seasons go on we are steadly playing better teams untill we hit Wigan at full momentum.The purpose of the games against Gorlstone and more so the games in Germany are that the opposition are good enough for a run about, but also weak enough to start working of training ground practiced formations and tactics without being battered.. we dont need that yet as we have an entire season of that to come! [/quote]What the hell is a ''Gorlstone'', is that like a gallstone? Can you be cured? I know somebody in Gorleston who have a gallstone, not sure if they have ever had a Gorlstone though. [/quote]Hahaha very good! Damn my attempts at touch typing!